Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
This past week. I continued to work on my NaNoWriMo book. There have been some great moments, and some moments where I feel majorly stuck. I have so much respect for authors – writing a book is hard! Right now, I’m at just over 25,500 words and I’m still plugging away!
The past couple of weeks have been frustrating technologically because I’ve had some problems with my blog – issue with my hosting company’s servers caused the blog to be down some and I kept getting 404 errors for some reason. I think I have all of these issues ironed out, but it’s made getting things up more complicated!
Here’s what you may have missed this past week:
- Captured Love by Juliana Haygert (excerpt & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a $20 gift card and a signed paperback of Haygert’s Playing Pretend!
- One Wish Away by Kelley Lynn (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win one of two $10 gift cards!
- Whisper to Me by Christina Lee (review)
- Let’s Discuss – Why I Can’t Choose a Favorite (of Anything!)
- The Walled City by Ryan Graudin (review)
Next week on FYFA:
- Paranormal Keepers by Jen Naumann (review & giveaway)
- The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh M. O’Brien (review & giveaway)
- Promise Me This by Christina Lee (review)
- Let’s Discuss – How Does Your Personality Affect Your Blog?
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Check out NaNo participants’ books, by heading over to Cait’s Beautiful Books Linkup #2: How’s The Writing Going? over at Notebook Sisters. I want to read ALL of these posts!! (I plan to link up too – but I’m holding off until a little later in the month.)
- Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner talks about the next book that she reads after one that wrecks her; she calls it The Sacrificial Lamb Book
- Mishma over at As the Page Turns asks DO YOU WRITE DNF REVIEWS?
- Cait at Notebook Sisters lists her 13 Best Book Beginnings Of Ever and tells why she loves them!
- Carmel over at Rabid Reads talks about why she hates love triangles in her post: Love Triangles – How Do You Really Feel About Them?
- Rachel from Confessions of a Book Geek did a guest post on Oh, the Books, asking Are You Book Monogamous?
- Have you been wanting to try out sci-fi, but you’re not sure where to start? Or love sci-fi and you need some new movie, book or TV recommendations? Check out Kritika’s Supremely Fantastic Science Fiction Subgenre Flowchart. She has something for everyone!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Stan by C.J. Duggan (release day review & giveaway) – Last chance to enter to win an ebook copy!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!