Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Another relatively uneventful week here in the Hewitt household. I did take the kids to the local Japanese gardens (which is rated as the best in North America). My older son is taking Japanese and he’s fascinated with everything having to do with Japan. His goal in life is to someday work for Nintendo in Japan. 🙂 So, this trip was lots of fun because we had a tour where they taught us not just about the plants but about the Japanese culture that goes along with them (the way they structure the gardens, how they build their buildings, etc). So, the garden tour was both gorgeous and educational!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this past week:
- Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh – Review and Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a pre-order of the book!
- June Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway! – Link up your June discussions and enter to win!
- May Recap & Best of the Bunch – Find out what went on in May!
- The Loose Ends List by Carrie Firestone – ARC Review
- Out of Play by Nyrae Dawn and Jolene Perry – Review, Interview & Authors’ Top Ten Addictions
- The Perils of Growing a Bigger Blog – Let’s Discuss!
Next week on FYFA:
- The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout – Review
- Wanderlost by Jen Malone – Review
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Believe it or not there are NO blogger birthdays or blogoversaries this week! (Well, none that have been submitted to me.) But check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up.
I participated in the Apocalyptic Summer FB Party and there were a few books featured that are free. I checked them out and downloaded the ones that looked really good to me! Check them out on Amazon to see if they’re still free!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are some of my favorite discussions I’ve read this week:
- Tiffany @ The Bookish Thought talks about five reactions that fangirls have after reading a book!
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight talks about how indecisive she is and asks you to help her choose her books in a grand game she’s calling The Indecision Games.
- Cait @ Paper Fury tells us How to Translate What the Bookworm Creature is Saying
- Karen @ Kissin’ Blue Karen shares some Amazon Secrets and invites you to learn more!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- #BEA16 Day One Wrap-Up & Giveaway!! – Still time to enter to win a signed copy of one of my favorite NA books – When Joss Met Matt!
- #BEA16 Day Two Wrap-Up & Jennifer Niven Holding Up the Universe Giveaway!! – Still time to enter to win a signed ARC of Holding Up the Universe!
- #BEA16 Day Three Wrap-Up & Giveaway!! – Still time to enter to win a copy of The Loose Ends List or a Strange the Dreamer swag pack that includes a sampler of the book!
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys – Last chance to enter to win my signed ARC copy of the book!
- May Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Last chance to link up your May discussion posts and enter to win a book of your choice!
- Pre-order THIS SAVAGE SONG by V.E. Schwab from either Parnassus Books or Books of Wonder and you’ll get a signed/personalized hardcover and a set of limited edition HUMAN/MONSTER tattoos! (This book is amazing, and you should all order it.)
- Pre-order AUTOFOCUS by Lauren Gibaldi and get a camera keychain, a personalized note and more!
- Pre-order DEFENDING TAYLOR by Miranda Kenneally and enter to WIN Defending Taylor water bottles or a GRAND PRIZE gym bag prize pack.
- Pre-order HOW IT ENDS by Catherine Lo and be entered for a chance to win matching Alex & Ani friendship bracelets!
- Pre-order IVORY & BONE by Julie Eshbaugh and get a swag pack – you’ll also be entered to win other prizes!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Karen @ Kissin’ Blue Karen wrote a BEA wrap-up and is giving away a pre-order of a book she picked up there and Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight does the same!
- Tonyalee over at Lilybloombooks has created a Middle Grade Madness link-up. Link-up your reviews of middle grade books (or comment on linked reviews) and enter to win one! You can link up May reviews for a few more days or you can link up June reviews on this post.
- Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books is running the Meet the Newbies event where you can win 1 Pre-Order or Finished Copy of Any Debut Novel Featured on Meet the Newbies (INT) – Several of the tour stops also have individual giveaways as well!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!