The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
- Doctors, doctors, and more doctors. Lately it feels like the only thing outside of work I’ve been doing is calling therapists and doctors (oh, and schools, landlords, etc). Basically, the mental health system is a mess. Each place we talk to has my daughter do an hours-long assessment, and then they say they aren’t the right place for her and they refer us to other people. We then repeat the process. It’s very disheartening, and if I weren’t helping with it, there’s no way my daughter could handle it herself. For a person dealing with mental health issues, this system is impossible to navigate. I know there are many people out there already dealing with this reality, so it’s no surprise to many of you, but I guess I thought the different places would talk to each other and actually know that their referrals are useful instead of just randomly referring. Surely, at the very least, intake information could be shared? It’s utterly ridiculous.
- Progress on that secret thing I can’t yet talk about. Maybe I’ll be able to make an announcement soon?
What I Read This Week:
Look at me! I actually read some stuff!
- I read The Area 51 Files by Julie Buxbaum, illustrated by Lavanya Naidu.
- I started listening to Little Thieves by Margaret Owen.
What I Watched:
- Jade and I went to go see Strange World at the theater. We really enjoyed it! I honestly don’t know why this movie isn’t getting rated that highly (besides the obvious possibility of homophobia). I encourage everyone to go out and see this one–it would be a real shame if this movie is a flop and Disney has less incentive to make more LGBT-friendly films.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- None this week!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.
- 12/11 – LINDSAY @ NIGHTTIME READING CENTER’S BIRTHDAY
- 12/13 – FLORA @ FLORA’S MUSINGS’ BIRTHDAY
- 12/14 – DANIELLE HAMMELEF @ ALWAYS A BOOK TO READ’S BIRTHDAY
- 12/14 – ROBERTA @ OFFBEAT YA’S BIRTHDAY
- 12/15 – ALEXANDRA @ MILKY WAY OF BOOKS’ BIRTHDAY
- 12/15 – DIANTHAA @ DIANTHAA DABBLES’ BIRTHDAY
- 12/16 – JESSICA @ A GREAT READ’S BIRTHDAY
None this week!
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s a list of the pre-order campaigns I added to the list this week:
Pre-order TATTOO OF CRIMSON by Sarah Chislon to receive a digital bonus scene, an art print, a bookmark, and a sticker! (Ends 1/18) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order THE ROOF OVER OUR HEADS by Nicole Kronzer a digital copy of the entire play the characters perform: “A Midsummer Night’s Garden Party Escape Room Murder.” Pre-orders from Red Balloon Bookshop will also receive a vinyl sticker of the ticket for the play! (Ends 1/2) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order THE ADVENTURE ZONE: THE ELEVENTH HOUR to receive a lenticular sticker! (US/CAN) (Ends 2/20) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order OUT OF CHARACTER by Jenna Miller OR request it from your local library to receive an art print, a Totdish recipe card, a signed bookplate, 2 stickers, and a bookmark! Pre-orders from Red Balloon Bookshop will receive a signed copy and all 4 stickers. (INT) (Ends 2/6) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!