My Goings On in February:
- I SIGNED WITH A LITERARY AGENT!!! Which I’m sure you already know because I have no chill and I’ve been shouting it from every rooftop.
- Does the rest of the month even matter? I mean, I guess I’ll go ahead and tell you a few other things that happened, but…
- I celebrated my 45th birthday on the 11th.
- My mom and I went to see Dear Evan Hansen the Musical. It was awe-inspiring, and I just want to go see musicals every week now. Okay, that’s unreasonable. Every month?
- I went on a field trip to the Holocaust Museum with my son’s class. It reminded me how very precious life is and how easy it is for people to ignore other people’s suffering.
- I attended lots of writing groups and events (check out my Sunday Posts if you want to see what they all were).
- Things I watched:
- I finished watching YOU on Netflix. Very creepy!
- We checked out The Hate U Give from the library. Spectacular and heartbreaking!
- I starting watching Superstore on Hulu. It’s pretty hilarious, though I’m wondering if the humor might wear thin after a while. Have any of you guys watched this one?
Features & Discussions:
February 2019 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – A few days left to link up & enter the giveaway!
Bookworm Confession: Swag Isn’t My Thing. Let’s Discuss.
Fun with Spam #6!
Why Audiobooks Are Important. Let’s Discuss!
An Exciting Announcement… – I’ll bet you can’t guess what this is!
February 2019 Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway
My 2019 Reading Progress:
I’ve read 31 books so far in 2019, which puts me 7 ahead of my Goodreads goal.
I’m still trying to get over my weird sense of guilt over the fact that many of these are verse novels and graphic novels, which are quick reads. Why does this bother me? It’s not like I can cheat on my Goodreads goal—it’s just a random goal that no one but me is really paying attention to. I really need to get a grip!
February 2019 Reviews
Here are the reviews I posted in February:
- Firestarter by Tara Sim | Review | Rating: Fed My Addiction
- The Lonely Ones by Kelsey Sutton | Review | Rating: Absolutely Addicted!
- We Come Apart by Sarah Crossan & Brian Conaghan | Review | Rating: Fed My Addiction
- The Life-Changing Manga of Tidying Up: A Magical Story by Marie Kondō | Review | Rating: Fed My Addiction
- Between Before and After by Maureen Doyle McQuerry | Review | Rating: Fed My Addiction
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer | Review | Rating: Absolutely Addicted!
- The Simple Art of Flying by Cory Leonardo | Review | Rating: Fed My Addiction
- The Language Inside by Holly Thompson | Review | Rating: Fed My Addiction
February Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
Now that I’ve decided to go with a MG BotB and a YA BotB, it’s made my job much easier. My choice this month was clear because I LOVED both of these books! Hmmm… guess I was feeling Lonely in February…
2019 Reading Challenges/Goals Progress:
Progress: 4/21-30 Discussions (Chatty Kathy)
I ended up changing my goal for this challenge because I realized that two discussions per month is feeling pretty comfortable right now, especially when I want to leave room for things like my spam posts and the occasional TTT post. I don’t want the challenge to become a point of stress for me. If I end up with more, great, but I’ll be happy with two per month.
Why Audiobooks Are Important.
Bookworm Confession: Swag Isn’t My Thing.
Why I Love the Book Blog Discussion Challenge (Even When I Fail)
Things I Learned About Fairy Tales By Reading the Grimm’s Versions
Progress: 1/12 Classics Read
Well, I just pretty much forgot my challenges existed this month, so I made no effort to read for them. And since I don’t normally read classics… no progress made.
19th Century Classic
20th Century Classic
Classic by a Woman Author
Classic in Translation – Grimm’s Fairy Tales
Classic Comic Novel
Classic Tragic Novel
Very Long Classic
Classic From the Americas (includes the Caribbean)
Classic From Africa, Asia, or Oceania (includes Australia)
Classic From a Place You’ve Lived
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Books and Chocolate
Progress: 19/24 Library Books Read
I haven’t reviewed all of these on the blog yet, but the ones that were rereads have short reviews on Goodreads (the links go there). Reviews for the others will probably be included on the blog next month. I’m way behind on reviews!!
These are the books I read from the library this month:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: No Future for You by Joss Whedon, Brian K. Vaughan, & Georges Jeanty (reread)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Wolves at the Gate by Joss Whedon, Drew Goddard, & Georges Jeanty (reread)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Time of Your Life by Joss Whedon, Jeph Loeb, & Georges Jeanty (reread)
Winter by Marissa Meyer (audio)
Stars Above by Marissa Meyer (audio)
Far From You by Lisa Schroeder
Rebound by Kwame Alexander
The Color of Lies by CJ Lyons (audio)
A Friendly Town That’s Almost Always by the Ocean! by Kir Fox
Hey, Kiddo by Jarrett J. Krosoczka
Earlier books for this challenge:
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (audio, reread)
Cress by Marissa Meyer (audio, reread)
Fairest by Marissa Meyer (audio)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Long Way Home by Joss Whedon & Georges Jeanty (reread)
The Life-Changing Manga of Tidying Up: A Magical Story by Marie Kondō & Yuko Uramoto
We Come Apart by Sarah Crossan & Brian Conaghan
The Lonely Ones by Kelsey Sutton
The Language Inside by Holly Thompson
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Angel’s Guilty Pleasures
Progress: 1/1 Connect 5 per month
I didn’t feel like I could make a really good Connect 5 with my books this time, so I’m holding off. I was very close to a couple, so I think these will be a lot easier as the year goes on and I’ve read more books.
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Book Date
Progress: 1/12 Books Read
Well, I finished Winter, but I never looked back at this list to pick up another one. I’ll do better in March!
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (2016)
- The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner (2016)
- Our Dark Duet by Victoria Schwab (2017)
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (2015)
- Winter by Marissa Meyer (2015)
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (2015)
- UnBound by Neal Shusterman (2015)
- Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes (2016)
- Geekerella by Ashley Poston (2017)
- History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera (2017)
- Every Last Breath by Jennifer Armentrout (2015)
- Alienated by Melissa Landers (2014)
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis (2016)
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman (1973)
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Roof Beam Reader
Goal: 12 TBR Books Read
My bookish resolutions for 2019:
- Write the first draft of new MG. I’m working on it!
- Read 1 review book for every 1 that I receive. So far in 2019 I’ve received 11 books for review. I’ve read/reviewed 9. So, I’m 2 behind! (I have reviews for two more going up in a couple of days, though–I just couldn’t squeeze them in at the end of the month).
- Read at least 6 books on the craft of writing. I’m still working my way through Story Genius, doing the exercises as they apply to my new book.
- Read at least 12 books written in verse. (Since I’m writing my next book in verse.) I read 2 books in verse this month, for a total of 5 so far!
Query 50 agents. Or get an agent. 🙂 (I was a wimp and I only queried 12 agents in 2018. At that rate, I might get an agent in like 2050.)It’s only February and I can cross this one off!! Life is good!
Non-bookish resolution for 2019:
(This one doesn’t count for the challenge, but I’m putting it here so it’s with my other stuff and I’ll hopefully pay attention to it.)
- Work out 3 times per week. Um… Let’s move along now, shall we?
HOST/SIGN-UP LINK – Because Challenges Make Reading More Fun
Don’t forget to link your February wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up. And enter the giveaway!