The Ten Series I Haven’t Started (But Totally Plan To)
Okay, I need to start by saying that I JUST finished The Winner’s Curse series yesterday, so I’m feeling pretty darn proud of myself right about now. That’s a series that’s been on my TBR for ages, and I just binged all three books (in four days). But I will confess that there are MANY more series I still haven’t gotten to that I’ve been meaning to devour because you guys have flailed over them. I could probably list a hundred, but let’s go with ten, shall we?
Actually, let’s up the ante a little. I’m only going to list series where I have at least one of the books on my bookshelves—sadly, I could still easily list more than ten.
1. The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo (and Six of Crows)
I’m fairly certain I only own the first book in this trilogy, BUT I also own both of the Six of Crows books, so … yeah, I need to catch up with the rest of the world
2. Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children Trilogy by Ransom Riggs
I “bought” the first two of these recently at the Scholastic Books warehouse sale (technically, I earned them for by volunteering at the sale—I managed to earn over $140 to spend on books). I plan to read the first book and then watch the movie … one of these days.
3. Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu
I bought all three of these at one of Anderson’s YA Lit Conferences awhile back so that I could get them all signed. My mom read them right away after the conference, and she thought they were fantastic. I really think I’ll love this series, so why haven’t I read it yet?
4. The Young Elites Trilogy by Marie Lu
Ditto. (Except I think I only have the first two books because the third wasn’t out at the time.)
5. The School for Good and Evil Trilogy by Soman Chainani
My son has read all three of these. My plan was to read them around the same time he did. I think that was over a year ago. Sigh. (I think these also came from a Scholastic warehouse sale at some point.)
6. The Summer Trilogy by Jenny Han
I have to throw at least one contemporary series in here, right? (Most of the contemps I own are standalones.) I bought a ginormous book with all three books in it from Sam’s Club a long time ago because I know people love this series, but I still haven’t gotten to it.
7. All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness
I got the first book in this series from my OTSP Secret Sister (last year, I think?). But then I read several reviews that said the book was really slow and I got scared. What do you guys think? Should I read this one?
8. Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi
I’ve had the first book in this series for a long time and I just recently got the others from The Book Outlet (’cause, you know, you need to get to that $35 threshold for free shipping—darn you, Book Outlet for being so smart!). I loved Mafi’s MG Furthermore, so I’m guessing I’ll love this series too!
9. Alienated Trilogy by Melissa Landers
This is a pure, unadulterated case of cover love. When I saw the cover for the first book, I was instantly enthralled. Then the reviews started rolling in, and some of them were meh, so I didn’t pick the book up right away. BUT I couldn’t get this series out of my head. Every time I saw that cover anywhere I would automatically think, WANT! I finally got the book from Paperbackswap (in great condition, luckily), but I still haven’t read it. At least I can look at the pretty.
10. Shades of Magic Trilogy by V.E. Schwab
I finally became a Schwab convert when I read This Savage Song and ADORED it! I went to an author event at Anderson’s and bought all of the books they had in paperback (which I believe was the first two books in this series and Vicious)
Even More Series I Own (at Least One) and STILL Haven’t Read:
Here’s a little secret. I was lazy and only chose trilogies for this list because they fit really easily into the template I created for the first one and I had plenty of series to choose from! But I figured I’d give you a little list of the rest of the series I own, so you can tell me which ones I need to read!
- Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon – I only own the first, but I know I need to get to these.
- The Princess Diaries Series by Meg Cabot – Again, I only own the first. Do I need to read the whole series? I’m ashamed to admit I don’t know much about these except for the movie.
- Uglies Series by Scott Westerfield – I think I own a couple of these, and it’s a series I think I’d really like. Not sure why I haven’t jumped in.
- The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia – I won Beautiful Creatures and the second book from Shannon at It Starts at Midnight. But then I saw her review for the first one and she didn’t love it, so I’m not sure I should bother with it?
- Theodore Boone Series by John Grisham – I’m not a big Grisham fan, but somehow a YA series appeals to me more? I won this whole series and gave it to my son, but he hasn’t read it yet, so I can’t get his opinion.
- The Angel Trilogy by L.A. Weatherly – I’m ashamed to say that I won the third one in this series from Goodreads First Reads a LONG time ago, but I wasn’t paying attention to the fact that it was the third book in a series. I finally bought the first book from Book Outlet awhile back, but I still haven’t read them. Cringe.
- The Tiger Saga by Colleen Houck – I think I bought this entire series at a YA Lit Conference one year. Haven’t started it. Sigh.
- Anna Duology by Kendare Blake – I bought Anna Dressed in Blood at an author event at Anderson’s, but I didn’t realize until just this very moment that it’s a duology. That makes me want to get to it sooner! (Combined with my love for Three Dark Crowns)
- Everneath Trilogy by Brodi Ashton – I think I bought this because Colleen Hoover loved the series? Or some other author I adore? Who knows?
- Newsoul Trilogy by Jodi Meadows – I got the first book free at RT a few years ago, but I haven’t started the series yet!
- Something Strange and Deadly Trilogy by Susan Dennard – I actually bought this trilogy for my OTSP Secret Sister last year, but my dog ATE one of the books and I inherited it! (It’s actually still in perfectly good reading condition, but not fit to be a gift.)
- Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas – Okay, confession time. I did a survey two summers ago and said I’d read the series you guys chose for me. This one won, but I didn’t own any of the books, and by the time I got my hands on this one… I never read it. I have to confess that this series intimidates me because people seem to either love it or hate it. Still, I promised. I have failed you!!!
- Every Day Trilogy by David Levithan – This trilogy isn’t finished yet, so I shouldn’t feel so bad, right?
- Breathe Duology by Sarah Crossan – My mom recently read this one, but I haven’t gotten to it.
- Falling Kingdoms Series by Morgan Rhodes – Another one I bought at a YA Lit Conference at Anderson’s (those things are dangerous!).
- Taken Trilogy by Erin Bowman – I think I got the first book as a giveaway at RT a few years ago?
- For Darkness Shows the Stars Duology by Diana Peterfreund – I seriously did not even remember that I owned this book, but Goodreads says that I do, so… I’m pretty sure I told it that at some point. I’ll have to go hunt through my shelves because I know you guys have told me to read this one.
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken – Is this just a duology? I own the first, but haven’t read it yet. If it’s a duology, I might be more tempted.
Oh my gosh! I’m stopping there, even though there are definitely more series I could put on this list! This is really scary—I knew I had lots of unread books on my shelves, but once I start listing them out (and this is just series!), it seems a little bit crazy.