Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Hello, everyone! Happy 2016! I hope you all had a wonderful New Year’s celebration. We had a low-key holiday at home, playing card and dice games with the family. Oh, and my son and I have been bonding over his new video game – Splatoon. I have found that I LOVE to watch him play – it’s given me something new to work out to, and it makes the time go by even faster than watching Once Upon a Time does. (And he loves the fact that he’s been sometimes getting extra electronics time so I can watch!) I can’t believe that next week is back to the normal routine – it’s been a crazy few weeks around here!
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Bite Sized Reviews & Giveaway: Dark Hope, A Memory of Light and Those Who Remain – Still time to enter to win a paperback copy of Those Who Remain!
- Thicker Than Water by Brigid Kemmerer – Review
- January Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway – Join us for the 2016 Discussion Challenge and link up your January discussions here! You can also enter to win a 2016 pre-order!
- 2015 End of Year Book Survey
- My 2016 Reading/Blogging Challenges
Next week on FYFA:
- Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine – Review
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch – Review
- Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn – Review
- Replying to comments on older posts – Let’s Discuss
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Just one blogoversary coming up next week. I hope you’ll stop on by Alexandra’s blog and send her some cheer in honor of her special day!! (And check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up.)
- Jan 3rd – Milky Way of Books‘ Blogoversary!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Cait @ Paper Fury was nominated for the Epic Reads 2015 Book Shimmy Awards. It’s in the Final Rounds now (as of Christmas), so even if you voted in the semi-finals, you should go back and vote in this round!!
- Jess over at Meet Your Favorite Book tells about how book-centric Christmas is in Iceland!
- Besides that, I’ve mostly kept myself busy with reading everyone’s 2015 recap posts!! I plan to start in on the new discussions for the 2016 Discussion Challenge today, though!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- The Undays of Aralias Lyons by K.L. Horvath – Still time to enter to win a signed paperback!
- This is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp (Review & Giveaway) – Last chance to enter to win a Polaroid camera (and to get a lanyard if you pre-order!)
- December Discussion Challenge Link-up and Giveaway – Last chance to link up your December discussion posts and enter to win a surprise book (you tell us a few books you’d like and we’ll surprise you with one of them)!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Stuck in Books is celebrating their fifth blogoversary with several giveaways! So far, they’ve posted a chance to win Lux Beginnings, Consequences & Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout and Pawn by Aimee Carter.
- Lots of blogs participating in the Snowed In? So Read. Giveaway Hop!
- Wendy over at Book Scents is doing an End of Year Shelf-Cleaning Giveaway!
- Alicia over at Shooting Stars Mag is giving away Signed copies of Winter and Fairest, Signed hardcovers of An Ember in the Ashes and The Wrath and the Dawn, AND Signed copies of Rule and Racing the Sun!
- Jamie over at The Perpetual Page Turner has eight days of bookish Etsy giveaways going on for her A Very Handmade Holiday event!
- Last chance to enter the giveaways that are part of the Holiday Giveaway Hop!
- Tonya at After Hours at Lilybloombooks is giving away an ebook copy of one of her favorite 18+ reads from 2015!
- It’s YA Midnight Reads’ third blogoversary and they’re celebrating with a giveaway. There’s one for Aussie readers and one INT!
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight is giving away bookish Christmas presents on her blog!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!