Best of the Bunch is a book blog hop hosted over at Always Lost in Stories on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read over this past month and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favorite book of that month.
This month I reviewed the following books:
- You Are Mine by Janeal Falor | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover | Review | Rating 4/5
- Runes by Ednah Walters | Review | Rating 4/5
- Immortals by Ednah Walters | Review | Rating 4.5/5
- Loving Your Lies by Piper Shelly | Review | Rating 4/5
- Identity X by Michelle Muckley | Review | Rating 4/5
- Escape From Eden by Elisa Nader | Review | Rating 4.5/5
- Allison Hewitt is Trapped by Madeleine Roux | Review | Rating: 5/5
I really loved/hated (loved to hate?) the misogynistic world that Falor created for You Are Mine and I am definitely looking forward to reading her next book. I just posted a cover reveal and giveaway for Mine to Tarnish (even though I very rarely post cover reveals) because I loved the first book so much!
Then her ownership is won by a barbarian from another country. With the uncertainty that comes from belonging to a new warlock, Serena questions if being tarnished is really worse than being owned by a barbarian, and tempts fate by breaking the rules. When he looks the other way instead of punishing her, she discovers a new world. The more she ventures into the forbidden, the more she learns of love and a freedom just out of reach. Serena longs for both. But in a society where women are only ever property, hoping for more could be deadly.