The First Ten Books I Reviewed
I thought it might be fun to do a little reminiscing with this post!
I started blogging in February of 2013. As a baby blogger I was pretty much just groping around in the dark with no concept of how to run a blog (or how to write a review, really). If you’re adventurous, you can click on the links and see how bad those original reviews really were (including their ugly formatting).
Hmmm… Lots of big faces on these covers. Was that a trend back then or did I just happen to review a bunch of books with that type of cover?
Anyway, on to the list:
- So, my very first review posted here was Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead. Yep, I started my blog by randomly reviewing the third book in a six book series. And it wasn’t even a new release. Why did I do this? Because it was the book I happened to be reading at the time and I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I mean, I guess it could have been worse–at least it was a popular series.
- Next was UnWholly by Neal Shusterman. Again, the second book in a series. Since this is my favorite series of all-time, and this book hadn’t been out for that long when I reviewed it (less than six months), I’ll give myself a pass. (Though I should have just reviewed the first book too!)
- Blood Promise by Richelle Mead. A continuation of the series (see book one). So, a bit of logic, I guess.
- Boundless by Cynthia Hand. The third book in a trilogy, BUT it was a new release. This one actually makes sense. Was I already starting to figure out this blogging thing? (I remember not being crazy about the way this series ended, but I guess I gave the book 3.5 stars–not too bad.)
- Requiem by Lauren Oliver. Again, third book in a trilogy, new release. (I remember really liking the end to this series–I gave it 4 stars, only .5 stars above Boundless. Isn’t it funny how memory works?)
- The Best of All Possible Worlds by Karen Lord. A random standalone that I found at the library (a relatively recent release). I actually didn’t remember this one at all, but apparently I liked it?
- Splintered by AG Howard. This is the first book that I specifically remember reading because I saw it on other blogs!! (I never did read the final book in the series though–this is one of those cases where I think I was afraid I wasn’t going to like how it ended.)
- The Secret Circle Series by LJ Smith. This was a very old series, but at least I reviewed the whole thing.
- Pivot Point by Kasie West. I LOVED this book!! (My first Kasie West.)
- Poison Princess by Kresley Cole. Never finished this series either. Guess I’d better get on that…
What were the first books you ever reviewed? I want to know!