The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
If you’re visiting, then thanks for ignoring my SSL certificate issue. I contacted my hosting provider about it, so hopefully it will be taken care of soon. Because of that issue (and because I’m getting this up late once again) I’m going to post a truncated Sunday Post this week.
- Christmas decorating. We finally got our decorations up yesterday. Little last-minute, but at least it’s done!
- Church stuff. I’ve been really busy the last few weekends with church (which is why these posts keep going up late). Today on served on the worship team and then helped out at a Christmas event for kids.
- Writing. I got a lot done on my editing this week. I think I’m on track to finish everything by the end of the year.
- Cybils reading. We had to choose our finalists for the Poetry category of the Cybils this week, so I finished up my reading and then we had our discussions.
- What I Read:
- For the Cybils, I read The Magical Imperfect by Chris Baron and We Are the Ashes, We Are the Fire by Joy McCullough.
- I’m still listening to Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong.
- What I Watched:
- I watched a couple of different random baking competetition shows. I’m having trouble switching away from the mindless entertainment. (I did watch one more episode of Squid Games, but that was it.)
- Our whole family watched A Boy Called Christmas, which is based on Matt Haig’s book of the same title. I remembered that I really enjoyed the book, and the movie was quite fun as well.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- Bite-Sized Reviews of Cybils Nominees: I Wish I Had a Wookie; Reckless, Glorious, Girl; My Thoughts Are Clouds; and For Every Little Thing
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.
- 12/21 – She’s Probably at the Library…‘s Blogoversary
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the December 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the November Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway.
- Head over to It Starts at Midnight for a chance to win YOU’LL BE THE DEATH OF ME
- Head over to Book Briefs for a chance to win WIDER THAN THE SKY and more!
- Enter to win a Sci-Fi/Fantasy prize pack
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review’s Giveaway Page!
- Head over to KidLit411’s weekly giveaway page too!
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile.
- Head over to Literary Ramblings to enter to win a few different giveaways
- Head over to JeanBookNerd for a chance to win VIOLETS ARE BLUE and more!
- Head over to Bookhounds YA for a chance to win YOU’LL BE THE DEATH OF ME, THE FOWL TWINS: GET WHAT THEY DESERVE, and more! (Check the sidebar)
- Lots of blogs participating in the December 2021 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including A PERSONAL READING RETREAT!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!