This past week on FYFA (and in my life):
This week I’ve gotten back to a normal posting schedule. I got my list of 2018 challenges up (which takes me a long time to get together), and I’m trying to make sure I’m getting around the blogosphere and keeping up on my editing. Busy, busy!
If you were watching my blog like a hawk (or just happened upon it at the right time), you may have noticed my “Working List of 2018 Challenges” accidentally go up yesterday for a couple of hours—it even got tweeted. Oops! That was just supposed to be my list of the challenges I was still checking on, so I’m not sure how I managed to hit Publish. It’s gone now. Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Here’s what you may have missed on the blog this past week:
- 2018 Book Blog Discussion Challenge Sign-Up – It’s time! Sign up for 2018 today!
- Looking for a List of 2018 Reading/Book Blogging Challenges? Look No Further! – This is my master list, and it keeps growing! I’ve already added at least ten new challenges since I published it, so bookmark it and keep checking back!
- Bite-Sized Reviews of Rosemarked, Turtles All the Way Down, My Name Is Jason. Mine Too, and When in Rome
- November Wrap-Up Round-Up Giveaway (With a “Make Me Read It” Twist) – Check out everyone’s November wrap-up posts and enter to win the giveaway!
Next week on FYFA:
- The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson: A Dual Review with Danielle Hammelef
- The Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber: Review & Giveaway
- Island of Exiles & Sea of Strangers: Review & Giveaway (I know, I said I was posting this last week, but I had it in my calendar twice for some reason—I swear, it’s going up this time).
Latest FYFA Giveaway Winners!!:
- Sam D. won last month’s Wrap-Up Round-Up Make Me Read It giveaway, and she chose for us to read The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black. I’ve been meaning to read that one forever and I’m really liking it so far!
- Evelina @ Avalinah’s books won the November Discussion Challenge giveaway. The theme was books featuring Native Americans (or other aboriginal people), and she chose The Ways of My Grandmothers by Beverly Hungry Wolf, which sounds fascinating!
Book Blogger Birthdays and Blogoversaries:
Here are the birthdays and blogoversaries this week! I hope you’ll go wish these bloggers well on their special days! Make sure you check out the calendar to see what you might have just missed or what’s coming up. (If you want to be added to the calendar, you can always fill out the birthday/blogoversary form.)
- December 10th – Freda @ Freda’s Voice‘s Birthday
- December 12th – Geybie’s Book Blog‘s Blogoversary
- December 13th – Second Run Reviews‘ Blogoversary
- December 15th – Alexandra @ Milky Way of Books‘ Birthday
- December 15th – The Library Girl Writes‘ Blogoversary
- December 16th – Jessica @ a GREAT read‘s Birthday
I won a $20 Amazon gift card from Karen @ Kissin’ Blue Karen from her Black Friday Giveaway! Woo hoo! Thanks so much, Karen! I haven’t decided how to spend it yet…
Great Discussions/Goings On Around the Blogosphere:
- Shannon @ It Starts at Midnight does some Reverse Black Sheeping
- Laura @ thebookcorps writes An Open Letter to Netgalley and Goodreads regarding their new policies about international readers
- Ezrah @ I Heart Romance and YA gives us 4 Easy Peasy Ways to Automate Your Blog Posts
- Join Kimberlyfaye Reads for her Top 10 of 2017 end-of-year event!
Listed in order of release date. Any new deals that I just added to the list this week will be denoted with a *** so you can easily find them!
Please note: Almost all pre-order giveaways run “while supplies last,” so I can’t guarantee that they’ll be open until the date listed. Pre-0rder early for your best chance to get all the goodies!
