This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Yesterday we celebrated Christmas with my husband’s family, and we had a fun night with lots of good food. I made a cute Christmas Tree pull-apart pizza bread recipe that I found on Shooting Stars Mag—thanks for the yummy meal, Lauren!
These two posts are older, but I want to make sure everyone knows they’re up:
- 2018 Book Blog Discussion Challenge Sign-Up – It’s time! Sign up for 2018 today!
- Looking for a List of 2018 Reading/Book Blogging Challenges? Look No Further! – This is my master list, and it keeps growing! I’ve already added at least ten new challenges since I published it, so bookmark it and keep checking back!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this past week:
- The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson: A Dual Review with Danielle Hammelef – Check out what Danielle and I thought of the book!
- The Evaporation of Sofi Snow: Review and Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a prize pack!
- Why Can’t I Seem to Read Lately? Let’s Discuss.
- Island of Exiles and Sea of Strangers by Erica Cameron: Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a prize pack!
Next week on FYFA:
My plans for this week aren’t particularly solidified, but I’ll probably review these:
- Meet Cute Anthology: Review
- The Wolves of Mercy Falls Series by Maggie Stiefvater: Series Review
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- December 21st – Chasing Faerytales‘ Blogoversary
Since I’m running behind this week, I’ll update this section next week!
Listed in order of release date. Any new deals that I just added to the list this week will be denoted with a *** so you can easily find them!
Please note: Almost all pre-order giveaways run “while supplies last,” so I can’t guarantee that they’ll be open until the date listed. Pre-0rder early for your best chance to get all the goodies!
- Pre-order CHAINBREAKER by Tara Sim to receive Character cards of Meena, Akash, and Zavier, as well as a bookmark and a special quote print! (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order HEART ON FIRE by Amanda Bouchet to receive a limited edition poster! (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order MEET CUTE by various authors, including Jennifer L. Armentrout, Dhonielle Clayton and Katie Cotugno, to receive a set of 6 pins based on the cover! (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order YOU’LL MISS ME WHEN I’M GONE by Rachel Lynn Solomon to receive a bookmark, a signed bookplate with evil eye pattern, and an exclusive short story that catches up with the protagonists five years later. You’ll also be entered to win a themed prize pack. (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order THE CRUEL PRINCE by Holly Black to receive a signed bookplate, enamel pin & bookmark. (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order NICE TRY, JANE SINNER by Lianne Oelke to receive a signed bookmark, two stickers, and a chance to win much, more more. (ends 11/7)
- Pre-order UNEARTHED by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner to receive an exclusive e-short set before the events of These Broken Stars, an autographed bookplate especially designed to go in your book, and a chance to get your name the sequel to Unearthed! (ends 1/8)
- Pre-order TRULY DEVIOUS by Maureen Johnson from select bookstores to receive a signed copy and an exclusive Maureen Johnson Detection Club sticker (ends 1/15)
- Pre-order LOVE, HATE AND OTHER FILTERS by Samira Ahmed to receive a custom button set! (Plus a signed, personalized copy and a hand-lettered art print, if you pre-order from Anderson’s) (ends 1/15)
- Pre-order IRON GOLD by Pierce Brown to receive an exclusive art print featuring the book’s characters! (ends 1/16)
- Pre-order ZENITH by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings to receive a Zenith necklace. (ends 1/16)
- Pre-order REIGN OF THE FALLEN by Sarah Glenn Marsh t0 receive a set of 7 beautiful character art cards, a bookmark and a signed bookplate. (ends 11/22)
- Pre-order LOLA DUTCH IS A LITTLE BIT MUCH and receive a digital package that includes: Coloring Pages, Paper Puppets, Mini Guided Learning Activities with Lola and much more! (ends 1/29)
- Pre-order REIGN THE EARTH by A.C. Gaughen to receive an exclusive map poster. (ends 1/29)
- Pre-order THE HAZEL WOOD by Melissa Albert to receive an exclusive set of 10 “tarot-inspired” character cards. (ends 1/29)
- Pre-order LOSING BRAVE by Bailee Madison & Stefne Miller to receive an exclusive swag pack, including a Bonus Chapter, exclusive video from Bailee Madison, and signed book poster! (ends 1/29)
- ***Pre-order WIRES AND NERVE VOLUME 2 by Marissa Meyer to receive an Iko print signed by Marissa Meyer! (ends 1/29)
- ***Pre-order KEEPER by Kim Chance to receive a bookmark, signed bookplate and stickers, plus the chance to win even more! (INT) (ends 1/29)
- Pre-order HEART OF IRON by Ashley Poston to receive 1 of 4 (or all 4, depending on where you order from) ultra-exclusive holographic character prints and a signed bookplate. (ends 2/26)
- Pre-order THE CASE FOR JAMIE by Brittany Cavallaro to receive a signed book and exclusive Charlotte Holmes swag. (ends 3/5)
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed with this week’s posts)
- December Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up December discussion posts and enter to win the giveaway!
