This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
This was a quiet week at home. Which was a good thing, since I ended up being sick with a nasty summer cold. Luckily, two of the three kids were at summer camp, and my older daughter was happy to be left mostly to her own (electronic) devices. The two of us did go see Incredibles 2 before I got sick, and we both really enjoyed it. She also got me watching My Hero Academia with her—we’re five episodes in at this point and while I don’t think I worship this anime quite as much as she does, it is great fun. Oh, and she also roped me into playing Puyo Puyo Tetris on the Switch. I’m not very good, but that’s okay. Other than that, I binged a whole lot of The Office.
I did get some editing in too, though! I think I’m going to be sending out my first query very soon, so wish me luck!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- My Personal Connection to Pride Month, Some Recent LGBTQ+ Reads, and Integrating My Faith and LGBTQ+ Issues – Warning that this post is a lot more personal than book-related.
- Kiss of the Royal by Lindsey Duga – Giveaway & Duga’s Top Ten Addictions – Still time to enter to win a copy of the book!
- Top 10 Writing Tips I Learned at WIFYR – Some great writing tips that I learned at the conference I attended.
- June 2018 Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up – Make sure to link up your June discussions here!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries for last week AND next week! (Since I missed a Sunday Post.) I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, it’s easy! Just fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
I received The Year of Living Awkwardly as a surprise from Simon Pulse. Thank you!
I also got The Girl with More Than One Heart in the mail. I’m super excited to read this one because it sounds incredibly touching!
I picked up The Marvelous Adventures of Gwendolyn Gray because … well, just look at it. Could you resist? This story sounds magical and wonderful!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Dani @ Perspective of a Writer gives us 18 Middle Grade Summer Reads for Tweens and Under
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current gives us some wonderful Instagram prop ideas
- Suzanne @ The Bookish Libra asks if there’s such a thing as too many reading challenges.
- Jo @ Once Upon a Bookcase points out that Representation Matters on Covers, Too – And the UK Doesn’t Always Get It Right
Listed in order of release date. Any new deals that I just added to the list this week will be denoted with a *** so you can easily find them!
Please note: Almost all pre-order giveaways run “while supplies last,” so I can’t guarantee that they’ll be open until the date listed. Pre-0rder early for your best chance to get all the goodies!
- Pre-order THE BRINK OF DARKNESS by Jeff Giles to receive an exclusive enamel pin! (Open to some INTL) (ends 7/9)
- Pre-order SPINNING SILVER by Naomi Novik to receive a special edition foil jacket cover. (US)(ends 7/10)
- Pre-order THE DARKEST LEGACY by Alexandra Bracken to receive an enamel pin. (INTL)(ends 7/11)
- Pre-order ARCHENEMIES by Marissa Meyer to get your name printed in the back of the Renegades paperback! You will also be added to the list to receive the Renegades Trilogy Character Art poster this fall. (US)(ends 7/13)
- Pre-order ALL YOUR PERFECTS by Colleen Hoover for a chance to win a signed bookplate! (US)(ends 7/14)
- Pre-order NYXIA UNLEASHED by Scott Reintgen to receive a signed postcard featuring one of four favorite characters from the Nyxia series. (US, CAN Only)(ends 7/16)
- Pre-order KILL THE FARM BOY by Delilah S. Dawson and Kevin Hearne to receive a themed 4 button set! (US Only)(ends 7/16)
- Pre-order CONTAGION by Erin Bowman to receive a bookmark, signed bookplate, 2 stickers, an art print, and the Kate & Jesse e-novella. Plus a chance to win the grand prize. (INT)(ends 7/23)
