My Goings On in February:
- I celebrated my 43rd birthday and my 4th blogoversary!
- I binge-watched The Fosters (total guilty-pleasure TV) and some of Season 3 of The 100.
- The kids finished up their swim team season, and we have a bit of a break (about six weeks). Nice to have some breathing room.
- This month was tough emotionally (Actually, the past two months have been). We had two family deaths recently, one that was a shock and under rather unpleasant circumstances. Then a friend from church passed away (after a long battle from cancer) and one of my best friends is moving across the country this week. Oh, and I spend 99% of my time fighting with my 14-year-old over schoolwork and his declining grades. (Okay, not actually, but some days it feels that way—he can’t just have a conversation about any of it. It always devolves into multiple-hour conflicts filled with yelling and tears and him insisting that I hate him or he hates us or … it’s just miserable.) It’s been emotionally draining and exhausting, and the stress is starting to get to me since there doesn’t seem to be an end in sight.
I literally posted no pictures on Instagram this month. I was tempted to try and rush and post something just so I’d have something to put in this section, but I decided that was silly. And I was lazy. Hmmm … guess Bookstagram is not my thing. I’ll try harder.
Most Popular Posts:
- Should I even bother mentioning that A Spoiler-Filled Discussion of Three Dark Crowns, which was posted at the end of September, was still my top post for the month? It was. By far.
- Next was my Birthday and Blogoversary Giveaway post! If you haven’t entered it yet, head over there now!
- Rounding out the top three was the February Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway!
Other Features & Discussions:
January Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway – This is your last chance to enter this one!
Power to the Writer: Inkitt’s Mission to Change the Face of Publishing
Review of the eStories Platform (along with a review of books 1&2 of the Kingfountain Series)
Am I the Only One Without an OTP? Let’s Discuss!
Top Ten Books I Loved More (or Less) Than I Expected
A Book Blogger’s Guide to Acronyms, Terms and Slang
My 2017 Reading Progress:
2017 has been a good year for reading so far! I’m 9 books ahead of my Goodreads goal.
February 2017 Reviews
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber | Review | Rating: 5/5
- A Tragic Kind of Wonderful by Eric Lindstrom | Review | Rating: 4/5
- By Your Side by Kasie West | Review | Rating: 4/5
- The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Jonah by Nikki Kelly | Review | Rating: 3.5/5
- The Queen’s Poisoner by Jeff Wheeler | Review | Rating: 4/5
- The Thief’s Daughter by Jeff Wheeler | Review | Rating: 4.5/5
- Batgirl at Super Hero High by Lisa Yee | Review | Rating: 4/5
- The Impossible Fortress by Jason Rekulak | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Revenge of the Evil Librarian by Michelle Knudsen | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Liberation by Kate L. Mary | Review | Rating: 3.5/5
- The Anatomical Shape of a Heart by Jenn Bennett | Review | Rating: 4/5
- Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead | Review | Rating: 4/5
- The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead | Review | Rating: 5/5
February Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
Even though I really loved Caraval, this month I just had to go with the final book in the Bloodlines Series. This series is easily an all-time favorite for me, and I can only hope that Mead revisits this world soon.
2017 Reading Challenges Progress:
Status: 5/41 Discussions Posted
Two more discussions posted this month (I’m not counting the Inkitt Guest Post here, which was sort of a discussion)
Status: 14/50 Books Read
I reviewed eight fantasies this month, though some of these are more paranormal … I’m never sure where the draw the line here.
As of yet, I haven’t read any of Alexa and Rachel’s favorites that I’ve planned to read: Throne of Glass, The Girl of Fire and Thorns, Six of Crows, The Winner’s Curse, Graceling. I’m keeping their pictures here, so I don’t forget about them!
Status: 5/21-30 Books
Woo hoo! I’m actually making progress on this challenge! Here are the books I read from off my shelf:
Status: 3/5-10 Books
I finished three series!! (Just squeaked the reviews in at the end of the month for two of them.) One of these (Ruby Circle) was off of my official list of series I really wanted to finish, too!
Here are some of the other series I’m hoping to finish this year (as a reminder to myself):
Status: 16/61-100 books read
Here are the ones I read this month:
Status: 4/15-20 Books Listened To
Here are the ones I listened to this month:
Status: 23/76 Possible Gameboard Spaces
Since keeping track of this challenge is kind of complicated, I decided to create a separate page for it. If you’re interested in which books I read for each category or in seeing a bigger version of the updated gameboard, then go to my 2017 Bookopoly Progress page. The image above has been updated to reflect my newest reads, though! (I managed to use 11 of the books I read for the challenge this month.)
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Broc’s Bookcase
Don’t forget to link your February wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up! And check out the giveaway, which will be posted here on Feed Your Fiction Addiction sometime later this week!