Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Happy Valentine’s Day to those of you who celebrate it! We don’t really, since it’s right after my birthday, but my hubby and I did go out to dinner last night as a birthday/Valentines celebration. All three of our kiddos are gone this weekend at an overnight camp with church, so we had a day of freedom yesterday! That’s never happened before! We actually didn’t do all that much to take advantage, but we did enjoy the quiet!
I’ve been working on another proofreading project, and I’m really enjoying the book (huge bonus in my line of work), so the job has been very pleasant indeed. Somehow on the blog I managed to schedule several New Adult reads in a row – not sure how that happens sometimes – just when things end up falling, I guess. And then I’ll be starting out next week with a MG read, which feels a bit strange. In fact, I might push that one to later in the week …
Other than that, I’ve just been trying to catch up on blogging and life now (after the gymnastics meet last week sucked all of my time away). I managed to read and comment on all the discussion posts that have gone up so far (as of yesterday – you guys are rock stars and have been posting so many amazing discussions!), so now I just need to catch up on replying and commenting back! I’m getting there!
Here’s what you may have missed last week:
- Birthday & Third Blogoversary Giveaway – To celebrate my special days, I’ve decided that my followers need the chance to win books!
- Call Me, Maybe by Ellie Cahill – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a $25 gift card!
- Some Books Just Aren’t All That Memorable – Let’s Discuss
- To the Stars by Molly McAdams – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a signed copy of Letting Go and To The Stars and a $50 Amazon or Barnes and Noble gift card!
- Stardust Destiny by Nazarea Andrews – Review & Giveaway – Still time to enter to win a signed paperback copy of STARDUST DESTINY with notes from Nazarea & a deleted scene!
- January Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway – Enter to win a stack of books (US) or a book of your choice (INT)
Next week on FYFA:
- Underground by Janelle Stalder – Review – This is going up later today!
- After the Woods by Kim Savage – Traveling ARC Review & Giveaway
- Abe Lincoln and the Selfie that Saved the Union by David Potter – MG Review
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Believe it or not, there are no birthdays or blogoversaries coming up this week. But there are SIX coming up next week, so be sure to check back here next Sunday!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Woo hoo! I caught up on discussions in our discussion challenge, so I read a plethora of fantastic discussions this week! Here are just a few of my favorites:
- Emma over at The Eggplant Emoji came to a bit of an epiphany and asks Is it actually better to watch the movie first?
- Silvara over at Fantasy of the Silver Dragon asks Do You Tweet Reviews To Publishers?
- Sara the Library Huntress asks Will Not Posting Every Day Kill Your Blog?
- SJ at A Tree Grows in Bookland gives us The Secret to Being a Happy Blogger.
- Kristen at Metaphors and Moonlight talks about Time Skips in Books.
- Katy at wildeonmyside writes about Terrible Mothers in Fiction.
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight asks Can a Bookperson Love Too Many Books?
- Remember how I wrote that post about the cover model I was seeing everywhere? (I even made a Goodreads list for him!) Well, someone else took note as well. Joey at Thoughts and Afterthoughts writes about Why Your Book Boyfriend is a Cheater.
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- February Discussion Challenge Link-Up and Giveaway! – Link up your February discussions here and enter the giveaway!
- The Prophecy of Shadows by Michelle Madow – Last chance to enter to win a Kindle Fire!
- The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye – Still time to enter to win an autographed ARC of The Crown’s Game
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Lots of blogs participating in the New Release Giveaway Hop!
- And then there’s the #WOW2016 Valentine’s Day Blog Hop!
- Head over to It Starts at Midnight to win a Paperback Copy of Earth’s End or 2 E-book copies of Earth’s End and a Hardcover of REBEL OF THE SANDS by Alwyn Hamilton
- Clean Teen Publishing is giving away a Clean Teen Publishing Gift Basket with Kindle Fire, Books, Swag, and More!
- Author Hannah Fielding is giving away a £100/$150 Amazon Gift Card!
- Head over to The Irish Banana for a chance to win A Harper Teen Summer 2016 Catalog prizepack of 45+ books and A Finished Copy PreOrder of Any Book Featured On the Tour!
- Kissin’ Blue Karen has a giveaway for a hardcover of REBEL OF THE SANDS by Alwyn Hamilton.
- Jessica over at A GREAT Read is celebrating her 7th blogoversary with a giveaway – enter to win $20 worth of books!
- Tonya at Lilybloombooks is celebrating her 3rd blogoversary and she’s giving away a Kindle Fire (US) and Two Books from TBD (INT)
- Help your favorite Indie bookstore gain the chance to win $3000 and you get a chance to win a $50 gift card in the process!
- Stuck in Books is celebrating their fifth blogoversary with LOTS of giveaways! Some of them have ended, but there’s still quite a few going on, so just check their sidebar – the current ones are all listed there!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!