Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Another busy week, but I feel like I’m starting to find my groove (maybe?). This week I finished a first edit on one project and started a proofread for another one. Things have been going well with my homeschooling classes too, but I still haven’t found much extra time for blogging or roaming the blogosphere. I should have more time starting next week, though!
Some of you will be thrilled to know that I actually did read Undivided this past week and LOVED it! I was going to write a review this week, but I honestly don’t have a lot to say that I haven’t already said a million times about this series, so I think I’ll wait and put it in my next batch of mini-reviews.
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR
- Transformed by EV Fairfall (review)
- From the Editor: Words and Their Stories – This is a new discussion feature I’m doing where I discuss things that come up during my editing. This one is about the interesting origins of a lot of words and phrases!
- September Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up – Link up your September wrap-up posts here!!
Next week on FYFA:
- September Wrap-Up & Giveaway
- Romancing the Dark in the City of Light by Ann Jacobus
- Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson – I put this one on my calendar so that I’d actually read it! It worked for Undivided, so …
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish 🙂
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Since I’ve been behind lately, these discussions are all a bit older (not from this past week), but they were great and I wanted to point them out!
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight shares a great post on Learning to Say NO!
- Wendy over at The Falconer’s Library talks about Open Endings.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- September Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway -Link up those September discussion posts and enter the giveaway!
- The Body Institute by Carol Riggs – Still time to enter to win a $25 gift card!
- The Foxglove Killings by Tara Kelly – Still time to enter to win lots of prizes!
- Stepping Stones by Kacey Vanderkarr – Still time to enter to win a $20 gift card and swag pack!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Banned Book Week Hop.
- Book Swoon is participating in author Sandra Waugh’s blog tour – enter to win a necklace, bookmarks and signed hardcovers of LARK RISING & SILVER EVE.
- Lots of blogs participating in the September New Release Giveaway Hop!
- If you pre-order Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, you can get a fun Pre-Order Party Kit, including an exclusive colorable dust jacket!
- Did you know that Entangled gives away a $5 GC in their newsletter? Sign-up and you can enter to win every week!
- Book Briefs is hosting the tour for Persuasion by Martina Boone and there’s a fun scavenger hunt style giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
I’m glad things are going well! I’ve been pretty crazy busy myself but i am glad that it’s almost October (my favorite month), though its weird that September is over already.
I’m hoping October will be less busy. It seems like I have a breather here – for a moment anyway!
Cannot wait to read The Revolution of Ivy myself!
I haven’t read the first book yet, but I’ve read amazing things about it, so now I can’t wait to read them both!!
Glad things are going well with home schooling! I feel a little out of sorts myself and am getting used to the new fall schedule I have going. Hope you enjoy your new books! Have a great week!
I think this time of year is hard for all of us. We’ll get there!
Glad to hear you are getting into a groove with school and editing.
Have a good week!
Terri M., the Director
Second Run Reviews
Starting this week, I should be a little less busy because I have a lull in my editing. We shall see!!
Undivided? I will have to check it out.
Looks like you have been busy with the edits, good on you!
Naomi @ Naomi’s Reading Palace
Yes, the editing has been keeping me busy – how about you? Has it worked out for you?
Not so far, I’ll have to put myself out there more!
So glad you are getting into a groove of things! I will be looking forward to your review of Romancing the dark in the city of lights. I just read that one too and my review will be going up later this week. It was interesting for sure. It wasn’t what I expected, but I enjoyed it . . . I think. I am still confused on that one. Ha
Looks like our thoughts on Romancing are pretty similar (but then, we usually do seem to agree about books!)
You’re quite the busy bee! It’s good to know that you are getting a grind on things, I think we have finally established a working schedule on our end 🙂
Glad you’re getting things under control too – I know how hard that can be at the beginning of the school year!
I feel the same way with school! I now have two preps, one of which has no established curriculum, and there is just no getting ahead. It’s like I’m a first year teacher all over again (except worse with 166 students)…which means less reading and getting around to check out other blogs. We are in the same boat!
Yes – I wish I was a more organized person so I didn’t always feel behind with planning and coordinating everything. Hope your school year gets easier soon!!