Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Well, I think I’m finally over my blogging slump. Things have gotten pretty much back to normal at last! This week was relatively uneventful (thank goodness). I’ve been getting prepared for the new school year and yesterday we got to unwind with a day with the family at Great America. Other than that, not much to report.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery – Review
- Top Ten Fairytale Retellings I’ve Read or Want to Read
- What You Left Behind by Jessica Verdi (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a paperback ARC copy!
- Summer Haikus by S.J. Pajonas (release day giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a paperback of the book (US) or an ebook (INT)
- Let’s Discuss – Do You Have a Fiction Addiction? Take my quiz to find out!
- The Bourbon Kings by J.R. Ward (review)
- July Wrap-Up Round Up Giveaway – This is actually going up immediately after this post, but thought I’d link up to it here anyway. Enter to win a book of your choice! (You don’t have to have participated in the link-up to enter the giveaway.)
Next week on FYFA:
- Blackmail Boyfriend by Chris Cannon (review)
- More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera (review)
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish 🙂
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are a few of my favorite recent discussions:
- Deb over at The Book Stop gives a thoughtful discussion of Harper Lee and Dr. Seuss: Should their “new” books have been published?
- Renae over at Respiring Thoughts tells us about her quest to read diverse books in her post: I’m not reading any white authors this month.
- Jen over at The Bookavid discusses tumblr blogs and asks Should tumblr Book Blogs Receive Free Review Copies, Too?
- Alexandra at Literary Legionnaire talks about reading authors’ earlier works first in her post: On Reading in Order (Whether It is a Series or Not)
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a copy of the book!
- August Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – It’s a new month and time for a new link-up! Join us and enter to win a fall release.
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Clean Teen Publishing is giving away a mystery box of their books!
- Lisa over at Lisa Loves Literature is celebrating her 6th blogoversary with a giveaway!! Enter to win a book from The Book Depository!
- A new character from The Tsar’s Game by Evelyn Skye has been revealed and there’s a new giveaway! Check it out!!
- Danielle over at Love at First Page and Lili at Lili’s Reflections are doing a Summer of Series promotion and giving away LOTS of books, including a signed Boomerang trilogy, winner’s choice of a signed book in the Project Paper Dolls series, a signed copy of Defiance by CJ Redwine, a signed Rusk University book, 3 e-copies of After the Kiss, 3 signed copies of The Book of Ivy, Every Breath & Every Word by Ellie Marney, a set of all three Arwell Academy books, and a signed copy of The Rules for Disappearing. Plus, there are lots more coming! (I actually won one of the giveaways for this summer event!)
- LOTS of blogs participating in the Beach Reads in August Hop!
- What Sarah Read is giving away an ARC of THE BOY MOST LIKELY TO!
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight is doing a really fun giveaway because she reached 1000 Bloglovin’ Followers! She has a US only giveaway AND and International giveaway!
- Nicole over at Quality Fangirls is hosting a BookCon giveaway. There are tons of different prizes like a signed Throne of Glass hardcover and lithograph poster, some TMI Swag, Illuminae and lots, lots more!
- Candace’s Book Blog and Pure Imagination have a weekly post called Saturday Situation, where people can link up their giveaways and reviews that need some more love. There are hundreds of posts listed there, so you should definitely check it out!
- Kritika over at Snowflakes and Spider Silk is doing a read-along of The Gentleman Bastard series (AKA Lies of Locke Lomora) and is giving away a pre-order of the fourth book in the series.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!