Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Well, my kids started a couple of their co-op classes this past week. The nice thing is that we get to ease our way into the school year because some of their classes have started but not all of them. I managed (after jumping through some hoops) to get my 14-year-old signed up for a Japanese I class at our local community college, which he’s very excited about. He starts that class next week. I’m trying to get my curriculum all worked out for my co-op classes that start in September as well. And I take my final exam for my first copyediting class this coming week too. Lots going on!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog:
- Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi – A Whimsical Review
- Bite-Sized Reviews – Treason, Just a Girl, and Me Before You
- How Reading Can Help Us “See” Hidden Disabilities. Let’s Discuss! – I wrote this discussion to go along with the Shattering Stigmas event, an event dedicated to mental health that’s being hosted by Shannon over at It Starts at Midnight (and is also being featured on a few other blogs).
Next week on FYFA:
- Been Here All Along by Sandy Hall – Review & Giveaway
- Some other reviews. See my fantastic planning? I know, you’re in awe.
- Let’s Discuss – something bookish!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
A few blogoversaries and birthdays this week! I hope you’ll visit these bloggers and congratulate them on their special days! Also, check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form!)
- August 25th – Book Haven‘s Blogoversary
- August 25th – Lola @ Lola’s Reviews‘ Birthday
- August 26th – Lisa @ Reading, Writing, and Random Musings‘ Birthday
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are some of my favorite posts I read this week:
- Check out all of the posts for the Shattering Stigmas event, which sheds light on mental health issues.
- Kristen over at Metaphors and Moonlight asks Are Abandoned Series Still Worth It? and How Different Would Humans Be if We were Immortal Like Paranormal Creatures?
- AJ over at Read All the Things shares what she’s learned after three years of blogging.
- Chat Between Chapters (on Chapter Break) talks about Social Media Posting
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed above)
- July Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway! – Still time to enter to win! (You didn’t have to participate in the wrap-up round-up to enter the giveaway.)
- August Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway
- The Memory Book by Lara Avery – My Black Sheep Review (& Giveaway) – Last chance to enter to win my ARC of the book!
- Children Shouldn’t Play With Dead Things and Dark Dreams and Dead Things by Martina McAtee – Last chance to enter to win a $25 gift card!
- Pre-order LABYRINTH LOST by Zoraida Cordova and the first 100 pre-orders will get a full color poster of the book’s map!
- Pre-order THE READER by Traci Chee and receive a free limited edition art print.
- Pre-order LITTLE BOT AND SPARROW by Jake Parker and enter to receive a signed print (while supplies last) by Jake Parker. All entrants are also automatically entered for a chance to win one of five custom prints by Jake!
- Pre-order FURTHERMORE to get a fox pin & the chance to win Tahereh Mafi’s favorite things!
- Pre-order CROOKED KINGDOM by Leigh Bardugo or the SIX OF CROWS DUOLOGY Boxed Set and you’ll get a fancy dice set in a branded pouch and a signed bookplate.
- Pre-order METALTOWN by Kristen Simmons and you can enter to win one of four fabulous prize packs!
- Pre-order A TORCH AGAINST THE NIGHT by Sabaa Tahir to receive an Ember in the Ashes tote!
- Pre-order FALLING FREE by Shannan Martin and get some fun (and unique!) freebies!
- Pre-order AS I DESCENDED by Robin Talley to receive bookmarks and stickers featuring the book’s beautiful cover, plus a signed bookplate!
- Pre-order STEALING SNOW by Danielle Paige to receive a compact mirror!
- Pre-order Sarah J. Maas’s EMPIRE OF STORMS to receive a ToG notebook and/or preorder THE THRONE OF GLASS COLORING BOOK and get a ToG coloring pencils set!!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
Again, lots of giveaways going on around the blogosphere this week!!!
- Head over to It Starts at Midnight for the Shattering Stigmas giveaway!
- Head over to Lost in Literature for a chance to win a Copy of Furthermore, a Set of 3 Rifle Paper Co. Journals + a “Break the Rules” Letter Opener
- It’s Reading Diva’s 5th Blogoversary and she’s celebrating with a few different giveaways! Enter to win a Paperback of It Ends with Us: A Novel by Colleen Hoover and more!
- Head over to A.G. Howard’s blog to enter to win Signed Paperbacks, Posters, & Swag from both Howard and Wendy Higgins!
- Scholastic is sponsoring a Back-to-School Giveaway with lots of prizes!
- Head over to Owl Always Be Reading for a chance to win a signed copy of IT ENDS WITH US + Souvenir Magnet
- Star-Crossed Book blog has six giveaways going for their blogoversary: – a chance to win The Distance Between Us by Kasie West, The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa, The Iron King by Julie Kagawa, Angelfall by Susan Ee, The Unearthly Trilogy by Cynthia Hand and The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton
- Ali over at Arctic books is celebrating her blogoversary with a giveaway!
- Joy over at JOYOUSREADS is giving away a $100 Gift Card for her five year bogoversary!!
- ANOTHER blogoversary!! (There are so many right now!) – Lisa @ Lisa Loves Literature is celebrating her 7th blogoversary with a giveaway!!
- Clean Teen Publishing is doing a back-to-school giveaway!
- Head over to Read Write Love28 for a chance to win a Swag Pack including LIMITED postcards, buttons, and stickers for Girl in Pieces
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!