The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
Reminder – Enter my 8th blogoversary giveaway! And check out the new Pre-Order Campaign Page. Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone. We don’t really celebrate around here since my birthday is on the 11th, but my daughter is making me an angel food cake today since she didn’t really have time to bake a cake on Thursday.
- My Birthday! The 11th was my birthday. It was a low-key celebration since we’re not going anywhere, but we ate yummy cutlets and I got cute fox socks and a fox tee from my kiddos and some other nice clothes and then I also got a DNA test kit that we’re using to see Bella’s breeds (we’ve always been really curious what her mix is!).
- What I Read:
- Most of my reading this week was my AMM mentee’s manuscript.
- I also started reading Legendborn and listened to a good portion of The Stars of Whistling Ridge via the NetGalley app.
- TV We Watched:
- Supernatural. We’re still watching season 9 of Supernatural.
- 24. We watched season 2 of 24 this week.
- Agility Training: The class went really well this week. And since Danielle did most of the runs with Digit, I got some videos!
- Barkbox: We also got a new Barkbox. (That’s an affiliate link, in case you want to try it out. Let me know if you want an email for a $5 Barkbox deal—I can do that, but just through email.) Our whole family always looks forward to seeing the themed box—we get a big kick out of it! This month was a Valentine’s stay-at-home dinner theme. I found it sort of hilarious that fancy poop is included in this meal—two of my three pups highly recommend adding poop to your diet!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- Long Way Down: The Graphic Novel by Jason Reynolds and Danica Novgorodoff
- Unbiased Reviews: Is There Such a Thing?
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- None this week!!
Nothing this week!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Afoma @ Reading Middle Grade lists 51 Best Middle-Grade Books About Adoption and Foster Care
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my new Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
Here’s the list of all the pre-order campaigns that I just added to the list this week:
Pre-order THE THEFT OF SUNLIGHT by Intisar Khanani OR request it from your local library to receive a pair of character stickers, a bookmark, a signed bookplate, and 2 mystery items. (INT)(Ends 3/22)
Pre-order CROWN OF BITTER THORN by Kay L. Moody to receive 2 free character cards and an exclusive digital short story. (INT)(Ends 5/10)
Pre-order THE GHOSTS WE KEEP by Mason Deaver from Quail Ridge Books to receive a signed, personalized copy and a character postcard. (INT)(Ends 5/31)
Pre-order VICTORIES GREATER THAN DEATH by Charlie Jane Anders to receive a limited edition enamel pin! Pre-order from any independent bookstore to receive an additional bonus gift: 4 limited edition character art prints! (US/CAN)(ends 4/12)
Pre-order PERFECT ON PAPER by Sophie Gonzales to receive a bonus novella featuring characters from Only Mostly Devastated! (UK only)(ends 3/8)
Pre-order FIFTEEN HUNDRED MILES FROM THE SUN by Jonny Garza Villa to receive lotería themed character art cards and a signed bookplate! (US only)(ends 6/7)
Pre-order A TRIAL OF SORCERERS by Elise Kova to receive a sun and wing vinyl decal, a character card (random character), a signed bookplate, and a bookmark, all sent in a Trial of Sorcerers themed envelope. (INT)(ends 3/3)
Pre-order TIDES OF MUTINY by Rebecca Rode to receive a limited edition compass bracelet, an axe-pair temporary tattoo, a signed bookplate, an oversized illustrated character sticker, and an exclusive author commentary sheet! (first 50 pre-orders)(INT)(ends 9/6)
(Make sure you scroll to see them all!)
- On my blog, you can enter the giveaway for the January or February 2021 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway and the December or January Monthly (& Year-End) Wrap-Up Round-Up & Giveaway. You can also enter to win ANY BOOK YOU WANT in my blogoversary giveaway!
