The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on my blog and share news about what’s coming up in the week ahead.
What’s been happening since my last Sunday Post:
NaNoWriMo (sort of): It’s been almost a month since I last posted a Sunday Post. I’ve been working a bit more lately, and I’m also participating in NaNoWriMo in a roundabout way. I’m not worrying about wordcount, but I’m just trying to write every day (and if I miss a day, make it up by writing longer on another day). And I’ve been successful, so I guess it’s going well!
Another random tidbit that has nothing to do with anything: My daughter Jade just told me that every time she sees the cover of THE LUMINARIES (which has been sitting on the end table in the family room since I finished it) she has to remind herself that it’s an animal skull and not… (warning – once you read this, you won’t be able to unsee it) a cuddly elephant. Take a look and tell me you don’t see it now too…
What I Read:
- I read The Luminaries by Susan Dennard. I have no idea why I waited so long to read it. Loved this book!
- I finished listening to Ophie’s Ghosts by Justina Ireland. This book is an impactful historical fiction paranormal mystery – it has so much going for it!
- Then I listened to The Marvellers by Dhonielle Clayton. Kids who crave magic school books will be enthralled with this one!
- Next I listened to Instructions for Dancing by Nicola Yoon. I bought this one using an Audible credit a long time ago. I have no idea why it took me so long to listen to it. (This seems to be a theme!) I really enjoyed the romance and humor in this one.
- Finally, I started listening to The Heaven & Earth Grocery Store by James McBride. This book was voted the Barnes & Noble Book of the Year, so I thought it would be good to read it. (I hate it when people ask me about a big B&N book and I have to say, “I haven’t read it, but I’ve heard it’s fantastic!”) I’m not far into it yet, but it’s gotten such rave reviews, I’m excited to listen!
What I Watched:
- I’ve added Ink Master to my random reality TV watching.
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog since my last Sunday Post:
- NOVEMBER 2023 DISCUSSION CHALLENGE LINK-UP & GIVEAWAY!
- BITE-SIZED REVIEWS OF RUPTURED, ENEMIES IN THE ORCHARD, SKANDAR AND THE PHANTOM RIDER, INK GIRLS, AND THE LUMINARIES
NEW Pre-order Campaigns
Head over to my Pre-Order Campaigns Page to see ALL of the pre-order deals, including pictures!!
I’m sorry, guys, I know I haven’t been keeping on top of these, but it’s now almost 10:30 and I’ve been up since before 6:00 (served on worship team at church and then went straight to work). And since I haven’t been sleeping much at all lately, I just can’t manage to stay awake much longer. I’ll try to update the list soon!
Lots of good stuff! Have any news? Feel free to share in the comments!