The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
- Writing. I decided not to do NaNo at all because I’ve been getting feedback from my critique partners. So I took a bit of a week off of writing this week and next week I’m jumping into my final round of revisions.
- Blogging. Look at me, actually blogging, replying to comments, commenting back, etc. Plus, I have posts already scheduled for this coming week. When I start my revisions, it will be a little harder, but hopefully I won’t get too far behind again.
- What I Read:
- I read Rewritten by Tara Gilboy, Unsettled by Reem Faruqi, and Cupcake by Cookie O’Gorman.
- I continued listening to The Only Plane in the Sky: An Oral History of September 11, 2001 by Garrett M. Graff.
- What I Watched:
- I just finished season 3 of The Amazing Race. I’ve almost made it all the way back to the beginning.
- And then my son got me to start watching season 11 of Married at First Sight. (He loves this show – I’m not sure what this says about me as a mom. LOL!)
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- November 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- October 2021 Monthly Wrap-Up & Best of the Bunch
- Bite-Sized Reviews of Violets Are Blue, Rewritten, The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, and Closer to Nowhere
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.
- 10/13 – Shannon @ Absolute Shannonigans‘ Birthday
- 10/13 – The Butterfly Reader‘s Blogoversary
None This Week!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Gauri @ A Book and Chai gives us this list of Books by South Asian authors to check out!
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my new Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s the list of all the pre-order campaigns that I just added to the list this week:
Pre-order CASTLES IN THEIR BONES by Laura Sebastian to receive an exclusive necklace (Phase 1) and a map print (Phase 2). (US only) (Phase 1 ends 1/2, Phase 2 ends 1/31) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order AURORA’S END by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff to enter to win one of 80 limited edition Aurora’s End pin badges. (UK only) (Ends 11/8) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order THE LAZY GENIUS KITCHEN by Kendra Adachi to receive monthly digital rewards like recipes, etc. There will be new rewards every month, and you’ll receive them all from the month you submit your pre-order info. (Ends 3/21) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order FROM DUST, A FLAME by Rebecca Podos from River Bend Bookshop to receive a signed copy and exclusive character art prints! (Ends 2/7) CLICK FOR DETAILS
Pre-order BOUND BY FIRELIGHT by Dana Swift OR request it from your local library to receive two different bookmarks and an art print. Pre-orders will also receive a signed bookplate and a digital copy of Jatin’s letter from the end of the first book in the series. Pre-orders from Books and Books or Interabang Books will also receive an exclusive sticker. (INT) (Ends 1/25) CLICK FOR DETAILS
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- Twitter Giveaways:
- @lindsayncurrie is giving away the very first ARC of THE GIRL IN WHITE
- @lauramossa is giving away A SARI FOR AMMI
- @bb_alston is giving away an AMARI AND THE NIGHT BROTHERS @owlcrate box
- @inkyelbows is giving away handmade pendants!
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the October or November 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the October Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway.
- Enter to win a Sci-Fi/Fantasy prize pack
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight is celebrating her 8th blogoversary with a giveaway!
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review’s Giveaway Page to win The Quest for the Luminae and more!
- Head over to KidLit411 for a chance to win A Girl’s Bill of Rights, Within These Wicked Walls, and Mrs. Noah.
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile.
- Head over to Literary Ramblings to enter to win Reckless.
- Head over to JeanBookNerd for a chance to win The Hideaway and more!
- Head over to Bookhounds YA for a chance to win Heartless Prince and more! (Check the sidebar)
- Lots of blogs participating in the November 2021 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including A $250 Barnes & Noble Gift Card!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
I remember watching the Amazing Race a few years back. That show was action packed and fun. I liked getting to “travel” too
Yes, it’s a fun way to see lots of things around the world!
Welcome back – it’s good to see you here more. You will likely get as much and better writing happening with working with your critique partners.
Anne – Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
Yes, I’m hoping to stay more on blogging this time, even as I’m working on my writing.
Good luck on your revisions.
I hope The Amazing Race comes back soon. I remember watching Season 1 and thinking it was the coolest thing ever. I haven’t missed an episode since the show started.
Oh, wow! That’s dedication to a show!
NaNo never works with my schedule. I’m hoping to write more this month, but last I had family visiting so writing had to take a back seat. Hope you don’t get behind in your blogging when you start revising. Natalie @ Literary Rambles
Yeah, it’s a strange time of year to do it. I’ve always wondered why they schedule it in November.
I wanted to do NaNo but with school… I just couldn’t find the time this year, sadly.
It’s definitely a big commitment.
Good luck with revisions! I absolutely love Married at First Sight. It’s a trash experiment but I can’t look away!
Exactly. The show is like a car wreck, for sure—but it’s often very entertaining.
Hopefully revisions won’t put you too behind on blogging, though no worries if it does! We aren’t going anywhere. 🙂
Thanks for the encouragement!
I’m not doing NaNoWriMo either and I doubt I will ever again. I love the concept, hate the time of year it takes place.
Yeah, I’ve always wondered why they chose November.
I haven’t watched any of those shows but my younger son read a book that’s supposed to have vibes of The Amazing Race, his teacher passed the book along. And he had a lot of fun bingeing that series. Wishing you a wonderful rest of your week!
Oh, I think I read that book! Lexi Magill and the Teleportation Tournament – I loved the Amazing Race concept in a sci-fi middle grade!
It was Race The Wild, but it looks like I need to add that one to his tbr too!
Oh, now I have a new one to add to my TBR too!