Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Hey, guys! So, I took it easy this week on the blog and managed to get some personal stuff done – like Christmas shopping and present wrapping. Believe it or not, my kids WANT presents for Christmas. I decided I should probably actually get them a few. 🙂
Anyway, here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Top Ten Books I Read in 2015
- Giving Goodreads Recommendations – Let’s Discuss!
- The Undays of Aralias Lyons by K.L. Horvath – Horvath’s Top Ten Addictions & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a signed paperback!
Next week on FYFA:
- Snow Like Ashes and Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch (Um, yeah, those of you who are paying attention are laughing right now. But I swear, this post is written AND scheduled for tomorrow. It will go up!)
- Top Ten Tuesday post
- Birthday & Blogoversary Calendar Announcement!
- Probably not much else this week!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
One major thing I DID accomplish this week – the Blogger Birthday & Blogoversary Calendar is live!!! I’m so excited about this, and I’ll be putting up a post about it next week to make sure people see it, but you can all check it out right now! You’ll see that there are already tons of special days noted every month of the year – feel free to spread the word, so we can get even more in there!
Here are all the birthdays and blogoversaries coming up next week. I hope you’ll stop on by their blogs and send them some cheer in honor of their special days!! (And check out the calendar to see who we just missed earlier this month – I’m sure they’d love some belated well-wishes!)
- Dec 21st – Chasing Faerytales’ 1st Blogoversary!
- Dec 26th – Melissa @ Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf’s Birthday!
Oh my gosh, there were SO many good books that popped up on Edelweiss and NetGalley this week. I had to tie my hands behind my back to stop myself from requesting them all! (Okay, I didn’t actually do that – but I felt like I needed to.) Trust me, there are still tons more that I want, but I’m practicing some restraint. Or trying to. Oh, and I also got a book in the mail from Penguin/Random House, but my mom wrapped it for me and put it under the tree – I’ll tell you all what it was next week when I find out!
Purchased (from Book Outlet):
Along with a bunch of books for my kids.
From My Secret Sister:
My Secret Sister isn’t a secret anymore!! So now I get to thank Emily over at Red House Books! I have ADORED all of my gifts, Emily. I just want everyone to make special note of how my sis pays attention to the little details – even the little notepads and such have meaning. Look at all the cute foxes and birds to match my blog! She also made me the cute ornament using a chapter sampler from a Maze Runner book. I love it! (AND she included gifts for my kids, which was so super sweet!)
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Cait @ Paper Fury was nominated for the Epic Reads 2015 Book Shimmy Awards. You should definitely go vote for her! (And if you don’t already follow Cait, I don’t know what you’ve been waiting for.)
- Jillian over at Chasing Faerytales asks Can Readers Interpret Literature Differently?
- Joan at Fiddler blue talks about The Great YA Debate.
- Silvara at Fantasy of the Silver Dragon talks about censoring comments in her post What Do You Think Of Bloggers Who Moderate Comments?
- AJ at Read All the Things talks about finding and reviewing underrated books in her post Stop the Hype Train—I Want to Get Off!
- Wendy at Falconer’s Library asks about the differences between genres in her post YA, MG, NA, OMG!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat – Still time to enter to win a $20 Amazon gift card!
- Did I Mention I Love You? by Estelle Maskame – Still time to enter to win a copy of the book and an advance copy of the second book in the series!
- This is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp (Review & Giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a Polaroid camera (and to get a lanyard if you pre-order!)
- December Discussion Challenge Link-up and Giveaway – Link up your December discussion posts and enter to win a surprise book (you tell us a few books you’d like and we’ll surprise you with one of them)!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Star-Crossed Book Blog is giving away a finished copy of Come Back to Me by Mila Gray (US Only)
- For that same tour, Michelle over at Book Briefs is giving 3 (INT) winners an exclusive copy of the UK edition of the second Mila Gray book, THIS IS ONE MOMENT
- Don’t miss the December New Release Giveaway Hop!
- A Soul Unsung is participating in the tour for Cameron Jace’s Insanity Series, and they’re giving away A Paperback copy of the Insanity Series boxed set
- Heidi over at YA Bibliophile is giving away one of her Top Ten Reads of 2015.
- And Danielle over at Love at First Page is doing that too!
- Lost in Lit is celebrating its five year blogoversary with a giveaway – a 2016 pre-order!
- Over at Once Upon a Twilight, Random House Kids is giving away an Autographed Set of All Three Books in James Dashner’s The Mortality Doctrine series
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a SIGNED ARC of Of Light and Darkness
- Cait is celebrating one year of being Paper Fury with a giveaway!
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a Kindle Paperwhite and a $50 gift card!
- Win a Kindle Fire & a Mystery Box From Crimson Tree Publishing & Clean Teen Publishing
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight has a Black Friday giveaway where you can win a book or bookish item of your choice!
- Cynthia is celebrating Bingeing on Books’ first blogoversary by giving away any book she’s reviewed!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!