Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Not much posted this week because I was hard at work writing a play for my musical theatre homeschool co-op class. I don’t know why I got the idea into my head to write one myself – how do I get myself into these things!? (Well, actually I do know how I got the idea into my head – I wanted to just use regular contemporary Christian songs instead of the kids’ choir songs in the plays we’ve been using.) Of course, I procrastinated good and hard before jumping into writing the play. I still need to go back and do some editing, but it’s done! (Now, hopefully I won’t wimp out and decide it’s not good enough to use!)
Anyway, here’s what you may have missed last week:
- November Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway
- The Book of Ivy and The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel (Review & Engel’s Top Ten Addictions)
- Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn (Review & Dunn’s Top Ten Addictions)
- Kiss Kill Love Him Still Scavenger Hunt Giveaway – Still time to guess who the murderer is and enter to win a paperback copy of the book and an Amazon gift card!
ALSO head over to Based on a True Story. Heather is hosting this month’s giveaway for the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up – a chance to win a $15 Amazon gift card. You can find the answers to her Rafflecopter questions by reading the posts linked up to the October Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up!!
Next week on FYFA:
- Firewalker by Josephine Angelini (Review)
- Kiss Kill Love Him Still by Jamie Blair & Dawn Rae Miller (review)
- Let’s Discuss – I promise I will actually discuss something next week!! I don’t know what’s been going on with me lately!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Terri over at Second Run Reviews talks about her experiences volunteering for the Icon 40 Convention. (I’m in awe of everything she did!)
- Tessa over at Crazy for YA talks about the pros and cons of being a slow reader.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Return Once More by Trisha Leigh (Review & Giveaway) – Still time to win a $30 gift card and a swag pack!
- Gabriel by Nikki Kelly (Review & Giveaway) – Last chance to enter to win a finished copy of the book!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- This isn’t exactly a giveaway, but this month you can get Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout for free on Kindle!
- Lost in Literature is giving away a box of books AND a book of your choice.
- You can win an ARC of Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson over at Owl Always Be Reading!
- YABibliophile is participating in the blog tour for Liz Weimer and they’re giving away a $25 Amazon Gift Card & 3 Annotated Copies of HELLO?
- Evelyn Skye has revealed the fifth character from The Crown’s Game. Check it out and you can enter to win Yuliana’s pendant! I am SO excited about this book, people!
- Kimberly over at Caffeinated Book Reviewer is giving away a book of your choice with her Halloween Booktacular Giveaway!
- Watch the trailer for Forget Tomorrow by Pintip Dunn and enter to win a $10 gift card!
- Val at The Innocent Smiley has a fun game where she talks about the plots from books from her childhood. You can win a book of your choice!
- Harper is giving away almost ALL of its Winter 2016 books in the Harper Winter 2016 Tour!
- Pre-order a signed copy of Soundless by Richelle Mead (at select Indie bookstores) and you can get an exclusive cover!
- Celebrate the finale of the Starbound Trilogy by contributing to the #starboundlove project! You could win an ultra-rare hand-annotated hardcover of These Broken Stars, the book that started it all, plus a ton of other goodies. This looks like such a fun contest!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!