The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
- This is going to be an abbreviated Sunday Post because we all headed out to Tucson on Friday to visit my mother-in-law, who’s in memory care there. Unfortunately, her condition has been declining, so I’m glad we’re able to get Noah and Danielle out there to see her before the school year starts (Jade’s not able to join us).
- I’ve been keeping up with my marathon training! This week I ran 10 miles. If you had told me that I would EVER run 10 miles, I would have said you were insane. It’s worth it for the cause, though. If you’d like to donate to help bring clean water to a village in India that doesn’t currently have access to it, I’d love the support!
What I Read This Week:
- I read volume 4 of Heartstopper by Alice Oseman and When Winter Robeson Came by Brenda Woods, an interesting verse novel set in California in the 1960’s.
- I finished listening to This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab and then jumped into Our Dark Duet.
What I Watched:
- We finished watching Business Proposal, our first Korean Netflix series (but it won’t be our last!). We then tried watching an episode of Love Alarm, another Netflix K-drama, but we had trouble getting into this one. It was a little slow, with lots of silence, and we weren’t exactly sure what was going on. I think we’re going to pass on this one. We watched an episode of Twenty Five Twenty One, and are intrigued enough to watch more.
- We watched the first few episodes of Keep Breathing on Netflix, a heart-pounding survivalist story of a woman stranded alone in the middle of nowhere. This limited series definitely has us wondering how it will all end up!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.
- 7/31 – Windows to Worlds‘ Blogoversary
- August – ShootingStarsMag‘s Blogoversary
- 8/4 – Czai @ The Blacksheep Reader‘s Birthday
- 8/5 – Stephanie @ She’s Probably at the Library…‘s Birthday
- 8/6 – Freda’s Voice‘s Blogoversary
I’ll update this section next week!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Greg @ Book Haven discusses Cloning: Yea or Nay
- Lots of people shared their Mid-Year Book Freakout Tags (click the link to see a bunch linked up to the Discussion Challenge!)
- Jessica @ aGREATread talks about her chaotic Blogging Style
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s a list of the pre-order campaigns I added to the list this week:
Pre-order SEOULMATES by Susan Lee quest it from your local library to receive a signed bookplate, a bookmark, 2 circle stickers, and 4 K-drama inspired polaroid stickers! Pre-orders from Bel Canto Books will also receive a signed copy, an enamel pin, and a pop socket/phone grip! (INT) (Ends 9/19) CLICK FOR DETAILS
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- Twitter Giveaways:
@eabwrites is giving away a signed copy away of DAUNTLESS
@JoGarrick3 is giving away The Night Ship by Jess Kidd and a sweet treat (UK only, ends 7/31)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the July Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the July Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway.
- Head over to Literary Ramblings for a chance to win the Sip Sip Hoorah Giveaway Hop, an Alex Slater Query Critique, and Ravenous Things.
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win A GRANDMA’S MAGIC, KELCIE MURPHY AND THE ACADEMY OF UNBREAKABLE ARTS, and Lenox Takes Flight.
- Head over to Kait Plus Books for a chance to win COMING UP CUBAN, FLIPPING FORWARD TWISTING BACKWARD, and MORE!
- Head over to YA & Kids’ Books Central for a chance to win A DISASTER IN THREE ACTS, NOTHING IS LITTLE, THE LANGUAGE OF SEABIRDS, and lots more!!
- Head over to Bookhounds YA for a chance to win KENZIE’S KINGDOM, FRACTURED PATH, and more! (Check the sidebar)
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review for a chance to win City of Dragons: The Awakening Storm, a Jimmy Chartron Book Prize Pack, and MORE!
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile.
- Lots of blogs participating in the Summer 2022 Seasons of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including $100 TO BOOKSHOP.ORG!!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
Safe travels. I hope all goes well with your visit. You’re a rock star putting in those miles in this heat.
I have to run early in the morning to avoid the heat. A ten degree difference can feel brutal!
I can’t imagine the running or the traveling in this heat. I’ve been to Tucson once in March for spring break and it was 96. I hope everything goes well for you!
Anne – Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
I have to run early in the mornings, otherwise it would be way too hot. I am neither a runner nor a morning person, but I’m somehow making it happen.
I’ve only watched on Korean Netflix show, called All Of Us Are Dead. And it was really good. Haven’t tried any others. Well, I mean I guess Squid Games too. Hope you have a nice trip to Tucson! Oh yeah, I thought I’d filled out your form, but my blogoversary will be coming up this month too!
I’ve got you on the calendar! I announce the birthdays and blogoversaries one week at a time, so you’ll be in my next Sunday Post. 🙂
Sorry to hear about your mother in law. I hope the visit goes well! Your current shows are all new to me ones. The only thing I watched this weekend was the first part of the new Are You Afraid of the Dark…and it basically creeped me out as much as the 90s episodes did…so kudos to the creators on that! Lol.
Here’s my StS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
I don’t know that show. I’ll have to check it out!
The original show stemmed from teens who’d tell ghost stories around a campfire and we basically “saw” the story as it was told! They were pretty creepy episodes back in the day!
These newer reboots have been creepy as well but it is involving more about a ghost story that was told coming to life! So a bit different. But I just remember last year’s limited series having a lot of nods to the original series and I looooved it! There was even a cameo from a repeat character from a handful of episodes. This newer one has some nods to the original episodes but they very been small & you have to have an amazing memory to catch them all. I saw an Instagram post that was pointing them out and I only recalled half the episodes! Lol.
I think you can stream them on Paranount+ which makes me want to get that streaming service! Lol.
Safe travels to Tucson. I am so impressed that you can run 10 miles! Way to go!
Hope your trip to Tuscan is going well! We’re currently in Omaha and about to head back home tomorrow. 3 day car trip 😬 Road trips aren’t my favorite, but I’ve got tons of podcast and Netflix to keep me busy lol
Have a safe trip. It’s good you’re going to see your mother-in-law. So sorry she’s declining. My mom is too. It’s so hard to watch.
Sending you all the hugs for traveling to visit your mother-in-law. I’m so glad that two of your kids were able to go! And congratulations for running 10 miles this last week, that’s awesome!
Memory illnesses are so heart-wrenching. I hope you were (will be?) able to communicate with her during your visit.
10 miles?!? Wow. That’s impressive!
I’m sorry to hear about your mother in law. I hope the trip is going, or went, well.
And thanks for the blogoversary reminder. LOL I totally forgot again. I need to do a giveaway or something this month.