Last week on FYFA (and in my life):
Not much new to say this week. My daughter’s been sick for the past few days, so we’ve seen about 4,000 episodes of Phineas and Ferb. Luckily, it’s a pretty cute show!
I posted two authors’ Top Ten Addictions lists this week. Make sure you check them out! I love these posts because they’re a quick and fun way to get to know a little bit about an author!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog last week:
- Reviews of the Miso Cozy Series by S.J. Pajonas & Pajonas’s Top Ten Addictions
- Seven Days of You by Cecilia Vinesse – Review and Vinesse’s Top Ten Addictions
- My Haphazard Reading Habits. Let’s Discuss!
Next week on FYFA:
- London Bound by C.J. Duggan – Review
- Probably some other reviews?
- Let’s Discuss: Something bookish! 🙂
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Lots of birthdays and blogoversaries again this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- March 21st – Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews‘ Birthday
- March 22nd – Emma @ Words And Peace‘s Birthday
- March 22nd – Tia @ Read It Write Now‘s Birthday
- March 23rd – Girl Plus Books‘ Blogoversary
- March 23rd – Sophie Reads YA‘s Blogoversary
I have yet to read a book by Emery Lord and I’ve heard so many amazing things about her, so I jumped at the chance to review The Names They Gave Us. And I loved Karole Cozzo’s last book, so when I saw that XPresso was organizing a tour for her latest, The Truth About Happily Ever After, I decided I had to sign up!
I’m excited to be participating in the tour for Julie Buxbaum’s next book, What to Say Next. Thanks, Delacorte Press!
I got this handy dandy book light as a gift from Michelle over @ Hooked to Books for my birthday/blogoversary! It’s great because it has three different brightnesses and you can put the lights into just about any position. So incredibly sweet of Michelle to send it to me! Thank you!!
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
Here are a few posts I loved this week:
- Zeee @ I Heart Romance & YA asks Will You Ever Read the Book if the Movie Sucked?
- Susie @ Girl with Her Head in a Book tells us about her Top Ten Authors Who Hated Their Own Work
- Kristen @ Metaphors & Moonlight compares High School in Real Life vs. High School in Books
- Pre-order IT STARTED WITH GOODBYE by Christina June and get a bonus chapter from before ISWG begins! (ends 5/8)
- Pre-order DEFY THE STARS by Claudia Gray to receive a FREE EXCLUSIVE sticker! (ends 4/3)
- Pre-order BRANDED by Eric Smith and you’ll get a set of signed postcards of the covers, an Inked and Branded quote postcard set designed by author and illustrator Ashley Poston, and a handful of temporary tattoos! (ends 5/22)
- Pre-order STRANGE THE DREAMER by Laini Taylor to receive a FREE original signed bookplate (a decorative label hand-signed by Laini Taylor to place in your copy of the book) and an EXCLUSIVE character decal (the first in a collectible series!) (ends 3/27)
- Pre-order ALEX AND ELIZA: A LOVE STORY by Melissa de la Cruz to receive a custom pin and signed bookplate! (ends 4/10)
- Pre-order GIRL IN DISGUISE by Greer Macallister and you’ll receive a designed, autographed bookplate and an exclusive poster!
You’ll also be entered to the win a GRAND PRIZE! (ends 3/20),
- Pre-order A COURT OF WINGS AND RUIN by Sarah J. Maas and receive an exclusive color poster of the official map! (ends 5/1)
- Pre-order GIRL OUT OF WATER by Laura Silverman and receive a signed postcard and playlist. You will also be entered to win one of two prize packs and one grand prize prize pack containing a $25 B&N gift card. (ends 5/1)
- Pre-order THE CROWN’S FATE by Evelyn Skye, and you can get a limited edition bookmark and a set of 3 stickers–Team Vika, Team Nikolai, and Team Pasha! Plus, there’s an additional giveaway if you order from Kepler’s. (ends 5/15)
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed with this week’s posts)
- March Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up your March discussions here and enter the giveaway!
- February Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway! – Come by and enter to win a book from my giveaway/trade list!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Head over to Shooting Stars Mag for The Ultimate Beauty and the Beast Giveaway!
- Lots of blogs participating in the March New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Enter to win a Clean Teen Publishing Mystery Box!
- With Love for Books always has a million giveaways going on. I’m not even going to try to list them all—just head over there and check them out!
- It’s Rebel Mommy Book Blog’s blogoversary, and she’s having a giveaway to celebrate!
- It’s Book Briefs’ 6th blogoversary and Michelle is celebrating with a huge giveaway!
- Head over to Happily Ever Chapter to enter to win 50 YA Books in the YALit Giveaway (INT). (Note that you’ll be subscribed to the sponsoring authors’ mailing lists, and there are a lot of them!)
- XPresso Book Tours is giving away a $50 gift card and more in honor of the new year!
- The Bookkeeper’s Secrets is doing a year-long giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!