My Goings On in February:
- I turned 42 this month. Yep, that’s right – I’m old. 🙂 But it was also my blogoversary, and my blog only turned three, so let’s just average those out, shall we?
- I did a proofread of A Faerytale: The Beloved by Genevra Thorne, which is being published by Booktrope.
- I’m still working my way through season 4 of Once Upon a Time (my official elliptical viewing pleasure). I really love this show!! I also started watching Fuller House with my kids. It’s incredibly cheesy (just like the original show was), but they like the goofy humor, and I get to reminisce a bit. I’m a bit surprised by how many sexual innuendos they pack into the script, but I guess that’s just the world today – I have to admit it makes me kind of sad. Oh, and my husband and I have been bingeing on Chuck for the past few months – it’s also cheesy, but in a much more tongue-in-cheek, hilarious way!
- My daughter’s taking a break from gymnastics for at least a month (maybe permanently?), so I’m officially not doing hospitality for the March state meet. I’m not gonna lie – I’m thrilled!
- I used my birthday money to buy some really cute artwork from Tabitha (who did my blog design). I actually got even more than this, but I haven’t decided which things I’m going to give to my Secret Sister yet, so I’m not showing them all. Most of them are prints, but the mushroom one is an original, and Tabitha even threw in the little collector’s card size original fox girl and the Belle print as a happy birthday to me (I thought that was really sweet.) I still need to get frames for most of them, but I had one frame that was perfect!
Most Popular Posts:
My Birthday & Blogoversary Giveaway! – Thanks for all the love and well-wishes! There’s still one more week to enter the giveaway!
The February Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway – As usual, the number of discussion posts went down a bit in February (we start out with a BANG in January), but there were still 90 February discussions posted!! Make sure you check them out – especially those last minute entries that you may have missed!
Other Features & Discussions:
My 2016 Reading Progress:
February 2016 Reviews
Here are the reviews I posted this month:
- Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Call Me, Maybe by Ellie Cahill | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- To the Stars by Molly McAdams | Review | Rating: 3/5
- Stardust Destiny by Nazarea Andrews | Review | Rating: 3/5
- Assassin’s Heart by Sarah Ahiers | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Abe Lincoln and the Selfie that Saved the Union by David Potter | Review | Rating: 3.5/5
- After the Woods by Kim Savage | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- The Distance Between Us by Kasie West | Review | Rating: 3.5/5
- The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Underground by Janelle Stalder | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Air Awakens by Elise Kova | Review | Rating: 4/5
My Favorite February Read:
After the Woods wins out this month because of the engrossing mystery, but Their Fractured Light is a close second – the Starbound Trilogy as a whole is an all-time favorite!
Status: 8/49 Discussions posted
Status: 1/5 Books Read
None this month!
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Shooting Stars Mag
Status: 2/12 Books Read
Hmmm … I don’t think any of the books I read this month really apply to this challenge. I read three fantasies with characters of sort of nebulous ethnicities, but I don’t know that I would specifically put any of them into the diverse books category. Unless I’m misremembering? Correct me if I’m wrong!
Status: 4/21-30 Books Read
Once again, I only included physical books that I actually had on my shelf before January (and read in 2016, since I actually read Their Fractured Light in December).
Status: 1/12 Series Finished
Um, I failed at this challenge in February! I meant to finish The Others series by Anne Bishop, but I only finished the first book! I’m still working on it and plan to finish it toward the beginning of the month, though!
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Love at First Page