Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Once again, I feel like there’s not much to tell you about my week. I started watching The Shannara Chronicles, which I’m excited about. Anybody else watching? But that’s about it.
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Unravel and Unhinge by Calia Read – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a paperback copy of Unhinge!
- The Year We Fell Apart by Emily Martin – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a hardcover copy of the book.
- Bite Sized Reviews: The Map to Everywhere and City of Thirst by Carrie Ryan
- What Type of YA MC Would You Be? Let’s Discuss!
Next week on FYFA:
- Recap of Anderson’s Truthwitch and Passenger author event – I meant to post this on Saturday, but things ended up being hectic around here and I didn’t get to it.
- The Prophecy of Shadows by Michelle Madow – Michelle’s Top Five Addictions & Giveaway
- Pull by Anne Riley – Review & Giveaway
- Bookish Backdrops: The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye – my Tsar’s Guard Parade post & Giveaway
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
A couple of birthdays and blogoversaries coming up next week. I hope you’ll stop on by these blogs and send the bloggers some cheer in honor of their special days!! (And check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up.)
Thanks to Random House Kids for Abe Lincoln and the Selfie that Saved the Union. This will be a fun one to add to our homeschooling – and someone’s already enjoying it!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
I love the beginning of the year because everyone makes resolutions to discuss more and that means tons of fantastic discussions linked up to our discussion challenge. There are so many great posts that I seriously want to link up to all of them. Here are just a few (so make sure you check out the rest!):
- Kaja at Of Dragons and Hearts talks about how much pressure authors must feel after a first book in her post, High Expectations.
- Genesis at Latte Nights Reviews asks Are ARCs the Reason Behind Blogging?
- Zeee over at I Heart Romance and YA talks about Book to Movie Expectations.
- Vailia at Vailia’s Page Turners asks Am I reading a book review or a book report here?! (And I SO agree with her on this one!)
- Girl With Her Head in a Book asks What’s In A Rating?
- Kristie at Lost in Ever After gives us her perspective in Spirituality and LGBT.
Also, Alexa at Words off the Page is organizing a Blind Book Date Club where you send a book to another blogger for discussion!
Holly Bodger is giving away a free novella set in the same world as 5 to 1.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Year-End Wrap-Up Giveaway – Still time to help me clear my shelves (US) or win a book of your choice (INT)
- January Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway – Link up your January discussions and enter to win a Pre-Order of a 2016 Release
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Tonya at Lilybloombooks is celebrating her 3rd blogoversary and she’s giving away a Kindle Fire (US) and Two Books from TBD (INT)
- Enter to win an Autographed ARC of THE CROWN’S GAME (I LOVED this book, just like I hoped I would!!) Also, check out these 101 creative Tsar’s Guard Parade posts – there’s something for everyone!
- Help your favorite Indie bookstore gain the chance to win $3000 and you get a chance to win a $50 gift card in the process!
- Xpresso Reads is participating in the Firsts blog tour and they’re giving away A Finished copy of Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn (which I really enjoyed!)
- This one cracked me up and I just had to include it – Beckie at Bittersweet Enchantments is giving away a Hot Dudes Coloring Book (courtesy of Penguin Random House).
- Eugenia over at Genie in a book is celebrating her birthday with a giveaway!
- Lisa at Lost in Literature is taking part in a blog tour that’s giving away two copies of Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer.
- Lots of blogs participating in the Dreaming of Books Giveaway Hop!
- And the January New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Stuck in Books is celebrating their fifth blogoversary with several giveaways! There’s a chance to win an Audiobook of The Dark Legacy of Shannara by Terry Brooks, an ARC copy of Tessa Ever After by Brighton Walsh, an ARC of COPPER GIRL by Jennifer Allis Provost, an Audiobook of Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich, an ARC copy Exposed by Jasinda Wilder, a Paperback of STARCROSSED by Josephine Angelini, Don’t Call Me Baby by Gwendolyn Heasley, White Hot Kiss, Stone Cold Touch & Every Last Breath, an ARC of TITANS by Victoria Scott, Untouchable by Ava Marsh, an ARC copy of NOT IF I SEE YOU FIRST by Eric Lindstrom, an ARC of GET DIRTY by Gretchen McNeil, Lux Beginnings, Consequences & Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Pawn by Aimee Carter, Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck, Vipers Rule by Stephanie Tyler, What We Find by Robyn Carr, Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry, a signed copy of Wicked by Jennifer L Armentrout, and Young World by Chris Weitz
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!