I thought I’d try out this fun book club for kids and see what they have to offer! I love the fact that they send high-quality and award-winning books. I told them that my daughter is 12 years old, so they sent books for her age group. They have really specific age groups, so you get something that fits your child perfectly. The website also says that they ask questions about your child’s preferences (we didn’t do that for the tour, but they managed to fit my kids pretty perfectly).
What Did We Get?
We received three books in our box. The box was actually slightly damaged when I received it (there was a hole in the top), but the books were packed nicely with plenty of packing paper, so they weren’t affected at all. I loved that the books were wrapped up prettily—it made my daughter feel like she was getting a gift, and she was very excited to open it!
We received three books in our package, all perfect for my daughter!
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Wide Awake Princess by E.D. Baker
- The Thing About Luck by Cynthia Kadohata
We actually already own (and have read) The Giver. We really enjoyed it, though, and I think it’s a perfect choice for this age group. When I told my daughter we could donate this one, she looked at me aghast and stroked the gold Newbery Medal lovingly. “I want this one!” she insisted. Guess she inherited my cover love. LOL!
Actually, upon further perusal, I saw that this is a collector’s edition and it has some extra content in the back, including an interview with Lowry. We’ll definitely check that out (and we’ll donate our old paperback copy and hold onto this one).
The Wide-Awake Princess is one that I’ve seen on multiple occasions and thought that my daughter would love (if I’m being honest, it also might be on her massive bookshelves somewhere, but I didn’t have a chance to look). She really enjoyed The Frog Princess, which is by the same author!
The book I think we’re most excited about is The Thing About Luck. I’d never heard of this book before (even though it’s a National Book Award winner according to the medallion—which my daughter loves. I had no idea she liked those award stickers—I learned something new about her!). My 14-year-old son is studying Japanese, so we’re kind of entranced by everything about the culture right now. So, we were all excited to see that this book involves a Japanese-American family. My son is just as excited to read this one as my daughter is!
Overall, I’m pretty impressed with the contents of this box! If my kids were a little younger, I’d definitely consider getting them a subscription as a gift.
About Little Fun Club:
Little Fun Club is a subscription box for children’s books. It’s ideal for kids ages 0-12. When you sign up, your child will receive a box containing three adventurous books every month. The books are tailored to your child’s age, so you can rest assured they will always have quality, age-appropriate reading material. Each book is hand selected for your child, and no two boxes are the same.
How it Works:
- Join Little Fun Club and let them know your child’s age so the box can be customized for them. You can include up to three kids per box and they’ll customize it accordingly.
- Get three adventurous books every month for as little as $25/month.
- Grow with Little Fun Club. As your child gets older, the books change accordingly — so you’ll always receive age-appropriate books for your kids.
Good to Know:
- You can add a note to your child’s account with reading preferences so the box can be tailored to their interests.
- Shipping is FREE on all boxes.
- Little Fun Club selects books based on merit. Books go through a rigorous selection process and are read and reviewed by the Little Fun Club team before being considered.
- If you receive a book that you already own, just let Little Fun Club know about it. They’ll replace the book in the next box! You don’t have to return anything.
- You can cancel or put your subscription hold at any time.
- A Little Fun Club subscription makes a wonderful gift for birthdays, holidays, or just because.
The final product is a box filled with education, fun, and opportunities for positive child development. They make sure each box is just right before it is sent out.
1 month – $29/month
3 months – $27/month
6 months – $25/month
You can see what types of books Little Fun Club offers by visiting their website.
1 winner will receive $50 in PayPal cash
Open to US and Canada
Ends May 12, 2017
Use the Rafflecopter to enter. Entrants must be 18 or older or have their parent/guardian enter for them. The winner will be chosen randomly. Winner must respond to my email within 48 hours or a new winner will be chosen. No purchase necessary to enter. This contest is void where prohibited by law.
Blog Tour Schedule
April 17 – The Mommy Island
April 18 – Writing My Own Fairy Tale
April 19 – The Kids Did It
April 20 – Feed Your Fiction Addiction
April 21 – Book Review Mama
April 24 – Homebound but Hopeful
April 25 – Looking Glass Review
April 26 – Kristi’s Book Nook
April 27 – Natasha Reads Books
April 28 – Create With Joy
May 1 – That’s What She Read
May 2 – Tee and Penguin
May 5 – Word Spelunking
May 8 – Babies to Bookworms
May 9 – The Tangled Yarn
May 10 – Geo Librarian