We came up with this challenge last year because we wanted to encourage our fellow book bloggers to not only read more (since there are already lots of challenges for that), but talk more too! Well, it was SO successful last year that we decided to bring it back!
So often book bloggers mean to post more discussions on our blogs, but we just don’t quite get around to it. Well, we wanted to give everyone a little motivation to keep the discussions going, plus give us a place to link up our discussions so that more people will see our precious words of wisdom (or … you know … our GIF-filled rants).
I hope you’ll join us for this challenge and pledge yourself to posting more discussions in this upcoming year. I promise we’ll have lots of fun talking together!
Here’s All You Have to Do:
- The 2016 Book Blog Discussion Challenge runs from January 1st until December 31st, 2016.
- Sign-ups will remain open until December 31st, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Central. (So, you can sign up all year long! Come join us!)
- You DO NOT have to have a book blog to join this challenge. If you don’t have a book blog, you may link up to discussions that you’ve started on Goodreads groups.
- Create a sign-up post announcing your intention to participate and link up below. If you don’t have a blog, you can link up to your Goodreads profile. There is no need to say what your discussion posts will be about – just tell us that you’re joining and let us know what your goal is. (Please note, you may do this in an update post, or a post of other challenges- you’re not required to make a completely separate post- but you can if you’d like!)
- Please link back to both challenge hosts and include the challenge button in your sign-up posts.
- Every month, we’ll update this 2016 Book Blog Challenge Page with the links to that month’s Challenge linky – so you’ll always know where to find the latest link-up!
- Share it! The more people we get to participate in this, the more awesome discussions we can all be a part of and the more fun it will be! So, invite your friends to join us!
- This challenge is to help get us discussing books and book blogging, so talk about whatever you want as long as it’s relevant to book blogging. Discussions can be book related or book blogging related (or generally blogging related – no discussions about things that are completely off-topic like travel or fashion, etc). Discussions can also be about you personally if it’s a get-to-know-you type post.
- There will be a kick-off post on January 1, 2016 on both Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts at Midnight where you’ll be able to leave your links for any January discussions. At the beginning of every month, a new post will go up on both blogs for that month’s links. New this year – Every month, we’ll feature one randomly chosen discussion from the month before.
- If you forgot to leave your discussion link in the challenge month in which you posted the discussion or the linky list closed before you had a chance to leave it, you can leave it in a future month. (No duplicates, though.)
- There will also be monthly giveaways, so make sure you check in each month!
- Use the hashtag #LetsDiscuss2016 to share your progress and connect with other participants on Twitter.
- Have questions? Feel free to ask in the comments!
1-12 – Discussion Dabbler
13-24 – Creative Conversationalist
25-36 – Chatty Kathy
37-48 – Terrifically Talkative
49+ – Gift of the Gab
I’m shooting for Gift of the Gab, which works out to just less than one discussion per week!
Monthly Link-up Posts & Giveaways:
January Link-Up Post
February Link-Up Post
March Link-Up Post
April Link-Up Post
May Link-Up Post
June Link-Up Post
July Link-Up Post
August Link-Up Post
September Link-Up Post
October Link-Up Post
November Link-Up Post
December Link-Up Post