Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Not much to tell about this week. I’ve been liking my new organization system for Bloglovin’ – it really helps me feel like I’m getting around the blogosphere better! – but I still just felt a bit overwhelmed for some reason, in general. One of the days, I decided to tackle my overflowing email inboxes and just started to feel really depressed. Does this ever happen to any of you? I just saw ALL the posts from my favorite blogs that have been piling up because I haven’t been able to visit them as often and ALL of the other random things that I need to take care of and I ended up feeling sort of miserable – like I’m failing at keeping up with it all. SO, I ended up unsubscribing from a lot of blog emails and instead adding them to my Active Followers Bloglovin’ feed – because ever since I organized my feed, I actually feel like I’m able to keep up with that better than I have been with my email. And it’s more organized, so it feels less overwhelming. Not sure how this will make me feel in the long run, but for now I’m liking it. We shall see! I hate when I let blogging (and reading other blogs, commenting, etc) turn into something painful instead of joyful – that’s not how it should be!
Anyway, here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week (no discussion, you’ll notice – I just wasn’t feeling inspired and I didn’t want to force myself):
- August Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up Link-Up – Link up your August wrap-up posts here and watch for the giveaway next week!
- Never Been Texted by Linda Joy Singleton (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win!
- September Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway – Now that September is here, it’s time to link up those September discussion posts and enter the giveaway!
- The Body Institute by Carol Riggs (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a $25 gift card!
- The Foxglove Killings by Tara Kelly (review & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win lots of prizes!
- August Wrap-Up
- Stepping Stones by Kacey Vanderkarr (excerpt & giveaway) – Still time to enter to win a $20 gift card and swag pack!
Next week on FYFA:
- August Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway – Anyone can enter (you didn’t have to link up a post to be eligible for the giveaway).
- Mini-Reviews of What I Thought Was True by Huntley Fitzpatrick, The Iron Trial by Holly Black, I’ll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios and The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand
- What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler (review)
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish 🙂
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Zoe over at Stories on Stage teaches you How to Make a 3-D Book Cover. The results look great!
- Nikki over at There Were Books Involved taught me some new things about Tweetdeck in her post: How I Manage Twitter, and Pamela over at A Writer’s Tales also discusses Twitter (and Tweetdeck) with Twitter Chats: Headache or Heaven.
- Meg over at Cuddlebuggery wrote a hilarious post about euphemisms in sex scenes with This is Not How You Put Someone in the Mood.
- Freda at The Tale Temptress gives some great advice on Structuring Your Review Posts.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- August Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Last chance to link up those last few August discussions and enter the giveaway!
- Get Real by Tellulah Darling – Still plenty of time for the pre-order giveaway!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Enter to win a year subscription to Uppercase Box. I’ve been hearing so many good things about this bookish subscription service!
- Literary Meanderings is giving you a chance to win one of 5 Copies of Leah Scheier’s YOUR VOICE IS ALL I HEAR
- Tonya over at After Hours at Lilybloombooks is giving away an ebook copy of any book she read in August (including Summer Haikus, which is a book I edited that I’m so excited she loved!)
- Evelyn Skye revealed another character from her upcoming book The Crown’s Game and there’s a giveaway to go along with the reveal.
- The Donor Blog Tour is giving away a Donor swag pack filled With SWAG and a signed book!
- The Social Potato is giving away TWO Preorders of Selected 2016 Titles.
- Clean Teen Publishing is giving away a mystery box of their books!
- Danielle over at Love at First Page and Lili at Lili’s Reflections are finishing up their Summer of Series promotion. Check out all the giveaways!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!