The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
- Thanksgiving! I hope everyone in the US had a wonderful holiday, filled with the yummiest of foods! We had a low-key celebration at home. My mom was here (as usual) and Jade came home from college, so it was a very nice extended holiday weekend.
- Writing. Still working on those revisions. (Though, admittedly, with the holiday, less work was accomplished this week than in previous weeks.)
- What I Read:
- For the Cybils, I read Starfish by Lisa Fipps; Reckless, Glorious, Girl by Ellen Hagan; and I Wish I Had a Wookiee: And Other Poems for Our Galaxy by Ian Doescher, illustrated by Tim Budgen.
- I finished listening to The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of September 11, 2001 by Garrett M. Graff and started listening to Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong.
- What I Watched:
- Now that I’ve watched all the regular seasons of The Amazing Race, I’m watching the All-Stars seasons.
- Our whole family watched 8-Bit Christmas on HBO Go. It wasn’t our favorite Christmas movie ever, but it was a cute family film.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- The Forgotten Memories of Vera Glass by Anna Priemaza: “Things I Wish I Could Remember” Guest Post & Giveaway
- November 2021 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up & Giveaway
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.
- 11/29 – Drizzle & Hurricane Books‘ Blogoversary
- 12/2 – Samantha @ The Book Disciple‘s Birthday
- 12/4 – Absolute Shannonigans‘ Blogoversary
For the Cybils:
I received two more books to read for the Cybils Awards: D-39: A Robodog’s Journey by Irene Latham and What About Will by Ellen Hopkins.
I received The Forgotten Memories of Vera Glass by Anna Priemaza for review. Check out my blog tour stop for this book, and enter to win a copy of your own!
I actually bought these a few weeks ago but forgot to make note of them. I got my pre-order of Gilded by Marissa Meyer. And I also bought a copy of Game Over, Shrinkwithers, which is written by a friend of mine from my SCBWI group, Sarah Ray Schwarcz.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Malka @ Paper Procrastinators asks Do All Bookstores Serve the Same Purpose?
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books tells us her MOST ANTICIPATED YA BOOKS OF 2022
- Bookshop.org is offering FREE SHIPPING right now through Cyber Monday! (This might be a great time to pre-order books from the pre-order incentives list!)
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my new Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s the list of all the pre-order campaigns that I just added to the list this week:
Pre-order LOVE & OTHER DISASTERS by Anita Kelly from a participating bookstore to receive a signed/personalized copy or a signed bookplate, plus some additional goodies! (Ends 1/17) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order GIRL GIANT AND THE JADE WAR by Van Hoang to receive a shiny foil bookmark, dragon face stickers, a signed bookplate, and downloadable, printable planner pages. (INT) (Ends 12/6) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order THE BONE SPINDLE by Leslie Vedder to receive 2 character couple cards and a double-sided bookmark. (INT) (Ends 1/10) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order WEATHER GIRL by Rachel Lynn Solomon to receive a character art print, an adorable rain boots bookmark, and a signed bookplate. (Ends 1/10) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order NOT THE WITCH YOU WED by April Asher OR request it from your local library to receive a Trick & Trick (surprise bonus scenes that show-case Violet & Lincoln’s Enemies to Lovers Origin Story). Pre-order from a participating indie to also receive a signed copy, a cauldron pin, a sticker sheet, and a bookmark. (Ends 2/7) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order YOU TRULY ASSUMED by Laila Sabreen OR request it from your local library to receive a bookmark, a character art print, a sticker, and a signed bookplate. (INT) (Ends 2/15) CLICK FOR DETAILS
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- Twitter Giveaways:
- @ShandaMcCloskey is giving away 15 bundles of books
- @lindsayncurrie is givng away a pre-order of THE GIRL IN WHITE
- @mariekeyn is giving away EVEN IF WE BREAK *and* a signed ARC of AT THE END OF EVERYTHING!
- Emily X.R. Pan is giving away a signed advance reading copy of her upcoming novel AN ARROW TO THE MOON in honor of @NaNoWriMo!
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the November 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the October or November Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway. You can also enter to win The Forgotten Memories of Vera Glass (and check out the other stops on the tour because they each have their own giveaway).
- Marie @ Drizzle & Hurricane Books is celebrating her blogoversary with a giveaway!!
- Head over to a GREAT read for a chance to win SIGNED YALLFest Books
- Anne is celebrating BOOKS OF MY HEART’s blogoversary with a huge giveaway!
- Head over to Book Briefs for a chance to win Realm of the Banished, The Forgotten Memories of Vera Glass, and more!
- Head over to Twirling Book Princess for a(nother) chance to win THE FORGOTTEN MEMORIES OF VERA GLASS
- Susan Dennard is giving away a Signed Bound Manuscript of The Luminaries
- Enter to win a Sci-Fi/Fantasy prize pack
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review’s Giveaway Page to win The Friendly Bookshelf and more!
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win TIME VILLAINS, Yang Warriors, The Elephants Come Home: A True Story of Seven Elephants, Two People, and One Extraordinary Friendship, and a 45-minute coaching session from Sarah Maynard.
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile.
- Head over to Literary Ramblings to enter to win the Super Stocking Stuffer Giveaway Hop, The In All Things Give Thanks Giveaway Hop, and a Danielle Chiotti Query Critique.
- Head over to JeanBookNerd for a chance to win The Hideaway and more!
- Head over to Bookhounds YA for a chance to win Heartless Prince and more! (Check the sidebar)
- Lots of blogs participating in the November 2021 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including A $250 Barnes & Noble Gift Card!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
It’s always nice when the kids come home. Best part of the holidays for me. The Hopkins book sounds pretty intense, but she’s great at that.
Yeah, I think every single one of Hopkins’ books are intense!
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!
I’m super curious about Our Violent Ends, I’ve seen that everywhere lately.
The forgotten Memories looks good.
I absolutely loved the first book in the Violent Delights Series, and I’m enjoying this one so far as well!
Delighted you had a great weekend of food and family.
Wishing you a great reading week
Glad you had a good holiday. I did too. I read Starfish and really enjoyed it. Natalie @ Literary Rambles
I ended up loving it!
Me and mine had a very small Thanksgiving because my health hasn’t been the best lately but it was still very nice!
So sorry you haven’t been well!
A small family Thanksgiving is great. We stayed home and I worked on getting more things into the kitchen where they go.
Yay for getting your organizing done!
I’m glad to hear you had a lovely thanksgiving and all the best of luck with your revisions! <3 Thank you so much for sharing my post!
You’re welcome! Happy blogoversary!
Happy belated Thanksgiving! Sounds like you had a nice time with your family. <3
Thank you! We definitely did!
We had a quiet Thanksgiving as well. My daughter, grandson and my grandson’s dad came over. It was a nice dinner.
Glad you got to spend it with family!
Wow! It seems like it was a great reading week for you! And I’m so glad you got to spend Thanksgiving with family! I visited my brother in Canada for the extended weekend and had such a wonderful visit!
YAY for Jade coming home from college, I bet it was so wonderful to have all of the family together ♥. I’m so happy to hear that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Here’s hoping you’re have a great December so far too!
It’s been great! She actually hasn’t gone back yet because they’re doing their first couple of weeks of classes all online.