Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Had another relaxing week around here. Finished off a proofread and it looks like I have a new editing client – other than that, I’ve just been preparing for the new school year. We did have a fun family get-together yesterday, though, and we were convinced to play softball. Even the grandmas played! Now, I am NOT a sporty person. The idea of me trying to play a team sport is pretty much laughable. The rest of my immediate family isn’t much better. My daughter does gymnastics, but she looked at the baseball bat like it was a giant squid that she was supposed to hit a ball with, and my son swims but hasn’t played a team sport since he gave up on soccer when he was about six. We were pretty sure this was going to be a terrible idea, but we all actually had a ton of fun! Almost nobody even struck out (I seriously felt shocked every time I hit the ball). Guess I have to go into these sorts of things with a bit more of an open mind in the future!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- Blackmail Boyfriend by Chris Cannon (review)
- The Author I’ve Read the Most (a Sort-of Top Ten Tuesday Post)
- When We Were Human by Kate L. Mary (review)
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera (review)
- My Quest to Organize My Bloglovin’ Feed – Let’s Discuss
ARC August Update: This week, for ARC August, I read: Lost World by Kate L. Mary and Stepdog by Nicole Galland.
Next week on FYFA:
- Lost World by Kate L. Mary (review)
- Stepdog by Nicole Galland (review)
- Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell (review)
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish 🙂
Technically, my mom bought these when we were at Sams the other day. The whole Pretty Trilogy for just $7.00 was too hard to pass up.
The other two books are more for the kids, but I know I’ll be reading them too!
I won this one from the Summer of Series event (which is still going on – check it out in the giveaways below!). Thanks so much Danielle and Lili and Speak (which is a division of Puffin)!
From My OTSP Secret Sister:
My Secret Sister sent me this awesome package! I love how she wrapped everything and gave me little clues with post-it notes! (The thing in the square box was cards, but I don’t want to show them because she had the great idea of giving them to me to use for my Secret Sister!)
From The Author:
I got this super sweet gift in the mail from Allie Juliette Mousseau with a personalized copy of her book and some swag. I have loved working with Allie since her very first book and am so glad that she’s finding success (the Novia that she mentions in the inscription is from her very first series – a YA fantasy trilogy.)
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
I have to confess that I got caught up in summer (and in organizing my Bloglovin’ feed) last week and got behind in my discussions again. I’ll catch up this week!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Summer Haikus by S.J. Pajonas (release day giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a paperback of the book (US) or an ebook (INT)
- What You Left Behind by Jessica Verdi (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a paperback ARC copy!
- July Wrap-Up Round Up Giveaway – Enter to win a book of your choice! (You don’t have to have participated in the link-up to enter the giveaway.)
- August Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – It’s a new month and time for a new link-up! Join us and enter to win a fall release.
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Enter to win a book of your choice at Wishful Endings!
- Erin & Jaime over at Fiction Fare are celebrating their birthday by giving away a Surprise Birthday Box of Books!
- Clean Teen Publishing is giving away a mystery box of their books!
- Lisa over at Lisa Loves Literature is celebrating her 6th blogoversary with a giveaway!! Enter to win a book from The Book Depository!
- Danielle over at Love at First Page and Lili at Lili’s Reflections are doing a Summer of Series promotion and giving away LOTS of books, including a signed paperback of Addicted To You, a finished copy of While You Were Gone, a signed hardcover of Sekret, a signed Boomerang trilogy, winner’s choice of a signed book in the Project Paper Dolls series, a signed copy of Defiance by CJ Redwine, and a signed Rusk University book. Plus, there are lots more coming! (I actually won one of the giveaways for this summer event!)
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight is doing a really fun giveaway because she reached 1000 Bloglovin’ Followers! She has a US only giveaway AND and International giveaway!
- Nicole over at Quality Fangirls is hosting a BookCon giveaway. There are tons of different prizes like a signed Throne of Glass hardcover and lithograph poster, some TMI Swag, Illuminae and lots, lots more!
- Candace’s Book Blog and Pure Imagination have a weekly post called Saturday Situation, where people can link up their giveaways and reviews that need some more love. There are hundreds of posts listed there, so you should definitely check it out!
- Kritika over at Snowflakes and Spider Silk is doing a read-along of The Gentleman Bastard series (AKA Lies of Locke Lomora) and is giving away a pre-order of the fourth book in the series.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!