My focus has been on writing recently, so I’m late posting this, but better late than never!
My Goings-On in September:
Here are the things that stand out to me this month:
- A finished draft! Like I said, I’m late posting my wrap-up this month because I was working hard on finishing the latest draft of my WIP, and I promised myself I would focus on writing and not post anything until I was done!
- School-year stress – Not mine, but Danielle’s (which transfers to me in a lot of ways, let’s face it). Swim season is crazy busy – they have practices 9 times per week (3 days they have early morning and afternoon practices), plus 2 or 3 dry lands (weight room) as well. Combine that with 5 AP classes, an extra-curricular higher-level choir, and college application time, and her life is pretty much packed. I try to help her in whatever ways I can, and I end up staying up with her while she finishes off homework. I think we’ll both be relieved when swim is over (even though she loves it).
Features & Discussions:
My 2021 Reading Progress:
I read 8 books in August, putting me at 79 books so far this year. As of right now, I’m still 3 books ahead of being on track for my Goodreads goal of 100. Since my focus has been on writing lately, I don’t feel like that’s too bad.
I’m still at 9 manuscripts read for the year.
September 2021 Reviews
- Squirrel Do Bad by Stephan Pastis | Review
- The Witch Haven by Sasha Peyton Smith | Review
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig | Review
- Renegades by Marissa Meyer | Review
- Archenemies by Marissa Meyer | Review
- Supernova by Marissa Meyer | Review
- The Dire Days of Willowweep Manor by Shaenon K. Garrity | Review
September Best of the Bunch:
(Best of the Bunch is hosted over at Cocoon of Books. We link up our favorite reads of the month!)
Since I reviewed so few books in September, I’m only choosing one favorite, The Midnight Library. This book definitely lived up to the hype!
2021 Goals Progress:
The Discussion Challenge is my one and only goal for 2021.
Progress: 6/21-30 Discussions (Chatty Kathy)
The only “discussion” I posted this month was my post about being a judge for the Cybils (which is barely a discussion, but I’m counting it.)
It’s Time for the Cybils Awards: I’m a Round 1 Poetry Judge!
How to Create Book Page Art. (And a Peek at Mine!)
The Joys of Verse Novels, Graphic Novels and Other Very Quick Reads. Let’s Discuss!
Balancing Spending on the Blog, Making Money, and All the Moral Dilemmas that Go Along With It
I’ve Been Stalking Your Goodreads.
2020 End of Year Book Survey (& Year in Graphs!)
Unbiased Reviews: Is There Such a Thing?
Don’t forget to link your August wrap-up posts up to the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up. And enter the giveaway!