My Goings-On in May & June:
Here are the things that stand out to me over the past two months:
- May was all about graduation and end-of-school events.
- Danielle graduated high school. She’s off to Purdue in the fall! We had her graduation party last week.
- There was also a whole thing about banning someone from the link-ups that took up way too much of my brain power in May. I won’t go into it again here, but if you missed it, I posted about it.
- June was all about vacation, followed by COVID.
- At the beginning of June, we went to Disney for the Special Olympics USA Games, where my son’s team got the silver medal for his division. The games were great, and Disney was lots of fun, but then…
- COVID struck. Everyone but my husband, who didn’t go to Disney, got it—and even he had a cold (which he got before we came home, so he didn’t get it from us). I’m actually still not completely over COVID’s effects. I still have a bit of a sore throat and I’m congested. I’m ready to be done with it now!!
- So I wasn’t around the blog much in June (and didn’t even manage to get a May wrap-up posted, thus the two-for-one here). Hopefully things will go back to normal soon, but I feel like I’ve been saying that for a while.
- Both Jade and Danielle started new jobs. Danielle is working for the Lake County Forest Preserve for a group called Youth Conservation Corp, where they work in the preserves and also have educational days. Jade’s working as a programmer for a company that creates coding curriculum for kids and teens.
- Noah is doing summer school.
Features & Discussions:
MAY 2022 DISCUSSION CHALLENGE LINK-UP & GIVEAWAY
APRIL 2022 WRAP-UP & BEST OF THE BUNCH
DOES YOUR RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH EXTEND TO MY BLOG? LET’S DISCUSS.
MAY 2022 MONTHLY WRAP-UP ROUND-UP LINK-UP AND GIVEAWAY
JUNE 2022 DISCUSSION CHALLENGE LINK-UP & GIVEAWAY
JUNE 2022 MONTHLY WRAP-UP ROUND-UP LINK-UP AND GIVEAWAY
THE ULTIMATE BOOK OF THE FUTURE: EXCERPT & GIVEAWAY! – You can still enter to win this fun book from National Geographic Kids!
My 2022 Reading Progress:
I read 14 books in May & June, bringing my total for the year to 66. This puts me 17 books ahead of schedule so far for the year.
I’ve also read 18 picture books and 4 manuscripts for fellow authors! (I don’t include either in my main Goodreads count.)
May & June 2022 Reviews
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood | Review
- Ellen Outside the Lines by A.J. Sass | Review
- Missing Mike by Shari Green | Review
- The Deepest Breath by Meg Grehan | Review
- The Hair Book by LaTonya Yvette, illustrated by Amanda Jane Jones | Review
- The Natural Genius of Ants by Betty Culley | Review
- The War on All Fronts by Kim Oclon | Review
- The Last Fallen Moon by Graci Kim | Review (A few days left to enter a giveaway for this book!)
- The Name She Gave Me by Betty Culley | Review (Still time to enter to win this book, too!)
- Love Is Love by Michael Genhart, illustrated by Ken Min | Review
- The Girl from the Sea by Molly Knox Ostertag | Review
- Mighty Red Riding Hood by Wallace West | Review
- The Pants Project by Cat Clarke | Review
May & June Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
My favorite May reads were The Handmaid’s Tale (this book is iconic for a reason!) and Missing Mike, which is a wonderful middle grade verse novel that I won’t soon forget!
For June, My faves were The Name She Gave Me, a YA in verse, and a perfect Pride Month picture book, Mighty Red Riding Hood.
2022 Goals Progress:
The Discussion Challenge is my one and only goal for 2022. (And I lowered it this year.)
Progress: 4/11-20 Discussions (Creative Conversationalist)
DOES YOUR RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH EXTEND TO MY BLOG?
MY NEW 2022 WRITING METHOD
2022 YA & MG VERSE NOVELS: A COMPLETE LIST & TEN I’VE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO
DO YOU “SEE” A BOOK AS YOU READ? LET’S DISCUSS!
Don’t forget to link your June wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up. And enter the giveaway!