Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Our co-op performances are all done!! The kids did a fantastic job and they went smoothly – I was especially super proud of my daughter and her best friend who both sang beautiful solos for the song “Legacy” by Nichole Nordeman.
Now that the performance is over, I’ll have a lot more time to catch up on blog stuff. Last week, I didn’t post a true discussion post, but I did do an infographic (which is basically a discussion if you read the text!). It was lots of fun! Next week, I’m hoping to post some info on BEA – some tips and such! Last year, by this time, I’d already done that!
Here’s what you may have missed this past week:
- A Completely Useless (but kind of fun) Bookish Infographic – Check out my infographic on my brain’s responses to self-help non-fiction vs. fiction.
- Gods of Anthem by Logan Keys – Audiobook Review
- The Daydreamer Detective by S.J. Pajonas – Review (Plus Bite-Sized Reviews of Her Short Stories)
- Bite-Sized Reviews from My Favorite Aussie Author – C.J. Duggan (and a Cover Reveal!)
And, while this wasn’t technically on my blog, Kissin’ Blue Karen is hosting the Monthly Wrap-up Round-up Giveaway this month, so head over there and check it out!
Next week on FYFA:
I’m lucky I made it through this week. Plan for next week? Um, no. But I AM planning on introducing you all to my mom, who’s going to contribute to my blog! Yep, I conned her into it. She reads pretty much all the books I read, so I convinced her she has to write a review or two. (So be nice to her – she’s shy!)
- Some reviews
- Let’s Discuss – Something bookish! Maybe the upcoming BEA? 🙂
ARC April Update:
So far, I’ve read three books for ARC April (and I’m in the middle of another), but I’ve only posted my review for one of them (The Mirror King). More reviews coming soon!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
A couple of birthdays coming up next week. If you have a chance, I hope you’ll stop by these blogs and send the bloggers some cheer in honor of their special days! (And check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up.)
- Apr 22 – Ashley @ Ashleyz Wonderland‘s Birthday
- Apr 23 – Shay @ The Story Goes‘… Birthday
Nothing this week!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
The discussion challenge is still going strong – it amazes me how many new discussions get posted every single day! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight shares her wisdom in Headed to BEA? Stuff I Learned Along the Way!
- AJ @ Read All the Things asks Has Reading Helped Shape Your Worldview?
- Kristen @ Metaphors and Moonlight asks How Much Science Do You Like in Science Fiction?
- Chiara does a thought provoking guest post over at Chasing Faerytales about LGBTQIA + Erasure in the Book Blogging Community.
Octavia @ Read. Sleep. Repeat. and Whitley @ Reading With a Vengeance are hosting a BEA Blogger Dinner. If you’re planning on being at BEA, make sure you head over there and sign up. I want to meet all of you!!!
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- April Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your April discussion posts and enter to win a book of your choice!
- Pre-order IVORY & BONE by Julie Eshbaugh and get a swag pack – you’ll also be entered to win other prizes!
- Pre-order RUINED by Amy Tintera and get a swag pack!
- Pre-Order THE STAR-TOUCHED QUEEN and receive 1 of 500 sets of flash tattoos!
- Pre-Order LET THE WIND RISE by Shannon Messenger and get a swag pack (with chances for more swag packs if you order the earlier books in the series as well).
- Pre-order the paperback of MORE HAPPY THAN NOT by Adam Silvera (or buy it during release week) and receive a Leteo Institute Brochure.
- Pre-order THE PROBLEM WITH FOREVER by Jennifer L. Armentrout and get immediate access to an extended excerpt from the book and a swag pack.
- Pre-order GIRL AGAINST THE UNIVERSE by Paula Stokes and receive a swag pack, plus you’ll be entered to win a bigger prize!
- Pre-order Renee Ahdieh’s THE ROSE AND THE DAGGER and receive a deluxe art print featuring a quote and scene from THE WRATH AND THE DAWN, beautifully illustrated by Helen Yoon.
- Pre-order Evelyn Skye’s THE CROWN’S GAME and receive some special goodies! So far, it’s a bookmark, a sticker and three trading cards, but as more books are pre-ordered, more swag will be unlocked!
- Pre-order A COURT OF MIST AND FURY, the second book in the Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas, to receive a series tote bag!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
There are tons of giveaways going on around the blogosphere!
- Head over to Emerald City Book review for a chance to win your choice of one Elizabeth Goudge’s books from Hendrickson.
- Cilla over at Paved With Books is celebrating her first blogoversary by giving away a book of your choice!
- Laura at 125 Pages is also celebrating her first blogoversary and she has a few giveaways going on to celebrate it! Check them all out! (Plus, make sure you head over to her blog on the 29th to read my guest post.)
- Brittany @ The Book Addict’s Guide is celebrating her 4th blogoversary by giving away a Prize Pack of 2016 ARCs!
- Head over to Second Run reviews for a chance to win a Kindle copy of The Undays of Aralias Lyons. I proofread this book, and really enjoyed it, so I was very excited to see that Terri loved it too!
