My Goings On in March:
- It was a bit of a slow month around the blog since I was feeling a little slumpy and then headed out on vacation. I’ll be back full-steam ahead in April, though!
- I edited Allie Juliette Mousseau’s newest Adult/NA standalone, Stripped and started an edit of a book for a new client.
- We went to Tucson, Arizona for spring break and had a fabulous time! Not only did we get to visit my husband’s parents (who live in Tucson for half the year), we also got in some hiking in the beautiful desert terrain. We did a few hikes – one that was almost 9 miles and another that was a bit shorter, but got us up to a ridge with fantastic views (see the picture below). This is the first time I’ve ever been there when the cacti were in bloom and it was amazing to see all the desert flowers!
Most Popular Posts:
The March Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway – Still so many amazing discussions going on! I SO love this challenge!
Other Features & Discussions:
My 2016 Reading Progress:
I’ve had a really good reading year so far! I did have one self-pubbed book that I DNF’d over vacation (I can’t believe I managed to DNF!), but it’s been great otherwise!
March 2016 Reviews
I didn’t manage to post all that many reviews this month because of my hiatus. I have kept up with reading, though – If you look on my sidebar, you’ll see that there are lots of books that I’ve read that have reviews coming soon!
Here’s what I did manage to review in March:
- Titans by Victoria Scott | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Painting Rain by Annette K. Larsen | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Written In Red by Anne Bishop | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Vision in Silver by Anne Bishop | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Marked in Flesh by Anne Bishop | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Threats of Sky and Sea by Jennifer Ellision | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Riot of Storm and Smoke by Jennifer Ellision | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Siren’s Song by Mary Weber | Review | Rating: 3.5/5
- Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
My Favorite March Read:
This month was easy! The Others Series as a whole is a definite new all-time favorite. I LOVED every minute of reading it and now I’m so sad that I have to wait for the next book. I’m using the first book as my favorite, though I loved the second one just as much.
Status: 11/49 Discussions posted
Sometimes You Just Need to Disappear for a Little While
How Much Do You Read?
The Fine Line Between “Inspired By” and “Copycat”
Can Book Blogging Lead to a Job
Some Books Just Aren’t All That Memorable
Books that Intimidate Us
2015 End of Year Book Survey
Replying to Comments on Older Posts
What Blogging Has Done to My Bookshelves
What Type of YA MC Would You Be?
Culling the TBR
Status: 1/5 Books Read
None of the books I read this month had unique formatting!
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Shooting Stars Mag
Status: 3/12 Books Read
I haven’t been as intentional about this challenge as I’d like to be, but I am counting one book toward my goal because, unlike many fantasy books that have sort of raceless main characters (or white), Eogan from Siren’s Song is most definitely black!
Status: 4/21-30 Books Read
I completely failed at this challenge in March. While The Others Series has been on my TBR for a very long time, it wasn’t actually on my shelf – I had to buy the books to catch up! I did start a book from off my shelf the day before yesterday, though, so there will definitely be progress made in April!
Status: 2/12 Series Finished
I finished The Others series by Anne Bishop in March! I’m still one series behind, so I’ll have to make up ground somewhere. I think in April I’ll tackle the last two books in the Bloodlines Series by Richelle Mead.
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Love at First Page