My Goings On in June:
Summer is here and I’m taking full advantage!
- My family spent the last two weeks in June in Colorado, hiking, sightseeing, wild animal watching, gold panning, hummingbird feeding, wildflower picking, ropes course climbing, go-karting – and just generally having tons of fun!! (Check out the picture of us up on Mt. Bierstadt HERE).
- I am still working on editing Summer Haikus by S.J. Pajonas and finished a proofread of Avalon’s Child by Leigh Bennett.
- I’m sure other stuff happened at the beginning of the month, but honestly, it’s all a blur now. Vacation has sucked away all of my brain cells.
Most Popular Posts:
The discussion challenge link-up wasn’t my most popular post this month, like it usually is, but it still hit number three. The two even more popular June posts were:
Faith in Blogging: How to Stay True to Who You Are Without Rocking the Boat – This post may have been about a slightly controversial topic, but I’m happy to see that it struck a chord with so many people!
Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan – Review & Giveaway – Apparently, everyone wants to get their hands on an ARC of this book!
Other Features & Discussions:
My Favorite June Discussions on Other Blogs:
Once again, I’m behind on June’s discussions, since our vacation has kept me away from the blogosphere a lot more than usual. But here are a few posts I HAVE read and loved:
- Tonyalee over at Lilybloombooks writes about how she sometimes feels like she has trouble Fitting In.
- Ardelia at The Unplumbed Sea asks how you answer the question, “Got Any Book Recommendations?”
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight asks if you’re a Part-Time Perfectionist.
Best of the Bunch used to be a book blog hop hosted over at Always Lost in Stories on the last day of each month, but it seems that Sally’s stopped blogging, so this hop is now pretty much defunct. Okay, I know I said I was going to start my own link-up for this in June, but I don’t know what crazy planet I thought I was living on where that would happen in addition to vacationing and family stuff that we have going on in June and July. I am putting it into my calendar for toward the end of July … right … now.
June 2015 Reviews
I reviewed A LOT of really great books in June! Here’s everything:
- Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Captured by You by Amber Hart | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Daughter of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Damsel Distressed by Kelsey Macke | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Hello, I Love You by Katie M. Stout | Review | Rating: 3.5/5
- Diamonds in the Rough by Michelle Madow | Review | Rating: 3/5
- Two of Hearts by Christina Lee | Review | Rating: 3/5
- I Am the Traitor by Allen Zadoff | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Racing Hearts, Book 2 by Laura Lascarso | Review | Rating: 4/5
- The Hidden Library by Heather Lyons | Review | Rating: 5/5
- The Forgotten Mountain by Heather Lyons | Review | Rating: 5/5
- The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Faking Perfect by Rebecca Phillips | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
And June’s Best of the Bunch winner is:
I really loved Emmy & Oliver and Damsel Distressed, but The Forgotten Mountain (and all of the other books in the series) completely blew me away, so I had to choose that!
Now Alice has become a member of the clandestine Collectors’ Society, and the impossible has found her again in the form of an elusive villain set on erasing entire worlds. As she and the rest of the Society race to bring this mysterious murderer to justice, the fight becomes painfully personal.
Lives are being lost. Loved ones are shattered or irrevocably altered. Each step closer Alice gets to the shadowy man she hunts, the more secrets she unravels, only to reveal chilling truths. If she wants to win this war and save millions of lives, Alice must once more embrace the impossible and make the unimaginable, imaginable.
Sometimes, the rabbit hole leads to terrifying places.