Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Yesterday, we celebrated Christmas with my husband’s side of the family. We had a lot of fun AND I got an awesome mug from Cait @ Paper Fury’s Society6 store (you can see a pic in the Book Haul section below). Most of my week was spent preparing for the celebration—cleaning up, last minute shopping, wrapping presents, getting haircuts, etc. So, not much time for posting. And still no discussion post this week. Boo hoo!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- Bite-Sized Reviews: Hello?, Aftermath, and Die for You
- 2017 Book Blog Discussion Challenge Sign-Up – Make sure you sign up for next year’s challenge! I’m so excited to discuss with you!!
- A Boy Called Christmas by Matt Haig: Review
Next week on FYFA:
- The Secret of a Heart Note by Stacey Lee – Review
- Some other reviews?
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Only one blogoversary this week! Hope you’ll go wish Mishma well on her special day!! Check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
This week’s events:
- December 21st – Chasing Faerytales‘ Blogoversary
I’d already gotten an ARC of this one, so imagine my surprise when a finished copy showed up at my door! Thanks so much, Margaret K. McElderry Books!! The mug in this picture was a Christmas gift from my brother-in-law, and it’s from Cait @ Paper Fury’s Society6 store. (The ornament was just for decoration, and I promptly shattered it right after taking this picture—guess it’s good that I have a picture of it!)
From The 5th Annual Novel Cuisine Luncheon:
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are some posts I especially loved this week:
- Sam @ Books, Booze and Brats talks about her fun New Year’s Resolution
- Lila @ The Bookkeeper’s Secrets asks Can You Like a Book That You Also Find Problematic?
- Liselle over at Lunch-time Librarian talks about the new pricing structure for BEA in her post: Is BEA Pushing Book Bloggers Out?
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- December Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your December discussions and enter to win!
- Preorder LONG WAY HOME by Katie McGarry & receive 3 bonus stories for FREE! (ends 1/30)
- Pre-order HISTORY IS ALL YOU LEFT ME by Adam Silvera for a chance to win a trip to NYC! (ends 1/3)
- Pre-order CARAVEL by Stephanie Garber and get a special free gift from the author and a signed, personalized copy. (ends 1/30)
- Pre-Order WINDWITCH by Susan Dennard to be eligible to receive a free pair of Windwitch-themed socks, patch and a signed bookplate! (ends 1/9)
- Pre-order WAYFARER by Alexandra Bracken and receive a personalized holiday card from Bracken, as well as an 8×10 print. (ends 1/3)
- Preorder THE EDGE OF EVERYTHING by Jeff Giles to receive a keepsake metal bookmark! (ends 1/30)
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Head over to the November Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway, which is being hosted over at Paved with Books!!
- Lots of blogs participating in the December Release Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to Book Briefs to enter to win a set of all the books in the Zodiac series!
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win a $20 Amazon Gift Card + ebook of Hero High (INT)
- Enter to win 10 hardcovers (like Heartless, Gemina, and The Diabolic, just to name a few) via The YA Hardcovers Xmas Giveaway!
- Lots of blogs participating in the December to Remember Giveaway Hop!
- Enter to win one of two ARCs of COMING UP FOR AIR by Miranda Kenneally and a water bottle
- The Bookkeeper’s Secrets is doing a year-long giveaway!
- Cynthia over at Book Binges is celebrating her blogoversary with a giveaway!
- Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm is returning to blogging and celebrating with a giveaway of up to £40 of books from Book Depository (INT)
- It’s Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight’s Birthday and she’s celebrating with a big giveaway!!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!