My Goings On in February:
- I finished editing the final two books in the YA fantasy Soul Keepers Trilogy by L.A. Starkey and edited The Core, an NA paranormal that she published under the pen name Kate Thompson. I also finished editing her MG novel Howl at the Moon.
- I turned 41 and my blog turned two! I hosted a blogoversary and birthday giveaway to celebrate! (It’s still going on, so don’t miss out!)
- I committed to teaching three classes for next year’s homeschool co-op (it feels so far away – I have a hard time planning so far ahead!). Next year, I’ll be teaching musical theatre and acting again, and I’ll also be teaching a 5th/6th grade writing class.
- My daughter competed in a few more gymnastics meets and did really well. Her state competition is this month and then we’re done with competing until late fall! (She still has nine hours of practice per week, though, which will turn into twelve hours once she moves up to level 4 – the year-round training schedule is brutal!)
Most Popular Posts:
Other Features & Discussions:
My Favorite February Discussions on Other Blogs:
Once again, this was hard to choose since there were almost 100 discussion posts linked up to our 2015 Discussion Challenge (not to mention all those awesome discussions happening elsewhere around the blogosphere). SO many great discussions out there!
Rachel asks Do You Review Your Reviews?
Tonyalee discusses her Thoughts on Advertising
Mishma at Chasing Faerytales asks What type of a reader are you?
Renae over at Respiring Thoughts writes an AntiValentine
Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight gives us the results of the second part of her poll in Results Part Two: ARCs and Competition
Best of the Bunch is a book blog hop hosted over at Always Lost in Stories on the last day of each month, where we can look back over the books we have read over this past month and give a Best of the Bunch award to our favorite book of that month.
February 2015 Reviews
Lots of good books this month!!
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Racing Hearts by Laura Lascarso | Review | Rating: 4/5
- The 100 by Kass Morgan | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Removed by S.J. Pajonas | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers | Review | Rating: 5/5
- Just Pru by Anne Pfeffer | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
And February’s Best of the Bunch winner is:
Not only was Dark Triumph my favorite book in the His Fair Assassin Trilogy, it was definitely my favorite read of the month (though Red Queen wasn’t too far behind). I’m so glad I discovered this series!
When Sybella arrived at the doorstep of St Mortain half mad with grief and despair the convent were only too happy to offer her refuge – but at a price. The sisters of this convent serve Death, and with Sybella naturally skilled in both the arts of death and seduction, she could become one of their most dangerous weapons.
But her assassin’s skills are little comfort when the convent returns her to the life that nearly drove her mad. Her father’s rage and brutality are terrifying, and her brother’s love is equally monstrous. But when Sybella discovers an unexpected ally she discovers that a daughter of Death may find something other than vengeance to live for…