The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Two of my three kids had spring break this week, which basically meant we just watched more TV than usual.
- What I Read:
- I read The Memory Keeper by Jennifer Camiccia (loved it!).
- I finished listening to You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson and started listening to So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo.
- I finished reading a friend’s manuscript for feedback. I’ve started tracking those in my personal reading spreadsheet this year.
- TV We Watched:
- Supernatural. We’re still watching season 10.
- Married at First Sight. We’re continuing our ridiculous dating-show binge, and we watched all of season 1 of this show and then jumped to season 10, which is the latest on Hulu.
- Dog Agility: The weather wasn’t great this week, but we still managed to set up a bit of the agility equipment to do some quick agility with Digit. Now that we’ve been getting outside occasionally, Digit has been very anxious to keep it up—he’s ready for spring!!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- Bite-Sized Reviews of Cybils Nominees: A Game of Fox and Squirrels, Wishes and Wellingtons, Mulrox and the Malcognitos, Cleo Porter and the Body Electric, and Another Dreadful Fairy Book
- March 2021 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up & Giveaway
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- 3/31 – Greg @ Book Haven‘s Birthday
- April – Struck by Stories‘ Blogoversary
- 4/1 – Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer‘s Blogoversary
- 4/1- The Book Disciple‘s Blogoversary
- 4/3 – Tiffany @ String of Pages‘ Birthday
- 4/3 – Wanda @ booklovercircumspect4‘s Birthday
A little surprise on my doorstep: Thanks, Sourcebooks for Barefoot Dreams of Petra Luna by Alda P. Dobbs! (The cover is illustrated by John J. Cabuay). Then, I also received Aru Shah and the City of Gold by Roshani Chokshi from Rick Riordan Presents. (Cover illustrated by Abigail L. Dela Cruz). I’ll be participating in the blog tour for this one at the end of the month.
I got approved for The Last Fallen Star by Graci Kim from Rick Riordan Presents (cover illustrated by Vivienne To). I also received The Chance to Fly by Ali Stroker and Stacy Davidowitz from Abrams (couldn’t find the cover artist for this one—let me know if you know it!). Finally, I got Sunny Song Will Never Be Famous by Suzanne Park from Sourcebooks Fire (cover illustrated by Carolina Melis).
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books tells us HOW TO WRITE A BLOG POST PEOPLE WILL READ
- RAnn @ This That and the Other Thing writes a thoughtful post on Religion and Fiction
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my new Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s the list of all the pre-order campaigns that I just added to the list this week:
Pre-order BEST NERDS FOREVER by James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein to receive an additional copy of the book for a friend! (US only)(Ends 5/2)
Pre-order HANI AND ISHU’S GUIDE TO FAKE DATING by Adiba Jaigirdar to receive a signed bookplate, 2 bookmarks, an illustrated art print, and an exclusive digital short story. (INT)(Ends 5/24)
Pre-order MADE TO BE MINE by Jaqueline Snowe to be entered to win an awesome swag pack of signed paperbacks, stickers, and bookmarks. (Ends 4/11)
Pre-order THE CHAOS CYCLE DUOLOGY by A.J. Vrana from the author’s shop to receive a signed bookplate, two new stickers, and a postcard art print. Pre-orders from anywhere can be entered to win a giveaway. (Ends 7/31)
Pre-order ANIMALS GO VROOM! by Abi Cushman from Bank Square Books to receive a personalized, signed copy; a 5×7 print featuring art from the book, fun stickers, and free shipping anywhere in the US! (Ends 7/10)
Pre-order YOUR MAMA by NoNieqa Ramos, illustrated by Jacqueline Alcantara to receive stickers and a signed bookplate! You’ll also be entered to win a T-shirt. (Ends 4/5)
Pre-order I AM A GIRL FROM AFRICA by Elizabeth Nyamayaro and one book will be donated to ‘Books for Africa.’ (Ends 4/19)
Pre-order COOL FOR THE SUMMER by Dahlia Adler from a participating indie bookstore to receive a signed bookplate plus a ridiculously cute sticker sheets! (Ends 5/10)
Pre-order SIX WEEKS TO LIVE by Catherine McKenzie to receive a bookmark and signed bookplate (50 in US and 50 in Canada). You’ll also be entered to win further giveaways. (US/CAN only)(Ends 4/30)
Pre-order CHEAT DAY by Liv Stratman from Books Are Magic to receive a signed and personalized copy. (Ends 5/21)
Pre-order THE SECRET DIARY OF A BRITISH MUSLIM AGED 13 3/4 by Tez Ilyas and you will be entered into the prize draw to win a pair of tickets to one of Tez’s upcoming gigs. There are FORTY pairs to give away, and you can choose any date from his autumn tour. (UK only)(Ends 4/6)
Pre-order MERCI SUAREZ CAN’T DANCE by Meg Medina to receive a hardcover copy of MERCI SUAREZ CHANGES GEARS! (US only)(Ends 4/5)
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- Twitter Giveaways:
- @lindsayncurrie is giving away an ARC of WHAT LIVES IN THE WOODS (ends 3/28)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the March 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the February or March Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway.
