Top Three Covers I Wish I Could Redesign
I actually had a really hard time with this one. While there are plenty of bad covers out there, most of them are for books that I don’t have any special love for so I wouldn’t care enough to redesign them. So, instead I’m just showing two covers I wish I could redesign and then showing some that have already been redesigned (and they’re much better!)
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – I just never really got this cover. It’s a little too basic for me – and why clouds instead of stars?
- Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer – What’s the significance of the red ribbon? Am I forgetting something huge from the book? I don’t know, but this just looks dumb to me.
- Girls Love Travis Walker by Anne Pfeffer – This book was SO good – on of my favorite NA books ever – and the cover just doesn’t do it justice. I would never pick this book up based on this boring cover. (Luckily, I read a raving review that convinced me it was worth reading, so I didn’t miss out!)
Top Three Covers I’m Glad They Redesigned
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky – Do I really even need to explain why I didn’t like the original? Um, look at it. Thank goodness they released an updated movie cover!
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – I was never a fan of the original cover – it just looks a little cheesy to me and I wouldn’t have picked the book up based on the cover (and yes, I DO judge a book by its cover). Of course, after about a million people recommended it, I decided to give it a try. I actually don’t know if I LOVE the redesign either, but I do think it’s an improvement.
- The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa – This is kind of an odd one because I actually kind of love the look of the original cover, but it doesn’t go terribly well with the cover for book #1 in the series and I don’t quite know what the tree thingies are supposed to be representing. The paperback cover matches better and makes a bit more sense, but it’s not nearly as striking as the hardcover. So, am I glad they redesigned it? I don’t know!
So, that’s all I could come up with today. I look forward to seeing everyone else’s picks!