- Terri is also celebrating the one year anniversary of her In the Spotlight feature with a giveaway! There are several prizes, including copies of books she’s spotlighted, swag, and a $25 Amazon gift card!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Showers of Books Giveaway Hop.
- Clean Teen Publishing has a new giveaway with $120 worth of audiobook prizes!
- Zeee at I Heart Romance and YA is celebrating her birthday by giving away a Box of Books!
- Chapter Break is celebrating its two year blogoversary with a GIANT giveaway!
- Lori over at Writing My Own Fairy Tale does a Friday Grab Bag where she gives away an ARC from her ARC list.
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
Glad to hear the performances went well, Nicole. So the school year is almost over now?
Good luck with catching up on blogging stuff and thanks for promoting my In the Spotlight giveaway!
Our co-op school year is (pretty much) over – it doesn’t go as long as a regular school year. Gives us some time to catch up on things we might have been avoiding (like history – I’ve been horrible about teaching history this year!)
Oh we got the same books!! LOL!
So excited about BEA!! Never got the chance to go so I am pretty psyched! Can’t wait for the blogger dinner and just everything!! Yay!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
I know – I’m excited to see you there. I’m sure we’ll manage to chat in the lines a lot – I did a lot of chatting when I went two years ago!
Aw, cute photo of your daughter! I’m glad her solo and all the other projects went so well. That’s awesome your mom is going to help do reviews! I’ve had my mom and sister on my blog – along with random other people before. It’s fun!
I’m excited that I’ve convinced her. She wants to come to BEA with me, so I told her she has to blog – only bloggers and industry people allowed! 🙂
So glad your daughter did well with her solo – geat picture of it too!! So much fun that your mom will contributing to the blog too. Hope you have a great week!
Aw, thanks – I was really proud of her!
Eeep! I just kinda lost it with your pre-order deal section because, 1. I want to pre-order The Rose & the Dagger and NEED TO NOW because I WANT that swag!! And 2. You reminded me that I’ll be getting and ACOTAR Tote because of my ACOMAF pre-order 😀 YAY! Have a wonderful week my friend ♥
That pre-order section is so dangerous for me to write because I end up wanting to order them all – even books I had no interest in before! So far, I’ve (mostly) used self-restraint. 🙂
That’s wonderful that your daughter did so well, and I love how proud you are of your kids 🙂 But it seems like things will be a lot less stressful with performances over!
And how fun that your mom will be contributing to your blog! We’ll be nice, scout’s honor 😛
Thanks for sharing my post, and have a great week!
Yes, things are definitely less stressful after performance week – it can get pretty crazy around here leading up to it!
Yay for your daughter, and welcome to your mom — I’m think she’ll find us an appreciative audience.
I just posted a giveaway in honor of author Elizabeth Goudge’s birthday, which I’ll be celebrating next week. Some really nice books on offer there from the publisher who’s been reprinting them.
I added your giveaway to the list, Lory!
That will be so cool that your mom is going to post! Can’t wait to read what she does! I always love how you post links to all the giveaways that you know of. You can check out my Sunday Post in the link below.
I always have fun searching out giveaways to link up. Of course, it makes this post take three times as long because I have to stop and enter them all. 🙂
I love that your mom is going to post, that will be so fun to read her reviews. I know you must be proud of your daughter, she’s gorgeous too, btw. Thanks for all the links (and the shout out). Have a great week!
I’m excited to have my mom with me on the blog. I’ve been trying to convince her to contribute for a long time, but she always says she “can’t write.” Silly, silly, Mom. 🙂
What a good photo! I could never have done something like that at her age. I wasn’t comfortable in front of people until I was basically out of college. I’ve had a lazy-ish week and I plan on having another! So cute that your mom is contributing!
Me either! She’s so much braver than I ever was at her age.
Ah, that’s awesome your mom will be posting!!! 🙂 and your daughter looks so cute! 🙂
Are you going to BEA this year?
Yes! BEA is practically in my backyard, so I’m definitely going! I’m sad that you won’t be there! 🙁 (Someday we’ll meet again.)
I’m so glad the performances went well! Congratulations on making it through! And how fun that your mom is going to contribute to the blog. 🙂 I love it.
I’ve been trying to convince her for a long time, so I’m glad she’s joining me!
So glad your performances are over and I’m so glad they went well! Good luck on catching up on things!
Thanks! Performance week is fun but definitely a little stressful!
I didn’t know about the A Court of Mist and Fury pre-order offer. So glad I saw that! I loved ACOTAR even though I rarely reach for fantasy. So excited for the second book. And now for a tote bag. Nice! 🙂
I’m always so tempted to pre-order ALL the books when I list them! So many fun extras!
Aw, I’m so happy to hear that the co-op performances and your daughter’s solo went wonderfully! And that’s so exciting that your mom is going to start reviewing here! I can’t wait see her first post!
My mom and I will be doing a joint review of Soundless – coming up in the next day or two! 🙂
So much information found in one spot! This is fantastic!
Also, great work on ARC April so far 🙂
I have a fun time putting this together every week! It seems like it grows and grows!!
Nice weekly wrap-up! It looks like you had a busy (but fun) week! Nice job on ARC April so far. I’ve only read 3 books as well!