My Goings On in April:
- Things around here have been pretty up and down when it comes to that curveball that I mentioned last month. Just when I’ll think we’re moving along swimmingly, things will go south. Have I ever mentioned that parenting a teenager is hard? Parenting a teenager is very hard. (Actually, I take that back—all parenting is just really freaking hard.)
- Our homeschool co-op year is just about over, giving me a little bit more free time, which is good because …
- I have a new editing project that I’ve been working on. 🙂
- I also went to a Strange the Dreamer event and met Lainie Taylor.
- The kids started a new swimming season and we just had our first meet yesterday.
Most Popular Posts:
- My #1 post was still A Spoiler-Filled Discussion of Three Dark Crowns.
- I was excited to see that my second most visited post of the month was my annual April Fool’s joke. This year’s was Announcing BookBloggicon: a New Annual Book Event You WON’T Want to Miss!
- Next was the April Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway!
Other Features & Discussions:
Why Everything I’ve Ever Told You About Book Blogging Is Wrong (and Also Right). Let’s Discuss.
March Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway
Laini Taylor’s Strange The Dreamer Event Recap
Graphs Make Me Happy! Let’s Discuss.
My 2017 Reading Progress:
I changed my Goodreads goal to 200 since I’ve been reading a lot this year. I’m still 11 ahead—of course, as soon as I do that, I’ll probably start reading way less. Oh well, we shall see!
April 2017 Reviews
- The Pain Eater by Beth Goobie | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Just Another Girl by Elizabeth Eulberg | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Dream Magic by Joshua Khan | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Ignite by Danielle Rogland | Review | Rating: 3.5/5
- Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Library Wars by Kiiro Yumi | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Love*Com by Aya Nakahara | Review | Rating: 4/5
- A Silent Voice by Yoshitoki Oima | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Death Note by Tsugumi Ohba | Review | Rating: 4/5
April Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
This month, my favorite was Defy the Stars (though Letters to the Lost was a close second!). I was just blown away by this first installment of Claudia Gray’s newest series, and I can’t wait to read more!
2017 Reading Challenges Progress:
Status: 11/41 Discussions Posted
I only posted two discussions this month.
Why Everything I’ve Ever Told You About Book Blogging Is Wrong (and Also Right)
Graphs Make Me Happy!
Two (Free) Tools that Have Transformed My Replying and Commenting Back
Is There Such a Thing as a “Quick Post”?
My Haphazard Reading Habits.
Watching Bloggers Come and Go.
A Book Blogger’s Guide to Acronyms, Terms and Slang
Am I the Only One Without an OTP?
Why Does Technology Scare Me So?
Special Niche Genres
Seeing the Book Blogging World Through Rose-Colored Glasses
Status: 22/50 Books Read
I reviewed five fantasies this month (again, a few are more paranormal or sci-fi dystopian, but I’m counting them since it looks like the people who run the challenge count these types of books).
As of yet, I haven’t read any of Alexa and Rachel’s favorites that I’ve planned to read: Throne of Glass, The Girl of Fire and Thorns, Six of Crows, The Winner’s Curse, Graceling. I’m keeping their pictures here, so I don’t forget about them!
Status: 8/21-30 Books
Only one book from off my shelf this month, but I realized I forgot to count one from last month:
Status: 5/5-10 Books
I decided not to count these toward my finished series count, but I did finish two manga series this month (the other two series I actually finished in 2016 but didn’t review until now), so I thought I’d mention them …
Here are some of the other series I’m hoping to finish this year (as a reminder to myself):
Status: 36/61-100 books read
Here are the ones I read this month:
Status: 5/15-20 Books Listened To
I listened to some this month, but I haven’t reviewed them yet.
Status: 42/76 Possible Gameboard Spaces
If you’re interested in which books I read for each category or in seeing a bigger version of the updated gameboard, then go to my 2017 Bookopoly Progress page. The image above has been updated to reflect my newest reads. (I used 6 of the books I read for the challenge this month.)
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Broc’s Bookcase
Don’t forget to link your February wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up! And check out the giveaway, which will be posted here on Feed Your Fiction Addiction on the 8th!