- Head over to String of Pages for a chance to win Lost in the Never Woods
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile and Any book from your wishlist up to $20.
- Utopia State of Mind is celebrating it’s blogoversary with a giveaway of a 2021 YA Pre-Order!
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win THE LAST SHADOW WARRIOR, SOMEWHERE BETWEEN BITTER AND SWEET, and CHICK CHAT.
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review for a chance to win a set of two True Stories of Animal Heroes books, an I Am the Shark Prize Pack, A Clever Springtime and Family Stories prize pack (5 books) and a Jane Austen-themed picnic basket of goodies.
- Lots of blogs participating in the Chasing Rainbows Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to BookHounds YA for a chance to win EXPLORER ACADEMY Series 1 – 5 and more! (Check their site’s sidebar.)
- Lots of blogs participating in the March 2021 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including $250 TO SPEND AT B&N!
- Read It Forward does a monthly giveaway. This week you can enter to win their Favorite March Books!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
I want to read You Should See Me In A Crown. You’ve got some good books to share soon I think! I like that you’re reading manuscripts. I have got to find a beta reader. I won a beta read or bid on it from a charity auction from Hot Tree Editing so I’ll have that done soon I think. Thanks for sharing all the goodies to go check out every week!
Oh, that’s a great win!! I hope you get some great feedback from it.
I adored You Should See Me in a Crown and cannot wait to read more from Johnson. Some great new books there. I hope to read The Chance to Fly and Sunny Song at some point.
I remembered reading your review—that’s one of the reasons I ended up adding the book to my TBR. And I’m glad I did because I really loved it!
We didn’t manage anything much over my daughter’s spring break a few weeks ago either. But it was a nice break.
Anne – Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
Yeah, hopefully we’ll all be getting the vaccine soon and we’ll be able to actually do a few more things.
I got a few books from NetGalley too. Supernatural season 10 is good.
I forgot about my own blogaversary! Thanks for the reminder!
Hope you guys have a fabulous spring break! Ours is coming up in a couple weeks. And yay for more TV! Ha I’ve just started a few new shows as well after not really trying anything new for a while…
Hope you have a great week!
I have You Should Me In A Crown and can’t wait to dive in. As always, thank you for your hard work in putting all these together, Nicole. Much appreciated!
I hope you’ll have a great week, and happy reading!
The Chance to Fly is one that I’d like to read – hope you enjoy it!!! I’m ready for nicer weather to stay. It was really pretty yesterday and then we had some bad storms over night and it was pretty cold today. Oh, Spring. haha
You Should See Me In A Crown isn’t my typical type of book, but I see it raved about everywhere. I kind of want to read it to know what the hype is about.
I’ve been slowly chipping away at Vampire Diaries when I work out but Married at First Sight looks interesting. And I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on You Should See Me in a Crown! Every time I read that title I hear the Billie Eilish song in my head LOL!