Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
I know it was a slow week on the blog this week. I’d love to say that it’s a one-time thing, but I can’t make any promises. Now that school is back in full swing, I have papers to grade and classes to prepare for and my kids to teach! Add to that, two editing projects with upcoming deadlines and I just don’t think I can manage more than three to four blog posts a week right now. (Plus, this week we had a wedding to go to as well.) I’m also just not getting around the blogosphere like I usually do, so I’m sorry. Experience has told me that once these first few weeks of school are under my belt, things will get easier and I’ll be back to making the rounds.
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler (All-Time Favorite review)
- Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales (review)
- Book Sniffing: It’s a Real Thing – Really, there’s a scientific explanation for why old books smell so good! 🙂
Next week on FYFA:
- Undivided by Neal Shusterman – I tried, but I just didn’t have enough downtime this week to read. I did skim the first three books again, though (which was incredibly helpful) and I’m now just about 100 pages into this one. So, I should be able to post my review next week. I will finish this series!!
- Transformed by EV Fairfall (review)
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish 🙂
From my OTSP Secret Sister:
I got such a fun gift from my Secret Sister this month!! Spike! For those of you who don’t know, I am a HUGE Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan, and my heart will forever be with Spike. (Yeah, I know that Buffy reunites with Angel in the comic books, but I’m sorry, Joss Whedon, it will always be Spike for me!)
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Since I’ve been behind lately, these discussions are all a bit older (not from this past week), but they were great and I wanted to point them out!
- Jen at TheBookAvid asks Do We Need Books About Mental Illness By Neurotypical People?
- Renae at Respiring Thoughts writes about Cyberbullying: what it is, and what it isn’t.
- Jo at Once Upon a Bookcase says Booktubing Isn’t For Me, But Could that Be My Downfall?
- Cyn at Book Munchies talks about Fear of the 5 Star.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- August Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway – Last chance to enter to win any book that features diversity (Anyone can enter – you didn’t have to link up a post to be eligible for the giveaway).
- September Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway -Link up those September discussion posts and enter the giveaway!
- The Body Institute by Carol Riggs – Still time to enter to win a $25 gift card!
- The Foxglove Killings by Tara Kelly – Still time to enter to win lots of prizes!
- Stepping Stones by Kacey Vanderkarr – Still time to enter to win a $20 gift card and swag pack!
- Get Real by Tellulah Darling – Still five more days for the pre-order giveaway!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Stuck in a Good Book blog hop!
- If you pre-order Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, you can get a fun Pre-Order Party Kit, including an exclusive colorable dust jacket!
- Did you know that Entangled gives away a $5 GC in their newsletter? Sign-up and you can enter to win every week!
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight is giving away an ARC of The Rose Society by Marie Lu, a book mentioned during her Shattering Stigmas event AND a hardcover copy of Blood and Salt by Kim Liggett!
- Book Briefs is hosting the tour for Persuasion by Martina Boone and there’s a fun scavenger hunt style giveaway!
- The Donor Blog Tour is giving away a Donor swag pack filled With SWAG and a signed book!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!