Last week on FYFA:
My Sunday Post is going up late today because I spent the day at the YA Fandom Frenzy, which was run by Anderson’s Bookstore in Naperville. The event was a little hectic, but TONS of fun – I plan to write a post about it later this week. So make sure you check that one out if you want to read some fun facts about the 40 YA authors who were there and see pics! Last week was really busy for me because I got a new editing client and jumped straight into editing her first book. Plus, we spent yesterday celebrating my youngest’s 10th birthday and my in-laws 70th birthdays!
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Take Me On by Katie McGarry (excerpt & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win the books in this awesome series!
- Crash Into You by Katie McGarry (review)
- Evil Librarian by Michelle Knudsen (5 star review)
- Let’s Discuss – YA Stereotypes: Love from Afar. Does this Happen in Real Life?
- I Want it That Way by Ann Aguirre (review)
Next week on FYFA:
- Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer (review)
- Twelve by TM Franklin (review & giveaway)
- Broken World and Shattered World by Kate L. Mary (review)
- September Wrap-Up and Best of the Bunch
- YA Fandom Frenzy – A fun recap of the event, including fun facts about some of the authors and some great pictures!
I bought some books at YA Fandom Frenzy, but I’ll fill you in on those later this week when I put up my post about the event!
This was a fun surprise because I didn’t even realize that I was entering a giveaway when I commented on Joy’s review over at Joyous Reads!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Kristen talks about Low Blog Esteem and Boredom over at My Friends are Fiction
- Find out What’s in a (Middle Grade) Cover over at Larisa White Reyes’s blog (and look at some very pretty covers!)
- Join the discussion over at Girl of 1000 Wonders about What Makes A Good Romance?
- Over on Oh, the Books, they talk about The Fears of Co-Blogging. I’m definitely interested in this topic, since I’ve been contemplating finding a co-blogger myself.
- Lark discusses Content Warnings – Do You or Don’t You? over at The Bookwyrm’s Hoard
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Finding Mr. Darcy: High School Edition by Erin Butler (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a $10 gift card and a copy of the book!
- Divine Scales by Jennifer Blackstream (5 star review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a book from this series!
- Perfect for You by Ashelyn Drake – Still time to enter to win a $10 gift card and a copy of the book!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
I didn’t have time to go out searching for a lot of new giveaways this week, but there are some September giveaways that aren’t over quite yet. If you have a giveaway happening on your blog, feel free to let me know in the comments!
- Shayna Varadeaux Books & Reviews – Shayna’s got a whole month of giveaways going for her first blogoversary! This is a link to the first one, but make sure to check out all the others too!
- Kindle Giveaway – Enter over at I Am a Reader Not a Writer to win a Kindle or a gift card!
- Rabid Reads is having a 4th blogoversary giveaway that lasts the whole month long!
- September New Release Giveaway Hop – Again, lots of participants!
- Falling for Books Blog Hop – Lots more chances to win a fall new release!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now?
Feel free to share them in the comments!