Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
A little bit quiet around here this week. I’ve been working away on an editing project with a tight deadline, which always makes me feel a little disconnected from the rest of the world. It’s going well (and quickly, thankfully), but I’ve got a few other projects as well and will probably be pretty busy until mid-April. So you might see a little less of me until then.
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Painting Rain by Annette K. Larsen – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a $50 gift card!
- A Faerie Tale: The Enchanted by Genevra Thorne – Giveaway & Author Top Ten List – Still time to enter to win an ebook copy of this fun historical faerie story!
- The Others Series by Anne Bishop – Series (so far) Review
- How Much Do You Read? – Let’s Discuss! – Discussion and a fun quiz!
Not on my blog – but make sure to head on over to Bingeing On Books. Cynthia is hosting the February Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway this month and you can enter to win a February release of your choice!
Next week on FYFA:
- Threats of Sky and Sea by Jennifer Ellision – Audiobook Review
- Let’s Discuss – Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Only one birthday coming up next week (and she told me just in time!). I hope you’ll stop on by her blog and send her some cheer in honor of her special day! (And check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up.)
- Mar 18th – AJ @ Read All the Things‘ Birthday
I won an ARC of this one from Writing My Own Fairy Tale‘s Friday Grab Bag!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
As always, so many amazing discussions going on! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Laura @ Boats Against the Current talks about Finding Your Place In The Blogosphere.
- Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight tells us about Ten Things that Turn Her Off in Book Blurbs.
- AJ @ Read All the Things talks about the difficulties of reviewing memoirs in her post: I Review Books, Not People.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- March Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your March discussions here and enter the giveaway!!
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye – Still time to enter to win an autographed ARC of The Crown’s Game
- Pre-order Emery Lord’s WHEN WE COLLIDED and receive a stunning postcard book!
- Pre-order THE CROWN’S GAME and receive some special goodies! So far, it’s a bookmark and a sticker, but as more books are pre-ordered, more swag will be unlocked!
- Pre-order THE GLITTERING COURT by Richelle Mead and get a welcome kit containing gemstone tattoos and a guide to The Glittering Court. You’ll also be entered for the chance to win the Glittering Court Grand Prize for you and a friend to start new lives of glamor and adventure.
- Pre-order WALK THE EDGE and receive access to exclusive bonus content from Katie McGarry. Plus, you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to appear in book 3 of the Thunder Road series!
- Pre-order A COURT OF MIST AND FURY, the second book in the Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas, to receive a series tote bag!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- It’s Brittany @ The Book Addict’s Guide’s birthday and she’s celebrating with two different giveaways!
- Head over to Lilybloombooks for a chance to win one of 2 Copies of You Were Here by Cori McCarthy.
- Head over to Lost in Literature for a chance to win The Total Package by Stephanie Evanovich.
- Head over to Girl of 1000 Wonders for a chance to win Signed Copies of V is for Virgin & A is for Abstinence by Kelly Oram.
- Head over to It Starts at Midnight for a chance to win a Paperback Copy of Nora & Kettle.
- Head over to Book Briefs for a chance to win a Paperback copy of The Vault of Dreamers or a chance to win a Copy of In Real Life by Jessica Love.
- Lots of blogs participating in the Lucky Is Reading Giveaway Hop!
- Lori over at Writing My Own Fairy Tale does a Friday Grab Bag where she gives away an ARC from her ARC list (I won a couple of weeks ago!!)
- Alyssa at The Devil Orders Takeout is celebrating her birthday with some fun giveaways!
- Head over to Pandora’s Books for a chance to win a Pre-Order of Unrivaled by Alyson Noel.
- Head over to The Irish Banana for a chance to win A Harper Teen Summer 2016 Catalog prizepack of 45+ books and A Finished Copy PreOrder of Any Book Featured On the Tour!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
I honestly forgot it was my birthday this week until I was looking at your blogger birthdays calendar. Oops.
Also, thank you for giving my memoir post a shout out. I don’t know many bloggers who review memoirs, so the comments have been interesting.
Oh, how funny!! Glad I could remind you.
Oh nice!! A WIN!! YAY! And yay for a small haul! Those are the best!! You add just a bit to get something new but nothing to frightening for the TBR pile and better yet, it was a win! So it’s no fault of your to add to it! LOL!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
Yeah, lately I’ve been really trying not to add many books to my TBR. I’ve been doing well so far!
Good luck with your editing projects! I feel like I’m going to start getting pretty busy soon too, but hopefully I’ll be around somewhat. 🙂
You always link to some of the best stuff, Nicole! Thanks for sharing as always!
I think the best post I’ve posted this week is a discussion post on why I rarely post Top Ten Tuesday posts nowadays – for me, I was really nervous about posting it, because I didn’t want to ‘hate’ on this meme – but the blogging community was so supportive of me, and they didn’t take what I said to be ‘hate’. It really made me appreciate the community so much more haha!
But yeah that’s my highlight for this week – it was great to hear yours! 😀
I’ve been thinking of reading Vanishing Girls since I’d like to read more of Lauren Oliver’s stuff- nice win! And thanks for the links! Hope it’s a good week.
Thank you so much for featuring my blogversary giveaways, Nicole 😀 😀
You’re very welcome, Alyssa! Always happy to help spread the word!
I’m glad the week has been busy with freelance work. That’s always a good thing, when work is coming in and makes life busy. I’d rather have that than twiddling my thumbs! 🙂
Good luck with your projects! The yearbook is coming to a close – only two pages left to tweak, insert backgrounds, and it is done! Stress levels are high right now. Does that make us produce better work? Hmm.
Thanks for the link up! 🙂
Yay for winning an ARC! And good luck with all the projects. Also, I want to say thank you because you’re one of the only people who actually gets my blog name right, haha.