Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
The highlight of this past week is that I got to go to an event for Veronica Roth’s newest book, Carve the Mark. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the chance to meet her afterward (100 people won the opportunity to stay behind and get their books personalized, but I didn’t know about the event in time to pre-register, so I wasn’t even in the running). Still, the interview was fun and I’m excited to read the book now! I’ll try to post a recap this coming week.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- Top Ten Hidden Gems of 2016
- Pushing the Boundaries by Stacey Trombley – Review, Giveaway & Trombley’s Top Ten Addictions
- Seeing the Book Blogging World Through Rose-Colored Glasses: Let’s Discuss
- One More Reading Challenge for 2017: Bookopoly – Check out this super creative challenge!
Next week on FYFA:
- Long Way Home by Katie McGarry – Review & Giveaway
- Accidentally On Purpose by Jill Shalvis – Review & Giveaway
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Just one blogoversary this week (and one birthday for a blog that doesn’t seem to exist? Does anyone know Maya @ The Fandom Fox? The URL she gave me doesn’t work and I found a blog with a similar name, but there doesn’t seem to be a Maya there). Head on over and wish these bloggers well on their special days! Check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
This week’s events:
- January 23rd – Tomes Project‘s Blogoversary
Thanks so much to Random House Children’s Books for Batgirl at Super Hero High! My daughter and I loved the last one of these and are looking forward to this next installment!
Crown of Wishes is from NetGalley—I just got the first book for Christmas, so this is perfect! And I saw a blog tour for #famous and couldn’t resist heading over to Edelweiss to pick it up. (I think I signed up for the tour too? Gosh, my brain is mush right now and I can’t remember for sure!)
I won these two beauties from Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight‘s birthday celebration! Thanks, Shannon!!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
So many amazing posts this week!! I love the start of the year with the Discussion Challenge because we’re all so motivated to post discussions in the new year! Here are a few (of the many!) posts I loved:
- Lauren @ Shooting Stars Reviews announced the new service she provides to authors: Research Help
- Terri @ Second Run Reviews talks about some major accomplishments in Book Reviewer Level Up!
- Swoon Reads gives amazing advice for writers in Why Wasn’t I Chosen?: An Open Edit Letter
- Puput @ Sparkling Letters asks Blog Hopping: For Fun or Necessity?
- Tasya @ The Literary Huntress talks about how her impressions of YA romance have changed in her post: Changing of the Seasons… In YA Love Interest
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight asks Should We Always Give Books a “Fair Chance”?
- Ikram talks about The Incessant Plague: Forgetting What You Read
- Jo @ Once Upon a Bookcase asks How Do You Discuss a Book When Characters’ Marginalised Identities Are Spoilers?
- Taya @ GirlXOXO gives great advice in How to Track Reading Challenges with a Spreadsheet
- Pre-order TRICKED by Jen Calonita and receive a Fairy Tale Reform School digital exclusive featuring Rapunzel! (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order THE BONE WITCH by Rin Chupeco and receive a signed bookmark and The Bone Witch sticker. You will also be entered to win a GRAND PRIZE Bone Witch themed crate. (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order THE PLAYBOOK by Kwame Alexander and you’ll be entered to win custom Converse signed by the author! (ends 2/9)
- Pre-order THE SHIP BEYOND TIME by Heidi Heilig from an indie bookstore and get a gorgeous cloisonne pin of the black ship Temptation while supplies last!
- Pre-order RIVETED by Jay Crownover and get a first look at the first two chapters of Avenged and a poster with all the Saints on it (ends 2/14)
- Pre-order ULTIMATUM by K.M. Walton and you have a chance to win one of 12 incredible prize packs filled with cool, custom made swag and other amazing prizes. (ends 1/30)
- Pre-order THE SONG RISING by Samantha Shannon and receive exclusive badges and temporary tattoos to #JoinTheRevolution. (ends 3/6)
- Pre-order A CONJURING OF LIGHT by V.E. Schwab for a chance to receive a book hugger signed by V. E. Schwab. (ends 2/28)
- Pre-order LONG WAY HOME by Katie McGarry & receive 3 bonus stories for FREE! (ends 1/30)
- Pre-order CARAVEL by Stephanie Garber and get a special free gift from the author and a signed, personalized copy. (ends 1/30)
- Preorder THE EDGE OF EVERYTHING by Jeff Giles to receive a keepsake metal bookmark! (ends 1/30)
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed with this week’s posts)
- January Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your January discussions and enter to win!
- Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway!! – Anyone can enter, so head over to win a book from my giveaway/trade list!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Lots of blogs participating in the January 2017 New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Riveted is giving away The Complete Collection of Ellen Hopkins
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win the iRead Book Tours anniversary giveaway—$50 cash or a Basic Virtual Book Tour Package
- Head over to Riveted for a chance to win Ellen Hopkins’ complete collection
- Head over to Crossroad Reviews for a chance to win In 27 Days by Ally Gervais
- Clean Teen Publishing is giving away a mystery prize worth over $100
- It’s Ohana Reads’ third Blogoversary and Stephanie is celebrating with a giveaway of one of her favorite books of 2016!
- Milky Way of Books is also three! She’s giving away a 2017 preorder!
- Terri @ Second Run Reviews is giving away One of Her Favorite Books of 2016
- The Bookkeeper’s Secrets is doing a year-long giveaway!
- Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm is returning to blogging and celebrating with a giveaway of up to £40 of books from Book Depository (INT)
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!