My Goings On in August:
So, school has officially started now and life gets so much busier. August was a good time to get in those last hurrahs! Not too much exciting happened around here, though. Just catching up on things before it gets hectic.
- I finished proofreading The Undays of Aralias Lyons by K.L. Horvath and started editing Alyssa’s Redemption by Karly Morgan.
- My two older kids spent the end of summer at camp – my daughter does a horse camp every year and my son did a rock climbing/biking/rafting camp this year. So much fun!
Most Popular Posts:
A bit of a change-up this month. I was kind of surprised by my most visited post!
July Wrap-Up Round Up Giveaway (Yay! Make sure you check out the round-up giveaway for August, which will be posted on the 7th)
Other Features & Discussions:
My Favorite August Discussions on Other Blogs:
- The Shattering Stigmas event that was going on at It Starts at Midnight, The Thousand Lives and Bookshelf Reflections was a definite favorite. If you haven’t yet, check out the posts, which focus on shattering the stigmas of mental illness.
- Jen at The Bookavid always has such great discussions!! Two of my favorites this month were Are Diverse Characters and Representation Unnecessary? and #BloggerBlackmail: Do You Think Bloggers Have a Right to Get Paid?
- Renae at Respiring Thoughts also addresses diversity in her post: I’m not reading any white authors this month.
- Terri at Second Run Reviews talks about how men and women are viewed differently when it comes to issues like sexual assault in The fight for gender equality.
- AJ at Read All the Things writes about Following Back—Why I Do It (And Occasionally Wish I Didn’t). (If you have similar issues with Bloglovin’, be sure to check out my post about how to create Bloglovin’ folders – it will help!)
- Joey at Thoughts and Afterthoughts give us a somewhat cynical view of HEAs in his post: Ships Don’t Sink…They Turn Into Shipmarines.
My 2015 Reading Progress:
Here’s my reading for 2015 so far. As I’ve mentioned before, the books that are unrated are books I’ve edited, so I don’t rate them.
August 2015 Reviews
Here are the books I reviewed in August:
- A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery | Review | Rating: 4/5
- What You Left Behind by Jessica Verdi | Review | Rating: 4/5
- The Bourbon Kings by J.R. Ward | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Blackmail Boyfriend by Chris Cannon | Review | Rating: 3.5/5
- When We Were Human by Kate L. Mary | Review | Rating: 3/5
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Lost World by Kate L. Mary | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Stepdog by Nicole Galland | Review | Rating: 3/5
- Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell | Review | Rating: 3/5
- Get Real by Tellulah Darling | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Lead Me Not by Ann Gallagher | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Never Been Texted by Linda Joy Singleton | Review | Rating: 3/5
My Favorite August Read:
This month, there was a clear-cut winner (though I will say that Lost World was a close second). Everything, Everything was such a great book – too bad I couldn’t say much about it in my review!
My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.
But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.
Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.
So, that was my August in a nutshell! Tell me about your month!
Don’t forget to link your August wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up! And watch for the giveaway, which will be posted on the 7th!