- ***Pre-order CHAINBREAKER by Tara Sim to receive Character cards of Meena, Akash, and Zavier, as well as a bookmark and a special quote print! (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order HEART ON FIRE by Amanda Bouchet to receive a limited edition poster! (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order MEET CUTE by various authors, including Jennifer L. Armentrout, Dhonielle Clayton and Katie Cotugno, to receive a set of 6 pins based on the cover! (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order YOU’LL MISS ME WHEN I’M GONE by Rachel Lynn Solomon to receive a bookmark, a signed bookplate with evil eye pattern, and an exclusive short story that catches up with the protagonists five years later. You’ll also be entered to win a themed prize pack. (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order THE CRUEL PRINCE by Holly Black to receive a signed bookplate, enamel pin & bookmark. (ends 1/1)
- Pre-order NICE TRY, JANE SINNER by Lianne Oelke to receive a signed bookmark, two stickers, and a chance to win much, more more. (ends 11/7)
- Pre-order UNEARTHED by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner to receive an exclusive e-short set before the events of These Broken Stars, an autographed bookplate especially designed to go in your book, and a chance to get your name the sequel to Unearthed! (ends 1/8)
- ***Pre-order TRULY DEVIOUS by Maureen Johnson from select bookstores to receive a signed copy and an exclusive Maureen Johnson Detection Club sticker (ends 1/15)
- Pre-order LOVE, HATE AND OTHER FILTERS by Samira Ahmed to receive a custom button set! (Plus a signed, personalized copy and a hand-lettered art print, if you pre-order from Anderson’s) (ends 1/15)
- Pre-order IRON GOLD by Pierce Brown to receive an exclusive art print featuring the book’s characters! (ends 1/16)
- Pre-order ZENITH by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings to receive a Zenith necklace. (ends 1/16)
- Pre-order REIGN OF THE FALLEN by Sarah Glenn Marsh t0 receive a set of 7 beautiful character art cards, a bookmark and a signed bookplate. (ends 11/22)
- Pre-order LOLA DUTCH IS A LITTLE BIT MUCH and receive a digital package that includes: Coloring Pages, Paper Puppets, Mini Guided Learning Activities with Lola and much more! (ends 1/29)
- Pre-order REIGN THE EARTH by A.C. Gaughen to receive an exclusive map poster. (ends 1/29)
- Pre-order THE HAZEL WOOD by Melissa Albert to receive an exclusive set of 10 “tarot-inspired” character cards. (ends 1/29)
- Pre-order LOSING BRAVE by Bailee Madison & Stefne Miller to receive an exclusive swag pack, including a Bonus Chapter, exclusive video from Bailee Madison, and signed book poster! (ends 1/29)
- Pre-Order HEART OF IRON by Ashley Poston to receive 1 of 4 (or all 4, depending on where you order from) ultra-exclusive holographic character prints and a signed bookplate. (ends 2/26)
- Pre-order THE CASE FOR JAMIE by Brittany Cavallaro to receive a signed book and exclusive Charlotte Holmes swag. (ends 3/5)
Other Current Giveaways on FYFA:
(Besides the ones listed with this week’s posts)
- December Discussion Challenge Link-Up & Giveaway – Link up December discussion posts and enter to win the giveaway!
Even More Awesome Giveaways on Other Sites:
- Not exactly a giveaway, but Victoria Schwab is sending a personal holiday card and note to anyone who donates to Sea Legacy.
- S.J. Pajonas is giving away paperbacks of all three books in her sci-fi Nogiku Series!!
- YA authors Clara Kensie, Jessica Hawke, Derek Murphy, Melissa Craven, and Nicole Kelley are giving away a Twilight prize pack that includes the Illustrated Guide and swag!
- Lots of blogs participating in the Winter Is Coming Giveaway Hop!
- Fierce Reads is giving away all three of Emma Mills’ books.
- Enter to win this month’s NOVLbox from @TheNovl!
- Head over to Shooting Stars Mag for a chance to win a Box of Planner Supplies
- Win a year of books and wine from Page Habit and Bright Cellars
- Head over to We Live and Breathe Books for a chance to win a copy of THE TRUTH BENEATH THE LIES by Amanda Searcy
- Lots of blogs participating in the New Release Giveaway Hop!
- Head over to Stuck in Books for a chance to win the Owlcrate cover of Wild Beauty
- Enter to win the Smitten Word holiday giveaway extravaganza for a $50 Amazon gift card!
- Read It Forward is giving you the chance to win The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin
- It’s It Starts at Midnight’s four-year blogoversary!! Tell Shannon you love her and then enter her giveaway for (and I quote) “Whatever the Hell You Want (INT)“! (See why I love her so?)
- The Bookkeeper’s Secrets is doing a year-long giveaway!
Lots of good stuff! Have any giveaways or great discussions happening on your site right now? Feel free to share them in the comments!
Haha, it’s been awhile since I accidentally published a post, but that’s happened to me, too. I hope you have a good week!
Yeah, I guess I should figure out a better way to keep my master list, but it seemed so much more convenient to keep it in WordPress. I should probably just move it to a Word Doc so I don’t make that mistake again!
