Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Another busy week, but I feel like I’m starting to find my groove (maybe?). This week I finished a first edit on one project and started a proofread for another one. Things have been going well with my homeschooling classes too, but I still haven’t found much extra time for blogging or roaming the blogosphere. I should have more time starting next week, though!
Some of you will be thrilled to know that I actually did read Undivided this past week and LOVED it! I was going to write a review this week, but I honestly don’t have a lot to say that I haven’t already said a million times about this series, so I think I’ll wait and put it in my next batch of mini-reviews.
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR
- Transformed by EV Fairfall (review)
- From the Editor: Words and Their Stories – This is a new discussion feature I’m doing where I discuss things that come up during my editing. This one is about the interesting origins of a lot of words and phrases!
- September Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up – Link up your September wrap-up posts here!!
Next week on FYFA:
- September Wrap-Up & Giveaway
- Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by Ann Jacobus
- Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson – I put this one on my calendar so that I’d actually read it! It worked for Undivided, so …
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish 🙂
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Since I’ve been behind lately, these discussions are all a bit older (not from this past week), but they were great and I wanted to point them out!
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight shares a great post on Learning to Say NO!
- Wendy over at The Falconer’s Library talks about Open Endings.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- September Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway -Link up those September discussion posts and enter the giveaway!
- The Body Institute by Carol Riggs – Still time to enter to win a $25 gift card!
- The Foxglove Killings by Tara Kelly – Still time to enter to win lots of prizes!
- Stepping Stones by Kacey Vanderkarr – Still time to enter to win a $20 gift card and swag pack!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Banned Book Week Hop.
- Book Swoon is participating in author Sandra Waugh’s blog tour – enter to win a necklace, bookmarks and signed hardcovers of LARK RISING & SILVER EVE.
- Lots of blogs participating in the September New Release Giveaway Hop!
- If you pre-order Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, you can get a fun Pre-Order Party Kit, including an exclusive colorable dust jacket!
- Did you know that Entangled gives away a $5 GC in their newsletter? Sign-up and you can enter to win every week!
- Book Briefs is hosting the tour for Persuasion by Martina Boone and there’s a fun scavenger hunt style giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!