Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
This week has been hectic because my oldest and I were racing to finish his online chemistry course before he leaves for Japanese immersion camp (which he does today). Even though it’s technically an online class, 99% of the instruction was via the textbook, so I was going through it with him (he doesn’t learn well from just reading a book if it’s a subject he’s not interested in). Luckily, I like chemistry a whole lot more now than I did when I was in high school—except for labs (or, more accurately, the questions that go with the labs—a lot of it’s still Greek to me. Luckily, math is my son’s strength). Anyway, we’re done now, so FREEDOM! He’s off to camp for two weeks, so it’s going to be weirdly quiet around here.
Today we’re celebrating Father’s Day! Last week, my husband and I went to see Wonder Woman. It’s been a VERY long time since I’ve seen a movie in the movie theater that wasn’t animated! We both really enjoyed the movie.
I mentioned this last week, but it’s worth repeating: I’m thinking of doing a Three Dark Crowns re-read (or read for the first time) event before One Dark Throne comes out—possibly a traveling re-read where we all put our comments in as we read and then send it on to the next person, BUT I NEED ONE OR TWO OF MY ORGANIZED BLOGGER FRIENDS TO HELP! You guys know me—I’m great with ideas (I have LOTS of them for this!!) but organizing all the little details is not my strong point. Anybody want to help? Please let me know in the comments or shoot me an email!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- Roar by Cora Carmack: Review, Excerpt & Giveaway – Last chance to win a ROAR Swag Pack and $20 Amazon or Barnes and Noble Gift Card!
- Sign-Ups for Series in a Month and COYER Summer Reading Challenges
- Bite-Sized Reviews (and a Giveaway!): Eliza and Her Monsters, If I Fix You, The Gauntlet, Goodbye Days, and The Sun Is Also a Star – Still time to win my ARC of The Sun Is Also a Star!
Next week on FYFA:
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂 All I know for sure is that I’ll post a discussion since I didn’t manage to get one up this week. Seriously, that’s all the planning my brain can handle right now.
Latest FYFA Giveaway Winners!!:
- None this week.
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- June 19th – April @ Between the Pages‘ Birthday
I held myself to my promise of reading two NetGalley/Edelweiss books before I got another one, so the list is relatively short this week.
I got S.J. Pajonas’s newest, Crash Land on Kurai for review and I’m really excited to read it! I also received Hello, Sunshine from Disney-Hyperion. This one really appeals to me because I was a theatre major in college and the MC is trying to make it as an actress. (Neither of them are from NetGalley or Edelweiss, so they totally don’t count for my deal.)
I saw this one on last week’s TTT, and I knew I had to get it—I immediately made sure to read two NetGalley/Edelweiss books, so I could. 🙂
I got my pre-order of Our Dark Duet!
I got my #BroodyBFF swag in the mail! I especially love the bookmarks, which have fun @YABroodingHero Tweets on them.
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Karen @ Kissin’ Blue Karen asks Reviews: One at a Time or a Bunch at Once?
- Austine @ Novel Knight talks about Blogging Expectations and Why She Hates Them
I’m now putting these in order of release date to make it easier on myself (and you, I think). Any new deals that I just added to the list this week will be denoted with a *** so you can easily find them!
- Pre-order SALVAGED by Jay Crownover and receive an advance excerpt of DIGNITY and a Saints of Denver Doodle download to print at home. (ends 6/19)
- Pre-order MIDNIGHT JEWEL by Richelle Mead and receive nail decals inspired by The Glittering Court and a chance to win a basket of Richelle Mead’s favorite things. (ends 6/26)
- Pre-order ENIGMA by Tonya Kuper receive an Enigma swag pack, including a signed book plate, plus the possibility of lots of other goodies as well! (ends 6/30)
- ***Pre-order BECAUSE YOU LOVE TO HATE ME edited by Ameriie (with stories by authors like Marissa Meyer, Victoria Schwaab and more!) and receive an exclusive notebook and pencil set and a bookplate signed by Ameriie. (ends 7/10)
- Pre-order SECRETS OF THE TULIP SISTERS by Susan Mallery and receive a free PDF of chapter 1 with notes from the author! (ends 7/10)
- ***Pre-order THE DRAGONS OF NOVA by Elise Kova and receive swag. The more pre-orders, the more swag will be unlocked! (ends 7/10)
- Pre-order WASTE OF SPACE by Gina Damico and receive a bookmark, a magnet, and a 4″x6″ print of Damico’s original hand-drawn sketch of the spaceship’s schematics. (ends 7/11)
- Pre-order THE LAST MAGICIAN by Lisa Maxwell and receive a signed bookplate, bookmark, and a temporary tattoo. (ends 7/17)
- ***Pre-order CRYSTAL BLADE by Kathryn Purdie and receive a high-quality map print, a bookmark, an autographed and personalized bookplate, and a download link for the song Purdie wrote and recorded for Burning Glass. (ends 8/15)
- Pre-order WARCROSS by Marie Lu and receive “Life After Legend” an exclusive short story set after the events of the Legend Series (ends 9/11)
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed with this week’s posts)
- June Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your June discussion posts and enter to win!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Read It Forward is giving you the chance to win a $500 gift card for your local library
- Paper Fury is celebrating its six year anniversary and Cait is giving away a $10 giftcard, a bookish necklace and a A 10,000-word critique of your writing.
- Head over to I Am a Reader for the $100 Sweet Romance Giveaway
- Head over to With Love for Books for a Ravenclaw Hardcover, Notebook & Necklace giveaway
- Head over to The Book Belles for a chance to win a Reel Bookish Box (for a month of your choosing) as well a 2017 release of your choice (INT)
- Enter to win a Why I Loathe Sterling Lane Prize Pack
- Head over to It Starts at Midnight for the Boldly Bookish Blog Tour
- Head over to Batch of Books for a chance to win a Captain Underpants Prize Pack
- Author L.C. Mawson is hosting the Start Reading Diverse Giveaway where you download lots of freebies of diverse reads!
- Megan over @ Book Birds is celebrating her 1st blogoversary and she’s giving you a chance to win a book from TBD to celebrate! (INT)
- The Bookkeeper’s Secrets is doing a year-long giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!