- ***Pre-order SANCTUARY by Caryn Lix to receive a digital download of an Omnistellar Concepts wallpaper and a short story about two of Sanctuary’s most popular characters. Plus, you’ll be entered to win the grand prize! (INT)(ends 7/23)
- Pre-order ENDLESS WATER, STARLESS SKY by Rosamund Hodge to receive a signed bookplate, and a print of one a portrait of one of the four main characters. (INTL)(ends 7/24)
- Pre-order THE IMPOSSIBILITY OF US by Katy Upperman to receive a signed bookmark, a sticker with a quote from the story, and a signed, personalized bookplate. (INT)(ends 7/30)
- Pre-order VENGEFUL by V.E. Schwab to receive your choice of a VENGEFUL or VICIOUS tote. (US, District of Columbia, Canada)(ends 7/31)
- Pre-order THE LAND OF YESTERDAY by K.A. Reynolds to win one of several prizes. (INT)(ends 7/31)
- ***Pre-order THE CHEERLEADERS by Kara Thomas to receive a creepy but cute iron-on patch! (US Only)(ends 7/31)
- Pre-order DANCE OF THIEVES by Mary E. Pearson to receive a special, die-cut bookmark. And one grand prize winner (and a guest) will be able to attend Texas Teen Book Festival this October, where Mary is a featured author. (US)(ends 8/6)
- Pre-order CATWOMAN: SOULSTEALER by Sarah J. Maas to receive a cat-tastic PopSocket! (US Only)(ends 8/6)
- Pre-order CATWOMAN: SOULSTEALER by Sarah J. Maas to receive a limited edition cosmetic bag! (UK/ROI Only)(ends 8/8)
- Pre-order CITY OF GHOSTS by Victoria Schwab for a chance to win a signed copy of the book, a book themed necklace/pendant, and a secret treat from Edinburgh. (INT)(8/27)
- Pre-order MIRAGE by Somaiya Daud to receive a set of Mirage-inspired nail polishes and a signed bookplate. (US Only)(ends 8/27)
- Pre-order UNCHARTED by Erin Cashman to receive a bookmark, signed bookplate, 3 stickers and a card. Plus you’ll be entered to win even more! (INT)(ends 9/3)
- Pre-order LEADERSHIP IN TURBULENT TIMES by Doris Kearns Goodwin to receive a signed bookplate. (US Only)(ends 9/17)
- ***Pre-order GRIM LOVELIES by Megan Shepherd to receive a branded tote bag. You’ll also be entered to win the grand prize! (US Only)(ends 10/1)
- ***Pre-order BRIDGE OF CLAY by Markus Zusak to receive a book club kit containing a Collectible Print, a
Book Thief/Bridge of Clay Discussion Guide , 6 Coasters, a Debossed Notebook and 6 Pens. (US Only)(ends 10/9)
- Pre-order ALL THE WANDERING LIGHT by Heather Fawcett to receive an exclusive world map, a signed bookplate, a bookmark and two stickers. (INTL)(ends 12/3)
- Pre-order THE PRIORY OF THE ORANGE TREE by Samantha Shannon to receive an exclusive signed poster. (USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand)(ends 2/25)
More Awesome Giveaways:
- Head over to Angel’s Guilty Pleasures for a chance to win a Three Month Audible Gift Membership
- Wendy @ Falconer’s Library is celebrating her third blogoversary with a giveaway!
- Louise @ Foxes and Fairytales is celebrating her birthday with a giveaway!
- Head over to Brittany’s Book Rambles for a chance to win a King of Scars Sampler!
- Win all of Penguin YA’s July books!
- Head over to YA Books Central for a chance to win Heroine by Mindy McGinnis
- Head over to Batch of Books for a chance to win a Drawn Together Prize Pack
- Head over to Bookish for LOTS of giveaways!
- Head over to Book Slaying for a chance to win YOUR DESTINATION IS ON THE LEFT
- Anne @ Books of My Heart is doing a Read-Along of the Ilona Andrews Kate Daniels series and she’s giving away a Signed print copy of Magic Triumphs (US only) or an Amazon digital copy (INT). She also has several other giveaways going on with the event as well, so check them out in her sidebar!
- Head over to Wishful Endings for a chance to win a Book from Tressa’s June TBR on Amazon
- Teen Reads is giving away a Beach Bag of Books!
- Head over to the June 2018 Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- Enter Read It Forward’s weekly giveaway! This one is: The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory
- Head over to Writer Writer Pants on Fire for her weekly giveaway! This week’s is a chance to win Typewriter Rodeo
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!