Top Ten Covers of 2021
I chose my favorite covers from 2021 releases I’ve read. Not only were these fabulous stories, but just look at the gorgeousness!!
As you can see from these faves, I tend to gravitate toward illustrated covers, and I love vivid colors!
I just realized that the way I placed these in the graphic, Alma from Alma Presses Play and Izumi from Tokyo Ever After are facing each other with very similar expressions on their faces. (And I love the paper cut-out effect on Tokyo). Oh, hey, Wren from Violets Are Blue kind of has it too—only she’s facing forward—and Me (Moth) might match it if Moth were looking up. Apparently, I like that serene closed-eye look. Who knew?
(Because they deserve all the credit!)
- Roxy: Neil Swaab
- Alone: Pascal Campion
- Violets Are Blue: Erika Pajarillo
- The Stars of Whistling Ridge: Julie McLaughlin
- Frankie & Bug: Angeles Ruiz
- Daughter of the Deep: Khadijah Khatib (I cheated a little and chose the UK cover for this one because I love it just a little bit more than the US version.)
- Amber & Clay: Julia Iredale
- Me (Moth): Rich Deas
- Tokyo Ever After: John Ed De Vera
- Alma Presses Play: Yuta Onoda
What were your favorite covers of 2021? I want to know!