Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
This week was the last week of our semester for our homeschool co-op, so we spent lots of time with final projects and performances. My musical theater class did a fantastic job with their show, and the night was a great success! Then, I helped my daughter work on her final project for her botany class. She had to find and catalogue seventy-five different plants – she’s been working on finding them all semester, but the identification and cataloguing has proven to be VERY difficult and time-consuming! But she’s loving the project and she’s done a fantastic job with it, so that’s okay.
Other than that, I’ve also started working on hospitality for my daughter’s big gymnastics meet in February – yes, you read that right. I somehow got roped into the whole thing again, even though last year was such a frustrating disaster. Feel free to just call me doormat – I’m horrible at saying no. (Actually, I’m good at saying no, but somehow they always get twisted into yeses – I honestly don’t get it.)
Here on the blog, I’m planning to put together a list of 2016 reading/book blogging challenges to go up next week. If you’re hosting one (or even just know of one), let me know in the comments and I’ll be sure to include it!
Anyway, here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Nexis by A.L. Davroe (Review)
- December Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- Bite Sized Reviews: New World, The Edge of Never
- Between the Notes by Sharon Huss Roat (Guest Post & Giveaway)
- Do You Read Novellas? Let’s Discuss!
- November Wrap-Up
Next week on FYFA:
- Snow Like Ashes and Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch (Review)
- Did I Mention I Love You? by Estelle Maskame (Review & Giveaway)
- 2016 Discussion Challenge Sign-Up
- List of 2016 Reading and Book Blogging Challenges
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish. 🙂
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Laura over at Boats Against the Current talks about the not-so-childish beginnings of 6 Fairytales Disney Cleaned Up
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Silvara at Fantasy of the Silver Dragon is hosting the Monthly Wrap-Up Round-Up giveaway this month and she’s giving away an adorable book charm (made by Cait over at Paper Fury!!)
- Cait is celebrating one year of being Paper Fury with a giveaway!
- Rafflecopter is giving away an Apple iPad Air!
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a Kindle Paperwhite and a $50 gift card!
- Win a Kindle Fire & a Mystery Box From Crimson Tree Publishing & Clean Teen Publishing
- Author S.M. Boyce is giving away a Paperwhite Kindle for the holidays!
- Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight has a Black Friday giveaway where you can win a book or bookish item of your choice!
- Michelle over at Book Briefs is participating in a tour that’s giving away three finished copies of Forbidden by Eve Bunting.
- Cynthia is celebrating Bingeing on Books’ first blogoversary by giving away any book she’s reviewed!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!