- Stuck in Books is celebrating their 10 year blogoversary with a bunch of giveaways! Enter for a chance to win LONG WAY DOWN by Jason Reynolds, YOU HAD ME AT HOLA, From Blood And Ash by JLA, LORE by Alexandra Bracken, and so many more! (Check the sidebar and this link to their giveaways)
- Head over to BookHounds YA for a chance to win REBEL DAUGHTER, I SURVIVED THE NAZI INVASION, 1944, and more! (Check their site’s sidebar.)
- Head over to The Children’s Book Review for a chance to win a set of 4 books by Corey Ann Haydu, including One Jar of Magic and A copy of THIS BOOK IS ANTI-RACIST JOURNAL and THIS BOOK IS ANTI-RACIST and a collection of stickers and pencils.
- Enter Macmillan’s Celebrate Black Culture Picture Book Collection Sweepstakes
- Jessica over at a GREAT read is also celebrating her blogoversary, and she’s giving away two gift cards for books!
- Enter Penguin’s #AmplifyBlackStories Sweepstakes
- And Macmillan’s Black Celebration YA Collection Sweepstakes
- Penguin is doing a Jazz Age Sweepstakes! You can win six new editions of The Great Gatsby and lots more!
- Head over to Lisa Loves Literature for a chance to win 3 books from Lisa’s ARC pile
- Lots of blogs participating in the February 2021 Of Books Giveaway Hop!
- Book Riot has lots of giveaways, including a $100 FOR THE BOOKSTORE OF YOUR CHOICE!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
I’m glad you had a nice birthday, even if it was pretty low key. Nothing wrong with that. Happy Valentine’s Day!! We’re supposed to get tons of snow later tonight, so that should be interesting. hah
We’ve had so much snow lately!
Happy belated birthday! Your kids know how to pick out great gifts. Your dogs are so lucky. They have some awesome toys.
My kids love getting me fox-themed gifts to go with my blog. I’m a fan! I’ll have to include a pic of the shirt in my next Sunday Post. It’s super cute!
Happy belated birthday Nicole!
Happy belated birthday.. Your kids are going to have a blast with those gifts. I’ve taken a few passengers who have told me stories of Valentine’s love and that’s real cute.
I always love your stories from your passengers.
Happy Belated Birthday, Nicole ?
Happy birthday! I love angel food cake. I am excited to know Bella’s results too, so I hope you share them.
Anne – Books of My Heart This is my Sunday Post
It was your blog that gave me the idea of asking for the DNA kit. I thought it was so fun that you shared your pup’s results! I’ll definitely share yours too.
Happy Birthday! I love the dog pics. And a Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours.
Happy Belated Birthday! Glad you had a nice lowkey birthday! Sometimes those are even better than full out celebrations!
Yay for the TBR break! Hope you enjoy your reading material! I know you back and forth between things you need to read and pleasure reads, so hopefully they’re all good ones!
Here’s my StS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
Yes, it’s definitely nice sometimes to switch back and forth between reading for pleasure and for work!
Happy belated birthday! The DNA kit is such a peculiar gift LOL.
It is a strange gift, but I asked for it. It’s the kind of thing I’d never spend random money on it, but I still like the idea. We’ve always been really curious what Bella is mixed with, and I thought it would be fun to find out!
Happy Birthday. My oldest loves foxes. Yay for Supernatural. Hope your week is delightful!
Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a great low-key celebration… which is just how I like my birthdays. 🙂
Happy birthday! ? Sounds like it was a good birthday week, even though it was low key. That’s the way things are, I guess. Have a wonderful week ?
Happy Birthday! You share the same date with my younger son!
Happy birthday! And Valentin’s Day!! Hope you had a great one.
Happy belated birthday! Glad you have a good day. The fox socks and tee will be fun to wear. Have a great week!
Happy belated birthday!
Happy birthday, and I hope you had a good Valentine’s Day! I love the fancy poop toy. I’ve had dogs that ate poop. I’m glad my current one doesn’t!
Aw! You got the ramen in the Barkbox! We got the hot dog and the bag of chips. Lol. Lulu already destroyed the hot dog. Of course.