- November Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway (With a “Make Me Read It” Twist) – Check out everyone’s November wrap-up posts and enter to win the giveaway!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- It’s Freda @ Freda’s Voice’s birthday and she’s giving away a book to celebrate!
- Head over to YA Bibliophile for a chance to win books from the Witchlands Series by Susan Dennard!
- S.J. Pajonas is giving away paperbacks of all three books in her sci-fi Nogiku Series!!
- YA authors Clara Kensie, Jessica Hawke, Derek Murphy, Melissa Craven, and Nicole Kelley are giving away a Twilight prize pack that includes the Illustrated Guide and swag!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Winter Is Coming Giveaway Hop!
- Enter to win this month’s NOVLbox from @TheNovl!
- Head over to Shooting Stars Mag for a chance to win a Box of Planner Supplies
- Head over to We Live and Breathe Books for a chance to win a copy of THE TRUTH BENEATH THE LIES by Amanda Searcy
- Lots of blogs participating in the New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to Stuck in Books for a chance to win the Owlcrate cover of Wild Beauty
- Read It Forward is giving you the chance to win The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
- It’s It Starts at Midnight’s four-year blogoversary!! Tell Shannon you love her and then enter her giveaway for (and I quote) “Whatever the Hell You Want (INT)“! (See why I love her so?)
- The Bookkeeper’s Secrets is doing a year-long giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
I saw that Christmas tree pull-apart bread on Lauren’s site and it looked so delicious! I’m thinking of whipping that up on Christmas Eve. I’ve been crazy busy the last few weeks and am super behind on visiting blog posts and I have at least two of yours saved in my inbox for me to read as soon as I get a chance. The one about not reading lately caught my eye because I haven’t picked up a book in almost 3 weeks. Can’t wait to read your thoughts on the subject.
Everybody really loved the bread and they all asked me to bring it again next year! I didn’t actually go out and find the magazine Lauren mentioned. I just did a search on the internet and found basically the same recipe. It was a hit!
Pull apart pizza bread sounds pretty good. I may have to go hunt down that recipe. 🙂 And Christmas is getting so close! Hard to believe. I’m almost ready!!!
Hope The Wolves of Mercy Falls were good. And happy holidays!!
I can’t BELIEVE how close it is to Christmas. I’m in denial because I’m not ready! 🙂
I saw that pull apart bread too. Another endorsement! I should get my daughter to make it for me.
Definitely. Tell her you guys will love it. Here’s the exact recipe I followed—Pull Apart Christmas Bread.
I want pizza bread. I’ll have to check that out. Have a great week!
It was SO good. You should definitely check it out! Here’s the exact recipe I followed—Pull Apart Christmas Bread (but check out Lauren’s post too!).
Thank you for sharing my paperback giveaway! And now I really want pizza. Lol.
You’re very welcome! And who doesn’t love pizza bread?
The bread recipe sounds like fun. That’s awesome that y’all get 2 Christmases. I remember traveling to relatives houses on Xmas even and then after Xmas morning at home and it was always awesome. I feel kinda bad for my kiddos who only have one Xmas at home.
I hope you have a great week!
We used to always do Christmas Eve at my husband’s family’s and Christmas Day at home, but Christmas Eve was always so hectic, it didn’t feel like we got to spend much time together. Now we do it earlier, and it’s better.
I’m so glad you were able to make the pull-apart bread and that it was a hit. It’s so yummy; I need to find another reason to make it again. LOL
Yes, thanks so much for sharing it!!
A coworker said they celebrated Christmas this past weekend because she has three houses to go to this year for Christmas. I remember those days! That sounds like a good treat to make and share! I hope you have a great week this week as the holidays approach.
Yeah, we used to always celebrate on Christmas Eve with my husband’s family, but it was really hectic and we didn’t end up having all that much time to spend together.
Yum! I want some of that pizza bread too!
I love your Sunday posts now. It gives me way too much to look at, and keeps me on the internet though. 🙂
I’m glad you enjoy these posts! I have fun putting them together, and I’m always on the hunt for things to include.