Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Well, I switched hosting companies this week (you can read more about it HERE). You may notice a few things off – the biggest thing I’ve noticed so far is that my reply feature doesn’t seem to be working properly, so I’m mostly holding off on replying to comments this week (until Ashley, my new hosting provider gets back from her Hawaiian vacation!). Sorry for the quirks, but I know we’ll get them worked out soon. If you notice anything, feel free to let me know in the comments (thanks, Silvara, for doing just that!).
Not much other news around here – we start school next week and I have sufficiently procrastinated so I feel completely unprepared! Nothing new there!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- Lost World by Kate L. Mary (review)
- Stepdog by Nicole Galland (review)
- Pardon My Dust (and a Possible New Look)
- How to Create Folders in Bloglovin’ – After the comments in last week’s post, it seemed like a little tutorial would be useful!
ARC August Update: This week, for ARC August, I read: Never Been Texted by Linda Joy Singleton and The Body Institute by Carol Riggs.
Next week on FYFA:
- Get Real by Tellulah Darling (review & giveaway)
- Never Been Texted by Linda Joy Singleton (review & giveaway)
- Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell (review)
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish 🙂
From My OTSP Secret Sister:
I got a letter (along with a sticker from Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s high school!) AND another surprise package from my secret sister this week! I’m honestly feeling more than a little bit spoiled. The package is geared more toward my kids (who now adore my secret sister), but I love it so much and wanted to show it to all of you! (And, let’s face it – I’m easily eating as much of this candy as my kids are!)
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Summer Haikus by S.J. Pajonas (release day giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a paperback of the book (US) or an ebook (INT)
- What You Left Behind by Jessica Verdi (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a paperback ARC copy!
- August Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – It’s a new month and time for a new link-up! Join us and enter to win a fall release.
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Danielle over at Love at First Page is participating in the Playing for Her Heart blog tour, which includes a giveaway of a signed paperback copy.
- Lots of blogs participating in the Clear Your Shelf Giveaway Hop!
- Fic Fare is giving away two print copies of The Uninvited by Cat Winters.
- Parajunkee’s View turned six and she’s celebrating by giving away a whole stack of books!
- The Social Potato is giving away TWO Preorders of Selected 2016 Titles.
- Danielle over at Love at First Page and Lili at Lili’s Reflections are doing a Summer of Series promotion and giving away LOTS of books, including two eBox sets of the Wild Rush series, winner’s choice of Star Cursed or Sisters’ Fate, an ARC of The Pirate Code, a finished copy of Updraft, a signed paperback of Addicted To You, a finished copy of While You Were Gone, and a signed hardcover of Sekret. Plus, there are lots more coming! (I actually won one of the giveaways for this summer event!)
- Enter to win a book of your choice at Wishful Endings!
- Clean Teen Publishing is giving away a mystery box of their books!
- Lisa over at Lisa Loves Literature is celebrating her 6th blogoversary with a giveaway!! Enter to win a book from The Book Depository!
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight is doing a really fun giveaway because she reached 1000 Bloglovin’ Followers! She has a US only giveaway AND and International giveaway!
- Nicole over at Quality Fangirls is hosting a BookCon giveaway. There are tons of different prizes like a signed Throne of Glass hardcover and lithograph poster, some TMI Swag, Illuminae and lots, lots more!
- Candace’s Book Blog and Pure Imagination have a weekly post called Saturday Situation, where people can link up their giveaways and reviews that need some more love. There are hundreds of posts listed there, so you should definitely check it out!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
Aw, that’s cute your secret sister got some fun items for the kids. I hope school goes well this week! 🙂
Wasn’t that sweet of her? My kids were very happy!
Yeah, something is up with your comment because the cookie is not remembering my information either and I have to type it in every time I come back. Add that to your list. 🙂 Hope the beginning of school goes well! We don’t start back until Thursday of not this week, but the next. Still, I don’t want summer to end. I wish it could go on and on forever.
Just finally got the replying thing working. I’ll have to look into the needing to type your information in every time – thanks for letting me know about it!!
Can’t believe it is school time already! It went by so fast! Such fun stuff from your secret sister. Hope you enjoy all your new books. Have a great week!
I know – we just started school up yesterday, but I’m still not feeling prepared!! 🙂
Glad you got all moves and sorted. I love Ashley and her plugins. Not sure I could handled managed hosting because I like to play around and try new things..but I have a feeling you will be in good hands.
Yeah, my version of playing around and trying new things usually ends up with something broken so … (Even just my widgets were wrong, which was what was causing my issues with replying. Sigh.) Oh well. Good thing I have Ashley!
Sorry to hear about the hassles you’ve had since changing hosts. It can be very annoying can’t it?!
Love all of your goodies though!
Really, it’s not an issue with the hosting at all – it’s all stuff on my side that’s causing issues (but for some reason just didn’t with the old hosting). I just had bad timing because I switched over right before my hosting provider went on vacation!
Cool! I am such a huge Buffy fan! I hadn’t seen that Stepping Stones book before, but I do love the cover of it! Great haul!
Check out my Sunday Post
Yay for Buffy fans!! Anyone who loves Buffy is A-OK in my book!