Just a few weeks I accidentally published a post. I think it’s something that happens to everyone.
Thank you for sharing all these giveaways and pre-orders deals. I wish I could join them, but the pre-orders deals aren’t for international readers.
Happy readings! 😉
I try to remember to make a note of the pre-order deals that apply to international readers, but I sometimes forget—I’ll try to be better about it in the future!
I almost accidentally published a review last night that was intended for two weeks from now. It happens to us every once in a while.
I am paring down my list of challenges for next year, but I’m trying to also find some diverse challenges that meet what my overall goals are. I am interested in playing that Monopoly-like challenge (even if I get nowhere close to winning).
I’ve done that before too—then I just have to quickly unpublish and hope nobody noticed! (Guess it’s a good thing I don’t write posts ahead of time very often!)
I have done that a time or two when prescheduling posts for next year! LOL It happens to the best of us..hehe. Hope the week ahead is amazing.
That Publish button can just look too tempting sometimes, apparently! 🙂
Island of Exiles/ Sea of strangers both look good, they’ve been catching my eye lately as reviews have been popping up. And I hate when I publish something to soon! Especially when I don’t catch it right away or I forgot that changes were needed *embarrassing*
Yeah, my messy list of challenges that aren’t even running as of yet wasn’t a great post to mess up with! 🙂
Oh your challenge list for 2018 is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for sharing that! SO MUCH AWESOMENESS!!
I’m so glad it’s helpful!
OOh congrats on the gift card! I always love getting/winning gift cards to amazon! I basically only spend it on books! Like I will legit even check un-apply if I am buying something other than books in my order! Lol!!! Happy shopping!
Here’s my STS
Have a GREAT day!
Old Follower 🙂
Mine ends up going toward books too—it always gives me a feeling that I have “extra” book money!
LOL I did spot it. recently did that. I still have to catch myself sometimes. Both save and publish are so close together. I’ll be referring to your challenges to see which I want to do. I’d like to try some new ones this coming year.
Ah, so someone saw. I thought maybe I got away with it. LOL!
Yay for the gift card win! Those are seriously the best sometimes. Thanks for sharing my planner giveaway! I appreciate it. 🙂
Yes, winning a gift card is awesome!!
Lol I’ve published a post by accident before too. It happens to the best of us 😉 Congrats on winning the giveaway though! And I’m glad to hear you’re enjoying Coldest Girl, I really liked that one!
Glad I’m not the only one who’s done it!
Your list of 2018 challenges is incredible. Thank you so much for doing that. I was just looking at it yesterday as I prepared my challenges post. I can’t wait to read your review for The Sky is Everywhere. I loved it so much, and I miss Jandy Nelson. I hope that book they have been talking about for the past few years actually sees the light of day soon.
I was actually thinking about you when I wrote my review because I didn’t love it, unfortunately, and the cheating was definitely an issue for me in the book. I know I’m a black sheep with that book, though, and I LOVED Nelson’s other book.
Awesome master list, Nicole, I’ll have to check it out I’m still determining which challenges I want to take part in for the year 🙂
I haven’t decided on my challenges yet, either, but there sure are plenty to choose from!!
Yay, thank you so much, Nicole. Today is my special day. My baby is one year old! I can’t believe I’ve done it and thrive. Yay, so happy for my little blog. Thank you for the support, Nicole. I hope you have a wonderful week filled with awesome books. ❤️?
I hope you had a fabulous birthday celebration for your little one!
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown is amazing. I hope you enjoy it!
I really loved it!! It got me out of a slump a bit.
You are so amazing for putting together the list of challenges! Wow, what a lot of work. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to do any challenges next year but I know exactly where to find the if I do! I really, really enjoyed The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. I thought it had such a unique take on vampires.
If you decide to do any challenges, this is definitely the place to come!
That’s awesome you compiled a list of 2018 challenges! I am always impressed with how many challenges there are, but I am only joining two of them next year.
Congrats on the win! It’s always fun to win a gift card and the get to decide on which books to spend it. Have a great week!
There are TONS of challenges out there!!
Ohhh it’s been a little while since one of us has accidentally published a post, when it wasn’t supposed to go, but it’s the worst. Then you have to watch and delete what transfers to Facebook, Twitter, bloglovin etc. Hugs!
Yeah, I was really frustrated that it even ended up on Twitter—oops!